• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TVP Customer Appreciation Day

Breeze260

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2009
Ohio
Just as it says this is <span style="font-weight: bold">our</span> day at Thunder Valley. Saturday 10/23
grin.gif
10:00 am the range will go Hot
We have a few idea's for some fun shoots(Challenges)but welcome any idea's you may have. I have some golf balls and milk jugs that I'm bringing. We will be shooting part of the day and then the range will go cold so we can eat and relax by the fire. It will be Pot Luck so please being something. There is no cost
grin.gif
I will be trying to keep a running menu on here so let me know what you will be bringing. Plus we will be shooting the Combo on Sunday 10/24 So come on out and enjoy the weekend with us.

I'll be bringing my Cowboy Beans

Re: TVP Customer Appreciation Day

I'm thinking helium balloons tied up at the 1000 yard line could be fun. I'll probably bring the AR and a few handguns too.

I think I'll be bringing Cheeseburger Rice.

I will make venison chilly and stew and or if anyone can roast a deer I can plug one this week with my bow and have it ready.
Any ideas?

We will be shooting from the benches(steel 100-1200) and you will be able to go up to position one on the short and long course to see what the matches are like. This is the day to come out if you have been wanting to but not jump in for a match.

Milk jugs full of water at 600yds
Clay birds at 600yds
Sniper poker at 300yds
And more
See ya there

Mile target shooting, steel or paper. Maybe a mile match?
Or a wasp killing comp with yard sticks...lol!

Soooo, who else is going to be there? Surely some of you lurkers would want to come out and give it a go. If you haven't been there it is definately a kick-ass facility for rifle shooting.

Hey Tom, is there electricity out at the benches for crockpots?

I have a family function that day & won't make it, my misfortune. Sure to be a good time. Send a few down range for me!

mscott

Yes there is power at the center stand but my crock pot will be in the concession stand. What ya bringing?

I hadn't decided yet, but was thinking about a crockpot of hot dogs along with buns, etc.

Shooters,

TVP will be raffling off a .30 cal. TIGERSHARK suppressor (value $1650.00)and the new N/F 5.5-22x56 or 50 mm scope with high speed knobs and zero stop(value $1864.00).
The tickets will sell for $20 each or 6 for $100 for BOTH items. A total of 100 tickets for EACH item must be sold before we give them away. If there is not a large turn out or only 20 shooters then we will vote on one or the other and give one item away that day IF all the tickets are sold.
Keep in mind if you win the suppressor you will have to do the necessary paper work and additional costs will apply. Some very good odds of winnning two great products for a very small investment. YOU MUST BE A TVP MEMBER TO WIN. If not you can join the day of the drawing Saturday Oct. 23rd.

Thanks,

Hey, someone e-mail/PM Glen..he loves to cook!

I'm planning on making stew...should feed about 10 people very well. Chilli also with lots of cheese.

Murdock is bringing the firewood but the more the better so if you have some please bring it. Weather looks great!
Pumpkins with tannerite and a clay bird shoot at 600 yards, 5 birds 5 shot elimination. Also one shot at a clay bird at ONE MILE.

Thanks,

Sounds like a pretttty good time, shooting and food. I'll be there and will bring something

so would saturday be a good day to come out to get my feet wet? i missed all the newbie days. i have no dope or chrono numbers, nor have ever shot past 300 yards. but i do have a SAC build dying to stretch its legs out!

Yes it would be a perfect day to get your feet wet. Its going to be a fun day

We can get your dope by shooting steel every hundred out to 1200

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chickeneye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so would saturday be a good day to come out to get my feet wet? i missed all the newbie days. i have no dope or chrono numbers, nor have ever shot past 300 yards. but i do have a SAC build dying to stretch its legs out! </div></div>

Any event is a good time to come out to TVP. You won't find a nicer group of people that are more than willing to share what they know.

hopefully ill have time to get some loading done so i can make it.

if i can come, ill probably be plus one. is there anything specific needed food wise? also is it a problem if i dont have a spotting scope to bring

edit: if i plug TVP's address into google maps or something are the directions accurate? or does anyone else have better directions coming from 77 S. sorry for all the questions lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Come on out and you can touch my rifle
grin.gif

nouj5z.jpg

</div></div>

I just want to touch the Caldwell bipod. hahahaha sorry I had to.
smile.gif

I really wish I could make it sat but its my bday that day and my girl has a the day planned for me. Sounds like it will be a blast.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I just want to touch the Caldwell bipod. hahahaha sorry I had to.
smile.gif
</div></div>

I swear my Atlas is on order
mad.gif

See ya next time

Chickeneye
As I see it there will be chilly,Hot dogs,cowboy beans,Cheeseburger Rice, and at least two desserts. So bring whatever you want.

