• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TVP Steel Plate SUPPRESSED NIGHT SHOOT 4-18-09

Tom Sarver

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2007
Coshocton,OH USA
Shooters,

Get ready for the most bad ass Sniper/Tactical shoot yet.
We will engage 16 steel targets with SUPPRESSED long-range rifles
all at NIGHT! The targets will be painted white and will be illuminated with glow sticks (secured)and will glow just enough for the shooter to be able to indentify the target. Again, this is a Suppressor shoot only.
If it works out a special guest will be here with his fine line of Shark Suppressors for shooters to sample.

Those of you with illuminated reticles will finally get to use them.

As of now we are planning to meet in the evening then at one hour past sunset start the night shoot. It will be a long night so prepair yourself for it. All safety requirements will be strictly enforced as I'm sure everyone understands.
All are welcome to camp out on our range if need be.
Cost for match is $50.00
More details to come.

All professionals are invited.

Thanks,
TVP

740-502-6530

Re: TVP Steel Plate SUPPRESSED NIGHT SHOOT 4-18-09

Ill be there for sure, assuming my barrel is threaded and I have a can to sample.

Cant wait for this, it sounds fun as hell!

Will the range be available for shooting the morning/day of the shoot. I would like to be able to come out and do some shooting during the day of the shoot. I'd like to be able to see if there is any point of impact shift with my new can as compared to my old one at various known distance on your steel as it was set up for the last match.

Let me know. Should be a blast.

Josh,

Yes, range will be open all day Saturday. We were going to have a shoot during the day but I thought it would be best to be sharp and AWAKE during the night shoot which could last till about 2-3 A.M. depending on attendence. Looking forward to it.

If someone wants to shoot on Sunday during daylight the range will be open all day. I can smell the wood smoke now!

Tom

Yeah, looking forward to actually being able to camp outside and have a bonfire.

Ill be coming down earlier Saturday and probably stay for awhile on Sunday as well.

Take I70 to 93 North, turn right on Township Road 145 and left on Township Road 118 and it's 200 yards on the right.

map-1.jpg

May not be threaded, but know how to watch a fire.
Smell your steaks cooking now, so sorry you missed.

How many shooters will we have for this?

Bean pot anyone?

TC

I cant believe this hasnt stirred up more interest...its still early though hopefully more people will chime in.

Scott has my YHM now so if he comes I will have my own can to use. Will be nice to be able to compare so many different brands head to head.

Josh and Scott both have SRT's (magnum and non-magnum)

Josh has a Thunderbeast Ti now

Hopefully Shark will be there with his line

Now we need guys with AAC and SWR to name a few more.

Anyone have a decibel meter?

Yea what jonaddis84 said were is everyone!!! I wish my Tigershark would be in but David should be there and have some extra cans to play with so guess it doesent matter. Anyway cant wait

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cant believe this hasnt stirred up more interest...its still early though hopefully more people will chime in.

Scott has my YHM now so if he comes I will have my own can to use. Will be nice to be able to compare so many different brands head to head.

Josh and Scott both have SRT's (magnum and non-magnum)

Josh has a Thunderbeast Ti now

Hopefully Shark will be there with his line

Now we need guys with AAC and SWR to name a few more.

Anyone have a decibel meter? </div></div>

I'm going to try to make this shoot.

I've always wanted to shoot the S&B at night...

Scott

I've been wanting to make it out there for a while now. The 18th should work out nicely. What distances are we talking about, 308, 300 RUM, or 50? NVG's and IR iluminators or bare scopes?

What's the pot?

Rum Lover

.338 cal. and under. Distances are from 275 yards to 1150 just as our day shoot is set. We have farther targets but we will be using the original course of 16 targets. You can use whatever scope you want on your rifle, night vision etc. We will have a magnum and non magnum class. Range finders are allowed. Winners will receive entry fee back and a TVP plaque. Range is open for practice till 6:00 P.M. on Saturday. This will give the target crew enough time to set up for night shoot.

Jon Addis,

Is there anyway we can put up a 3D map of the range with targets shown on it set up on course?

Tom
TVP

Sure. Its hard to tell if I have them in the exact right positions, but I think its close enough to give new guys an idea of locale.

To see full size images click on the below links.
http://www.geocities.com/jonaddis842003/Rifle/TARGETS_POSITION_1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/jonaddis842003/Rifle/TARGETS_POSITION_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/jonaddis842003/Rifle/TARGETS_POSITION_3.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/jonaddis842003/Rifle/TARGETS_POSITION_4.jpg

TARGETS_POSITION_1.jpg

TARGETS_POSITION_2.jpg

TARGETS_POSITION_3.jpg

TARGETS_POSITION_4.jpg

All those distances above are correct, and that is the course we will be shooting, so I guess that makes it known distance.

