• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TVP Intimidator/short course schedule

Tom Sarver

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2007
Coshocton,OH USA
Shooters,

Need to take a vote on the September 25th & 26th match.
A few shooters would like to shoot a double both days or a short/Intimidator double. Lots of shooting there. NC shooters are looking forward to coming back and a couple of new TVP .260's will need to be put to the test also.
I normally close the range down for my fall activities but this year we will stay open till at least October 17th. Maybe 23rd and 24th.
Please let us know what you want to do. I realize we have a schedule but as always it can be changed to suit your needs.

Last but not least TVP is in need of a website designer ASAP!
This has been an issue for sometime and I can't seem to get it done. This would involve a whole new website from scratch. Pictures, videos and all our services and events will be listed. Once the website is built we can maitain it. Please let me know if anyone knows someone who is capable of doing this. Also, we need vectorized logo for shirts and caps Etc.

Thanks,
Tom

Re: TVP Intimidator/short course schedule

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Need to take a vote on the September 25th & 26th match.

<span style="color: #FF0000">....double/double....INTIMIDATOR....bring lotsa bullets fellas...
grin.gif
grin.gif
</span>

I normally close the range down for my fall activities but this year we will stay open till at least October 17th. Maybe 23rd and 24th.

<span style="color: #FF0000">that 200" buck won't be killable until Nov. 8th or so...thanks for staying open longer!!</span>

give me a chance to shoot my new build...
cool.gif

</div></div>

Yes, but I may get him--200" buck-- the first day. He's on a pattern and not nocturnal yet..my 187" 22 point was taken the first day of season 2002..so wish me luck. Knowing what I know I will hunt every day morning and evening starting Oct. 15th So postion 3&4 will be off base sometime after that.
Several new TVP rifles will be done this month and happy customers are going to want to shoot so I will do my best to make it happen.

Thanks,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So postion 3&4 will be off base sometime after that.

Thanks, </div></div>
Doesn't target 2 on pos.2 send one back that way?

Breeze,

Nope, I will be safe and probably out of the tree by then anyway..but if not I will be safe behind the big oak.
Thanks for caring though!

Wouldn't want my favorite place to shoot closing down...I mean wouldn't want you getting hurt.
wink.gif

If not a double intimidator then keep running the combo matches both days. Maybe shooters will wear out their barrels faster and you can sell a rebarrel job!

More bang for the buck is always gooooooood!

That Sucks!

I really wanted to make another match before things shut down, but I am tied up for the next 3 weeks solid, I was hoping to make a match Oct 16-17 but I guess that is not going to happen!

Tom, any chance that things would be back up and running with some matches in late Oct or early Nov if you get the deer that you want in the first week or two of the season?

If it is just time to call it quits and take a break that is very understandable, I don't envy your work schedule, I am sure that you can use a weekend or two off!

If it doesn't happen for me again this year, thanks to everyone at TVP for a great year of shooting, I have had more fun and learned more this year shooting with you guys than just about any other.

Best of luck to everyone,
M Richardson

capt..

We will stay open till at least October 17th..not sure if you read my post right or I'm reading yours wrong.
Also, I want to have a get together for the last match in October before we shut down for a few weeks. Kind of a fall gathering so to speak. Food and fun sounds good and a day of shooting mixed in. Try to get some shooters here who have'nt been able to make it out much.
We can talk about it..maybe have a range day at some point and set up the new 3-GUN course and 100 & 200 yard range..

Thanks,

hey tom, have you decided what match combo you will be running on saturday oct 9th?

Not yet but I'm working on it..short/Intim. sounds popular as of now..or double Intimidator. Either way both are a great shoot and offer a good time and PLENTY of shooting. Just make sure to bring enough ammo!

Thanks,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> . . . . . Knowing what I know I will hunt every day morning and evening starting Oct. 15th So postion 3&4 will be off base sometime after that. . . . . .
</div></div>

Sorry Tom, I was going off the October 15 date from above, but looking at the first post, I can see that Oct 16-17 may still be an option.

I think the "End of the Season Match & Gathering" is a great idea.

Per above, I am tied up solid until the Oct 16-17 weekend, but obviously you guys have to pick whatever weekend works best for everyone.

Thanks again and hopefully I can make it back up for at least one last time in 2010, of course betweeen all of the new .260s and Hulks running around, the competition is going to be a whole lot tougher!

Best of Luck,
M Richardson

Several of us from NC will be interested in a Short/Intimidator double or a double Intimidator the middle of October either one.

Tom,
What's the verdict for this weekend, Sat. the 25th and Sunday 26th? Need to figure out how much reloading I need to do.
Thanks!

Bring a hundred for either day and you will have it covered

I vote Long/short combo for Saturday and short course for Sunday.

Breeze first day of archery opens Saturday...trying to figure out if I am going to come over Sat. and hunt Sunday or vice-versa. We probably won't come down for just short course...

So what course is being shot on each day?

Tom, I am thinking about coming up there in the next weeks if I get enought time off. Hope I can make it. I want to do a long match. Short would be fun too. Is paper over?

