• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TVP Modified Combo Match

Breeze260

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2009
Ohio
Sunday the 14th
We will be shooting a modified combo. We will <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #990000">not</span></span> shoot position 3 & 4 unless Tom gets his deer. Those shooting magnums please bring something smaller for the close targets, or pm me and I'll bring something for you. Target distances range from 176-1165 Cost $20 members $30 non-members start time is 10:00 so be here before to get signed up and ready. Max round count is 60 unless Tom gets his deer then max is 84 so come on out and get some cool weather dope
grin.gif

Any questions

See ya there

After the match you will be able to shoot from the benches(steel 100-1200) just not at the Mile target

Re: TVP Modified Combo Match

Go hard Tom!
Is there a close, cheap place to stay the night before?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hotels are in Coshocton, NewComerstown and Cambridge.
Coshocton and Newcomerstown is close, about 18-20 min.
Cambridge has better food and the women are better looking there too...30 minutes south 77.

</div></div>

Hope this helps

Quick question.
Has anybody talked about the short course with slug guns, or muzzeloaders?

Stations one and three, would be great!

Coming down sometime.

TC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCA4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quick question.
Has anybody talked about the short course with slug guns, or muzzeloaders?

Stations one and three, would be great!

Coming down sometime.

TC

</div></div>

Great to watch maybe, but I think it would be an exercise in frustration.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ScottS1W</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go hard Tom!
</div></div>

I checked a Days Inn close by, it's $71.00
and I checked a Hampton Inn $107.00.

will plan on being there.

need to order a box of smks i have exactly 4 left lol hope they get here in time.

To clear things up. The combo is the Intimidator(long) and short course put together and now modified because we will not be shooting two positions. This is a rifle match with targets ranging from 176-1165. You will be shooting from your belly unless you have a portable bench. Any other questions feel free to ask

You mean I have to shoot from my belly
grin.gif
Sounds like fun count me in

If the weather is decent (no rain) they'll be 4-5 of us there.

Will our class III items be avalible?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rarebreed93</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ScottS1W</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go hard Tom!
</div></div>

I checked a Days Inn close by, it's $71.00
and I checked a Hampton Inn $107.00.</div></div>

Thanks guys. Too rich for me.
My Mapsource and MapQuest is not finding it. Directions please, sorry.... Address of breakfast location would be good too.

There are hotels in Coshocton that should be cheaper, maybe share room?
I will get some discounted room rates for you guys in the next few weeks, it's on my list.

Directions from...? I can help.
Bob Evans in Coshocton would be best if coming from 16 or 36.

The deer creek hotel in cambridge had good rates. and it's American owned

I'm so jealous that you all get to have fun and shoot out at TVP! I'm may have to quit my job..haha just so I can get a weekend off to come out and shoot!!!

Have fun guys, and hopefully, I make it out there this winter for some shooting...

Thanks Breeze, Tom and Robert,
Got the directions, working on the hotel.

The roaring metropolis of Toledo! Want to share a ride?

Big town of Defiance for me.Probably stuck at work.

Filled my Buck tag already so Im in for Sunday anyone else heading down?

I'm planning on it... solo too. Looking forward to meeting you guys.... I think.
Are you gentle with virgins?

We will pair you up with someone or maybe you will meet someone here you want to shoot with..... or maybe not.

"Virgins" I thought those were urban legends..... This could be fun
wink.gif

hmm, I wonder if I have enough ammo to do this.

I could use some experienced help. I am new to this game. Will anyone there speak MOA?
I think I made a mistake when I stuck with MOA and set up this rig. Sounds like everyone else talks MIL.

Most corrections are given in moa. You'll be fine as long as you know how to turn your turrets the correct direction.

They are very helpful, I showed up after mounting my scope at midnight and had no drop chart and got helped alot, great range too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wgsp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hmm, I wonder if I have enough ammo to do this. </div></div>

I was told you will need 84 rds.

It looks like I will be able to make it Sunday. I don't know which one to bring. It has been awhile since I have shot my rifles,I may have gotten rusty.

van

MOA? What is that? We've used everything to judge the next shot from plate size, ground hog size to truck tire sizes to judge how I'll hold for my next shot. I never adjusted my scope at all the whole season for any shot from 200 thru 1000 yards and still managed to hit a few targets here and there. Did have a mount that let me adjust my elevation settings though.
smile.gif

Just kidding though, I'm actually going to be using MOA this coming season and see if I might hit a few more targets to keep up with you all.

ScottS1W, MOA settings should be fine and most everyone will know how to help you make the adjustments needed at the shoot. If weather holds out I'd still like to make it out this season for the "Intiminator". You'll have fun and prob do a lot better than you're anticipating.

Topstrap

What about lunch? Brown bag? Is there something close by? Sorry, I just read 3 threads and and I couldn't find the answer.

"ScottS1W" Brown Bag

Van..... it will be nice to see you again

Van is showing up too? crap, looks like I'll be hitting the gunshow and trying to find some blackhills.

Tom or Wade: Still a modified combo or did Tom get his bambi and will it be a full combo? Need to know how many boolits to bring.

I will be available to help anyone who needs it, as well as several other qualified TVP shooters. That's never an issue, I think most of us look forward to that anyways. I've enjoyed sitting back and watching the shooters get "better".

how do I get there from cincinnati? or what should I put into the gps?

It's looking like a decent crowd if most of those posted show up ..... how about we figure on starting with 2 squads? Maybe with one group on pos 1 of the Intimidator and the other starting on pos 3 of the short?

Plug this into Google maps:

15786 TR 118 coshocton OH 43749 United States of America

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how do I get there from cincinnati? or what should I put into the gps? </div></div>

Very very easy: I70 east, take Rt 93 north(first exit past Zanesville), go approx 24 miles and look for RT 662, go past and take next road(county 145) on your right. When the road comes to a "Y" turn left, go 200yards and you are there.

Ok first time post. Looks like every body is getting the itch. I'm guessing this will be like the rest...rain or shine?