• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TVP Fall Tactical Challenge

Breeze260

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2009
Ohio
The event will be held at Thunder Valley Precision located in Coshocton, Ohio September 29th & 30th.

Both shooters in the team will have to engage targets in their forward, left and right flanks. Shooters will feel the stress and importance of making one shot hits on their intended targets. It is important for you and your team mate to make quick, educated and instinctive decisions instantly and accurately the first time.

Each team will be briefed at each station before setting out on their mission. Then and only then will they know mission specifics. Your team will be given the details and it's up to you and your teammate to execute the mission in a timely fashion eliminating all targets as quickly and as precisely as you possibly can.

Match will be limited to 25 teams
Cost per Team will be $250.00
Teams will need the following to ensure mission success.
One scoped rifle each capable of one MOA or better and able to shoot distances from 10 yards to 1200 yards.
Any center fire caliber from 223 Rem to 30 cal. (Suppressors are encouraged)
200 rounds of ammunition each.
Clothing and footwear suitable for field maneuvers

Campers/Camping is permitted
Range address
Thunder Valley Precision
15786 TR. 118
Kimbolton, Ohio 43479
GPS co-ordinance 40°10'37.43"N 81°43'1.38"W
740-502-6530
Thunder Valley Precision
[email protected]
Registration Starts Wednesday July 25, 2012 After 4pm EST, we will accept the FIRST 25 team e-mails. If you are successful I will email you back with payment info...
One e-mail per team please with the following info
First and Last Name
Full Address
Phone Number
Email Address
Emergency Contact Name and Phone Number
T-Shirt Size

<span style="color: #CC0000">No prize table
Cash payout to 1st place $1000</span>

Re: TVP Fall Tactical Challenge

Registration opens on my birthday. Coincidence? I think not. I'm in.

I am curious why people r so worried about a prize table at a match that only costs 125 per team? For all the work it takes to set up and run $125 is cheap. Shoot if you want a kickass prize table the entry fee ought to be $500. Not trying to be a jerk but I for one would rather see an affordable shoot and forget about prizes.

I'm in just have to confirm my cousin can come if not I'm shopping for a shooting partner.

Last TVP match had prizes. No custom rifles, but $500/each to the winners, and McMillan stocks to the dead-last team. It was good.

Now is this one 125 per team or shooter>? Last match post started as 125....then jumped to 250.

And just to clarify since this is the interwebs I'm busting balls, not being a dick
smile.gif

PM sent to ya breeze. Might be able to help out on a prize table.

<span style="color: #CC0000">Sorry for the typo again</span>...I reread it a hundred time and still did it.

$250.00 a team
No prize table
Cash payout...details will be given before registration opens

<span style="color: #CC0000">No prize table
Cash payout to 1st place $1000</span>

If someone wants to enter but needs a partner let me know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DubGunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If someone wants to enter but needs a partner let me know. </div></div>

Let's see a resume...

:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DubGunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If someone wants to enter but needs a partner let me know. </div></div>

Let's see a resume...

:) </div></div>

Come on Turbo, How about some on the job training!!!!

I wish I could make it to the match but I will be at college and can't come home that weekend.
frown.gif

But I would like to see the results/some pics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I you have trouble with my email some are some are not... use this one

[email protected]
</div></div>

You got it in early this morning. I knew I read it before and didn't see it. How many teams yoou have signed up thus far?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RODENT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Registration Starts Wednesday July 25, 2012 After <span style="font-weight: bold">4pm EST</span>
</div></div>

You got it in early this morning. I knew I read it before and didn't see it. How many teams yoou have signed up thus far? </div></div>

Guys if you did not receive an email from me send me a PM

If you have shot this match before there will be a lot more shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys if you did not receive an email from me send me a PM

If you have shot this match before there will be a lot more shooting. </div></div>

What is the biggest round total per shooter each time to the line. I ordered another 5rd mag so I have 3 but is that enough?

Thanks,
Merritt

Merritt
Don't buy anymore just for this match, but to answer your question it will be close for some of the thing we've been talking about. Ask again when we get a little closer.

Hmmm that sounds like an idea for a stage 10 loaded 10 loose

I'm expecting plenty of pictures/videos of the match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mwroseberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys if you did not receive an email from me send me a PM

If you have shot this match before there will be a lot more shooting. </div></div>

What is the biggest round total per shooter each time to the line. I ordered another 5rd mag so I have 3 but is that enough?

Thanks,
Merritt </div></div>

Merritt if you want you can borrow a 10rounder from me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: triceratops3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm expecting plenty of pictures/videos of the match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mwroseberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys if you did not receive an email from me send me a PM

Thanks,
Merritt </div></div>

Merritt if you want you can borrow a 10rounder from me. </div></div>

I appreciate it stud but unless you have a 10rd mag that will fit a 2.900 length bullet it won't work. I have to use alpha type 2s because nothing else will fit them.

Thanks,
Merritt

Sean and I are in. I'll be camping, but only if it rains.

Merritt, I'll have an extra alpha2 for you to use.

-Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mwroseberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: triceratops3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm expecting plenty of pictures/videos of the match.

Thanks,
Merritt </div></div>

Merritt if you want you can borrow a 10rounder from me. </div></div>

I appreciate it stud but unless you have a 10rd mag that will fit a 2.900 length bullet it won't work. I have to use alpha type 2s because nothing else will fit them.

Thanks,
Merritt </div></div>

No problem. Didn't think you loaded that long. Well have fun.

Wayde,
Mark and I are in.
I sent the email a while ago. Let me know if you get it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wayde,
Mark and I are in.
I sent the email a while ago. Let me know if you get it. </div></div>

Got it & replied

I have a single shooter if anyone else is in the same boat let me know, Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a single shooter if anyone else is in the same boat let me know, Thanks </div></div>

Have another one if anyone is interested... This shooters is new and wants a partner will to give it a try.

Still have a few openings

I'd like to come and need a partner, but I might be the beginner you are referring to above.

Tim K

A few spots left and I still have a single(yes its you Tim)

Are we able to zero/practice from the BENCHES ONLY on Friday afternoon?

Looking forward to the match. Hopefully no rain like in the spring.

Be at the range by 8:00am Match starts at 9:00am

Has there been an update to the course of fire. If I don't need 200 rounds it would be nice to know that before I get the last bit done.

150 max= 50 targets 3 shots each
<span style="color: #CC0000">One Day Match Saturday Only</span>
Camping is allowed Fri.& Sat.
Open Range on Sunday

The "Dave's" won with ~700 points out of a possible 1000. Bill and Donny took a fairly close second with ~640.

COF included:

A single 600 yard shot at a 12"x12" plate, standing, with a 5' tall pole to support the rifle and then a single prone shot at a silhouette at 1000, all in 30 seconds

Then a "mad minute" - one minute total for both shooters to engage targets at 200, 300,400.....1000 yards with one shot per target

Then we shot all 4 stages of the both the intimidater and the headhunter...a first round hit = 10 points, SRH=5, TRH=2

Conditions were beautiful with ~60-65°F, 2000' DA, and moderately steady wind at 5-6mph.