• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TVP Range Record Steel Match March 22nd

Tom Sarver

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2007
Coshocton,OH USA
Shooters,

On March 22nd at 10:00 A.M. we will be holding our first 16 steel target range record match. Whoever wins this match with the highest score will hold the range record till it is broke at another match. The highest possible score is 160. 10 points for one shot hit, 5 points second shot and 2 points third. Targets are engaged from 275 to 1150 yards.
You will need 48 rounds of ammo minimum. Extra shooting after the match is the norm here so bring more if you wish. Bring a lunch and or cooler we can transport it in the range vehicle.
Match fee is $30.00
Winner will receive his entry fee back.
Please bring spotting scopes if you have them they are a great tool for the new guys. .338 cal. or under please.
Make sure your bolt is out of your rifle.

Thanks,
TVP
"Pardon our noise, it's the sound of FREEDOM"

Re: TVP Range Record Steel Match March 22nd

Sounds good cant wait, I will try to make it there before the 22nd to get my gun and get it zeroed. Let me know how the base worked out if you get a chance.

See you there. I think Ill leave my gun to get the barrel chopped and threaded too...it will be tough being without it for two weeks though.

Hopefully it wont be crazy windy again, Id like to actually put some shots on paper for once at 600/1000.

Anyone coming interested in 5000 Remington 5-1/2 Small Pistol Primers?

Rodent,

Can you give a couple guys detailed directions from Dayton I-70?
I'm not sure what the best route is from there thought you could help.

Thanks,
Tom

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rodent,

Can you give a couple guys detailed directions from Dayton I-70?
I'm not sure what the best route is from there thought you could help.

Thanks,
Tom </div></div>

No problem.
Take I70 to 93 North, turn right on Township Road 145 and left on Township Road 118 and it's 200 yards on the right.

map-1.jpg

Wish I could make it back, but I'm limited to the Saturday meets due to church obligations. Enjoy and hope to see you next month! Should have my suppressor by then and will hopefully be more competitive after my first time out!

Curt

Curt,
I understand your commitment to church, that's a good thing. Being alot of our shooters can't make it on Saturdays because of childrens events/sports I felt it neccessary to set some dates where they can participate too. Hope everyone understands. We will rotate and see how it works. This is our 7th year and we are trying to keep things going through these rough economic times. I hope the lord understands I have to work on Sundays! I'm sure he does he's answered ALOT of my prayers, just look at this range in my backyard! Thanks everyone for the support we appreciate it so much. I hope all of you guys who have recently starting shooting with us have enjoyed your experiences at TVP.
I look forward to seeing everyone on the 22nd. By the growth we've seen it's been the BEST year yet.

Again,
Thanks,
Tom Sarver- Owner/Operator Thunder Valley Precision

"The harder we train, the easier it will be for us to remain free"

"Pardon our noise, it's the sound of freedom"

Tom,

Nice talking to you today.
Either day is fine for me for the shoots.
Looks like a couple more new people to see the range next weekend.

Glen

I think Im only going to be able to make it to this match, not the 308 Challenge (if its still Saturday the 28th). As it is this will be three straight weekends Ill have made the drive!

Im going to try to talk my way into being able to come down midday saturday, I might try to get some loads up around 2900fps that shoot well, and need to rezero.

Tom,
I spoke with a guy today that shoots F Class. He siads he's coming pending his work schedule and his dad is in for sure. Looks like Melvin's on board as well.

RODENT

I'm excited to be coming back...hopefully, I get zeroed in and be able to give you guys some good competition.....

No matter what, it will be fun and I look forward to learning from all of you!

See you all Sunday!

I have a 20moa base on my rifle. Gonna head out today or tomorrow to do some fine tuning. Hopefully, I get the LR dialing in figured out.

See you Sunday,
Pete

Gents, looks like I should be able to come out for this one. Looking forward to checking out the range for the first time and enjoying some good weather.

Shooters,

Looks to be a real good turn out this Sunday. The weather looks good too....hopefully the wind will be calm for some high scores!

Tom

cant wait, cant wait.. looks like its going to be Sunday Fun Day.
smile.gif

Should be a good day sunday.Work is getting in the way of me having fun.I`ll see everyone in a couple months.

Good Luck
van

Ill be coming and bringing a friend it will be his first trip to TVP. Both of us will be shooting 308. See everyone there!

Karl,

BS! Take a sick day, you deserve it. Come shoot with us!

Tom

Looks like the 3shot per target rule is going to have to be striclty enforced on Sunday if were to finish the course.

Also no ladies out looking for her dog and calling 911 because she thinks were shooting at her haha!

Ill have my usual ham'n'cheese's. It will be plenty nice out though to maybe grill something up if we were to have time to do so. Id be down for a burger for sure.

Alright, so heres the deal.. I was at the local gunshop today and they had 3 lbs of Varget and a ton of primers. I bought all 3lbs figuring that people at the match may want them. I have an 8lb jug that should be shipping soon so if your interested, I will have them with me. I also picked up 5K of Large federal match primers for Tom so you may want to talk with him in case they are not all spoken for.

Update,, Tom asked me to head back out and get the rest so this is what I will be bringing. I tried to call Tom again but couldnt get ahold of him but they also had 2K of Federal 215 Large Rifle Magnum primers. I didnt see the price but if anyone wants them, let me know asap and I can swing back by tomorrow and grab them. Yeah, thats right.. Im officially the guy that cleaned them out of 12,000 primers and the rest of the Varget they had.. hahahahah. You guys owe me big for fronting the cash for ya.. Just kidding, Im just glad I could find it so you guys can continue shooting.