From what I'm getting it seems like everybody wants to shoot the combined Saturday and Tom said its up to us. So plan on it and we will figure out Sunday, I want to do Intimidator or combined Sunday day also.
Just come out ready to shoot

Shooters,

We will shoot the short/long together Saturday and Sunday.
Those who wish to only shoot one or the other or both can do so.
We will shoot in this order, POS 3S POS 1S POS 1L POS 2 S&L POS 3 POS 4 finish.
Time should not be an issue.

Thanks,

Its like Christmas Eve...I know whats under the tree and I get to shoot it for the first time tomorrow.
Can't freaking wait

really? truely? and for surely? We hate dissappointment and having our ying yangs pulled! Pictures now!

Wayde, surprised you're not sneaking downstairs early to start ripping packages open..

This package you can shake all you want, I don't think you'll hurt it.

You shooting Sunday?

Nope chooter if you want to see it you will have to come shoot this weekend.....Am I shooting Sunday Hell yes I'll be there Friday morning thru Sunday
See ya there

Wayde,
Your new rifle and myself will be waiting for you bright and early at the 100 yard benches. We will break the barrel in and begin tuning your new TVP .260. Then we will make a drop chart out to 1200 yards and wrap everything up by shooting 100 yard increment steel to get EXACT zeros and EXACT velocity. Then we will proceed to the short and long course to get PRECISE dope so you will be ready for our future steel matches.
This is a service we offer every TVP customer who builds a rifle with us and even for those who don't.
Im looking forward to helping you get the most out of your new precision rifle.

Thanks,

Congratulations on the new stick Wayde. I'm sure it will be a shooter and you'll like the 260. Remember to take it easy on us short stick guys next time.

Topstrap

Thanks Tom

It's going to be a great weekend

Monday or Tuesday I'll put up some photo's of the new 260's in action. Or you can come and shoot with them all weekend

Make sure you break it in right, now..

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TRRahHX9Zkg&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TRRahHX9Zkg&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I'm excited to see Wayde's new stick in action. I believe flounder, mark and myself will all be there Sunday. I might have a new LE guy coming down too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tullius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Make sure you break it in right, now..

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TRRahHX9Zkg&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TRRahHX9Zkg&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>
Wade,
Maybe you could have Tom throw your rifle on the ground 6-7 times before you get there,that way it will be ready to shoot when you get there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">really? truely? and for surely? We hate dissappointment and having our ying yangs pulled! Pictures now! </div></div>

I got a text sent to me today. It was a picture of Wayde and his rifle. It looked like he seemed happy with it. Good luck with your new rifle. New builds are fun.

van

I'm coming down Sunday morning with 3 others. Long course is the only way I roll!!

I will be bringing the 6.5 Grendel. We will see how a 123 Scenar does going 2500 FPS.

Mark

That load might have a chance to clean the short course Mark..
grin.gif

Is there any problem with coming out on Sunday just to have a look-see? Unfortunately, my new stick is still not complete, but I would like to see the range, watch, and learn.

What time do things get started?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wicked Weapons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there any problem with coming out on Sunday just to have a look-see? Unfortunately, my new stick is still not complete, but I would like to see the range, watch, and learn.

</div></div>
Tom's surely still on the range, but I'm sure spectators are still welcome. No need to wait on a new rifle ..... old guns are welcome too. Typical start time is 10:00 or so.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wicked Weapons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there any problem with coming out on Sunday just to have a look-see? Unfortunately, my new stick is still not complete, but I would like to see the range, watch, and learn.

</div></div>
Tom's surely still on the range, but I'm sure spectators are still welcome. No need to wait on a new rifle ..... old guns are welcome too. Typical start time is 10:00 or so. </div></div>
Will the match start earlier than 10:00 tomorrow,since it's a double?

Not a double but long & short combined.

Per Tom's earlier post, all matches in Sept. start @ 10am, be there by 9:30
laugh.gif

edit: Tom if this changes, call/text. Won't have access to the interwebs..

Tom
Thanks for a great weekend and great rifles. Mike and myself love our new rifles. We really appreciate all the help this weekend getting our new TVP 260's dialed in so quickly. Now all we have to do is learn how the 260 fly's. Today was crappy weather with wind,rain, and a little fog but we still managed to come with in inches of the mile target. We'll get it next time.

Thanks again for everything

dfyukl.jpg

156a5b6.jpg

25u76vd.jpg

Saturday
rcppiv.jpg

Sunday
2vv2f6b.jpg

Any scores or calibers that are used available?

Nice looking sticks ya have Wayde and Mike.

Topstrap

All at TVP on Sunday,

Just wanted to say 'Thanks' for letting me come over and hang out, watch and learn from you. Shooters are generally a friendly bunch and you all made me feel welcome. Long range steel looks like a lot of fun, but not nearly as easy as it appears. It was a real eye-opener. I will definitely be back. Next time, with gun, bullets and questions.

The TVP range was totally worth the drive. I think I just found a new way to spend a pile of money and a lot of time.