Are you camping and shooting Sunday?
Never had any trouble with directions but I don't come from that way, Maybe someone else will chime in.

Hope to see ya there

Saturday is a great time to come out and meet some of TVP's shooters and see first hand what we have to offer. Lots of help will be available for anyone who needs it. Food and drink afterwards.

Thanks,

That is one sharp rifle Wayde. I can see one lil improvement that I'd like for my own personal use though
smile.gif

(DISCLAIMER: this is a photoshopped modified version of Breezes rifle.)

Gonna have to miss saturday although I'd really have liked to come out with my short stick but have to dig footers and backfill a wall on two separate jobs before the rains hit next week.

Topstrap

Chickeneye,

Take I 77 to exit 54 Kimbolton/Plainfield. Go west following ST RT 541 about 10 miles to Linton Township Road 118, turn left/south and go 1 mile we are on left side of road.
I will have a sign out if it lasts over night..if not we have TWO mail boxes you can't miss it.

Thanks,

Wow..that looks cool..We can build that Top..with a suppressor on the end of it!!!!

Wayde,

Good things come to those who wait and normally when something is on back order it means it's an awesome product. I never was much for bipods till I used the Atlas now I wouldn't use anything else. It's a great product for the precision shooter.
It will tie things nicely together on your new build.
Hey..maybe you will get lucky and win a can this weekend!

well its looking like everything is a go for saturday. friend confirmed coming as well. we're both young and green, cant wait to get out there. as for food, looks like you guys have main courses covered. ill plan on bringing some chips and such and desserts of some sort.

All packed up and ready for a weekend of shooting, now to relax.
See everyone in the morning

I'm good to go as well. I'll hopefully find something unique to bring out there. See you all there.

Thanks Tom. Turned out to be a pretty good day. Nice to see some new faces as well. Hopefully after a little time on position 1 you'll be fully addicted. Anyone that thought about it, but didn't make it really missed out on a good feast. Elk stew was pretty good stuff. See you all next time.

It was a great day to shoot, a lot of fun with good folks and outstanding food. There was no lack in rifles and if I wasn't already going to get yelled at as it was.. I would have stayed longer and threw some rounds with the pistol too. Only question I have.. Who won the raffle?

I had a great time. Thanks again to Tom and his wife for their hospitality.

saturday was a great time, thanks to everyone. big thanks to wayde, i think me and kevin shot more of his guns than of our own.

how was the match today?

Hope everyone that showed up had a good time this weekend, I know I did.

Chickeneye; Glad you two had a good time. I think you shot more ammo through my rifles than I did this weekend

Sniper poker was an eye opener to everyone, I think. I know I went into it thinking its only 300 yards but the cards look really small.
2z6i49h.jpg

The cardboard with cards
2crn2b8.jpg

Never did get a good hit on a milk jug with anything bigger than a 300 win mag(video's later)

I also need to know who shot at golf balls at 600 yards. I took pictures of the ones with bullet holes in the paper. Here's mine I shot with my 243
3008wty.jpg

Food was outstanding Thanks everyone
23vnnnd.jpg

2eydk3r.jpg

Oh yea.... Sundays match was a small group but we had a good training day with the wind. Sure am glad Mike & I built 260's We shot the Combo but if you brake it down we both cleaned the short and Mike shot a 105 and I shot a 117 on the Intimidator. Highlights for me this weekend was hitting the 1650 target Saturday and having a first round hit on the 1165 in the match with all that wind. Did I say I had a good weekend if not I did.

Thanks Tom for having us

Dang, I miss you guy's!
This year has been the opposite of the last few.
Would love to burn up some old ammo on a 300 yard card game!

Any tickets left?

Glen

Helping with the cooking is never a problem.

Holyshit...look who crawled out from under a rock somewhere.

Nice pics Wayde. I wish I hadn't missed that watermelon exploding.. that was AWESOME.

Wade, I think my next build will be something close to what you have. You and mike m just have too much of an unfair advantage with your team 260 shit.

NIce video. My 338 just poked holes in the jugs with no explosion.

I know, I was expecting more when the 338 hit it. Who wants to weigh in as to why the 338 just passed through and the 260 had more effect on target?

Lighter projectile = more expansion, greater energy transferred to target.

ahhh.. ok. That would make sense. I think somehwere I knew that but its too early to think.