IMG_61611.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats a lot of primers. Ill give you $29.50 for a box. </div></div>

Smartass.. you have a kick to the junk coming.
smile.gif

It's going to be one heck of a weekend! Guns-bullets-steel targets going PLINK and beautiful range day the Lord gave us.
Makes me feel ALIVE again. After I'm done stuffing my freezer with the best meat God ever gave man I'm ready for old man winter to get out of dodge! I need to get those pictures posted too. Website will be updated after this weekend. Please bring cameras and chow this weekend. I have a surprize to post Sunday night.

See you this weekend,
TVP

Also did anybody get the name or number of the guy who won today I meant to get a pic of his bolt handle befor he left but I forgot.(he was the one with the badass range finder)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firemarshall27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also did anybody get the name or number of the guy who won today I meant to get a pic of his bolt handle befor he left but I forgot.(he was the one with the badass range finder) </div></div>

Badass range finder is an understatement. I hit one hill top that reported back 5918 yards.. Holy shit man. I could buy a car for what that thing costs. Are the scores posted anywhere?

Shooters,
What an awesome match! Great weather and a great bunch of guys.
Our biggest turn-out to date and the best CONDITIONS too.

I want to start out by saying THANKS for your support and shooting with us here at Thunder Valley. To be able to walk out my back door and go to work is truly a blessing and I couldn't do it with out you guys coming to shoot. I hope your day here at TVP was well spent.

OK, now for the winner. Mr. Mark Simpson from North Carolina won the match on Sunday. He was shooting a .338 Lapua IMP. and .300 gr.SMK @ 2900 fps. He set a new range record with a score of 104! With ten one shot hits it added up quick, leaving two third shot hits and only four targets missed. That's awesome shooting indeed.
Mark is a friend of mine I met in N.C. shooting 1000 yard BR. several years ago and he is one of the most kind hearted people you will meet.
When I turned around and saw his face Sunday morning it was a great suprise. It was a pleasure having you here Mark and I know for sure you made some new friends here at TVP. Congratulations!

Second place was John Miller JR. from Coshocton, Ohio shooting a .300 Hulk and 240 gr. SMK's around 2900 fps. His score was 84 with 7 one shot hits. Good job John.

Third place was Zman from Cleveland, Ohio. He shot an amazing score of 82 with a .300 WSM
His best score yet. He shoots 208 Amax bullets at 3000 plus fps.
Good job Zman!

First place in the Non-Magnum class shooting a .308 win using 168 gr. amax bullets was Aaron Hipp from Columbus, Ohio. AKA flounder from here on the Hide, shot a score of 72 with 6 first shot hits. That's a great score with a .308 here at TVP. Good job Aaron and thanks for looking out for your fellow shooters with the primers and powder. Your a good man.

I want to once again thank all the shooters who showed up this weekend for our Steel Challenge. Alot of new shooters and there new rifles made for some great pictures. I'm sure whoever has them will post them soon.
I will call on those who snapped pictures to send them to me or our new website girl so she can get them on our NEW website this week.

Thanks,
Tom Sarver
TVP
"Pardon our noise, it's the sound of FREEDOM!"

Best time I've had yet out there.. Awesome day but I look like a lobster from all the sun.
smile.gif

Even MY neck got toasted!

Still had fun even though I shot like crap yesterday.

Good to meet so many new guys, and veterans I hadnt met yet.

First time at this type of shoot and I am hooked. I was unprepared(knew that ahead of time) but had a great time. Excellent and friendy group of shooters. Now just wish my sunburn will go away! See you all on the next Sunday shoot.

Great time yesterday!
Fun riding in the back of the truck with Mark.(great shooting with you)

I think Flouner ate too much to make it up the last hill.

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

Brother, and Scott had fun Sat.
(They didn't want to leave that early.)

How many times can we say best time yet?

Glen

great match even greater bunch of guys to shoot with! Thanks to Tom Sarver and Charlie for the work done! Congrats to Mark Simpson great shooting! I'll be putting my pics up in a little while in the photo threads.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: woodspider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">great match even greater bunch of guys to shoot with! Thanks to Tom Sarver and Charlie for the work done! Congrats to Mark Simpson great shooting! I'll be putting my pics up in a little while in the photo threads. </div></div>

Please post the link to the photos here once you have them posted.

Glen,

Nice picture of my truck. Now I now what you were talking about "the mystery" picture. Actually when I saw the sign from the other side I just thought it was a 5 mph sign or something I never really paid attention. That's funny. Hope I didn't piss anyone off at the show! That explains the announcement.....ooops! Would have never known if not for this picture. Classic!

Tom

More pics. All Bolts where out of the rifles in every pic. Bolts were only inserted once on the firing line and Tom made sure everyone took their bolts out before leaving the firing line.
IMG_6169.jpg

IMG_6170.jpg

IMG_6171.jpg

IMG_6173.jpg

IMG_6163.jpg

Come on Jeff. Get some underwear on.
IMG_6172.jpg

We wait in line, and have fun doing it!
This is not paper.

F-class may be trying to add the fun factor back in, but doesn't compare.

Thank-you Tom, for coming up with a way to bring more shooters together!

You made it interesting enough for Mark to come up and see.
(He set more than one record that day!)

TC

Great pictures guy's. Sunday was a blast. John

Hello everyone, I just wanted to give you all a little sneak peek at the photos that I took on Sunday!

1b.jpg

1c.jpg

1d.jpg

1a.jpg

1e.jpg

1f.jpg