Im curious to see whether ranging is possible with an LRF at night. I know the LRF works a lot better when its dark, but whether or not you will be able to see the target is the question.

Jon

Awesome maps man. That is pretty rocking. Looks perfect

Josh

Maps look good jon.. Gotta love google earth. I use google earth maps and do wireless signal overlays for some of my clients so that they know how far their signals are traveling based on GPS coordinates mapped to signal strength.

Just like my motercycle.......100% bad ass!

Good work Jon thanks so much!

Surgery for me tomorrow won't be available for a couple days.

Thanks for the support guys.

Tom

Tom,
Good luck with the surgery, Hope you have a speedy and healthy recovery!

Hope to get out to see you and the guys soon.

Pete

I've tried using a LRF with nvg's, but it was difficult to marry the two up without the adaptors. It was also difficult to see the targets past 200, maybe 300 yards. I'll bring my vector and see if that works, never tried it with nvg's. With lum sticks, if may be enough to distinguish the targets.

Looks great!
I've got pics of some of the targets from the positions, but not all. Could we use these also? I'll take more next time.

Tom,
What is the price for the paper shoot this weekend?
How many rounds will a person need?
Thank's
Glen

Glen,

Members $20 dollars per gun per match and $25 non-members, membership $50 yr. We shoot two complete matches per day.
5 rounds light gun and 10 rounds heavy gun 5 rounds factory per record target. Unlimited sighters for 6 minutes.

Call me.

Thanks Pete,

I'll be back up and running in about 8 weeks I hope. Then its hand to hand time. You can help me with this if you want. Lots of guys interested. Time to put in sand pit! You and your friend coming to night shoot?
Sorry you had to leave early last match hope everything with your daughter was ok.

Tom

Glad to hear you'll be back at it soon. I'm trying to shuffle my schedual around to make it to the shoot. Thanks for asking, it was my son and he's better now, had a touch of pneumonia, but it didn't get too serious.

Just let me know when and what kind of help you need, I'll be there to help out.

Pete

Speaking of hands on time, I need to get some hands on time with my rifle, so I can get to hitting my targets.

DSC00104.jpg

Here's my 5 shot group today at 100 yrds. I finally got my rifle zeroed in.

No I just have to figure out how to adjust for the farther shots so I don't loose my zero again.

The low left shot was due to my own error, but the other four shots were all just about in the same spot. And just to clarify, I was out of targets, so I was shooting 2" x 2" post-it notes.

If you put in a sand pit for hand to hand, Im in for the win.. Dont care if I do good or bad but good old fashion rumble in the dirt is just plain fun. Brings back memories of working at the bars with the stupid drunk college kids.
smile.gif

SPD.. glad to hear your kid is doing better. My rifle was a bit sad when you left and took its brother with you. PS what loads have you settle on for your 5R?

Shooters,

Talked to David from Shark Suppressors he said he will be here if nothing comes up. He will be bringing a few of his items to sample so to speak. He will be taking orders.

Tom

Also,

some shooters have asked to shoot on April 11th so whoever wants to show is welome. Steel course will be open for practice.

Tom

Flounder, I only been shooting Fed. gold medal match 168gr. My department supplies it to me so I haven't tried any othe ammo yet.

I like the Fed. I'll probably stay with that, but go up to a 175gr bullet.

Proper returning to zero, means knowing where it was at to begin with. I realize, there is a lot of info to digest, but it seems to be getting easier to put together. Log as much as you can.
I tried an average range zero point, with drop chart for conditions, and tried to translate moa to my scope settings.
I think cranking to a number is easier than counting clicks!
Multiple known targets,with time limit.
Sound familiar?

I'm getting excited about this shoot. Should be tons of fun. I plan on arriving around noon and shooting from the line if anyone is interested. I'm bringing a buddy who hasn't made it into the tactical scene yet, but rocks the bench rest games. We are planning on ringing some of the steel and letting him see what his current gear can do for him at 600 and 1000.

I'll also be comparing the point of impact shift with the new can vs the magnum can I have been using. I'm very interested to hear all the different manufactures stuff at one shoot. Sounds like we will have a pretty good representation of the feild. So far we should have: Shark, SRT arms, TBAC, AAC.

Should be fun!!!!!!

My YHM should also be there Josh....hopefully.

Im also getting pretty excited about it. Will be getting down there probably around the same time to get all my drops down.

Im doing everything in my power to come to this. I spoke with Tom last night and David from shark today with some additional questions..

Looks like the turnout is going to be really good.. Lets hope the weather is the same.

Please remember not to bring wood from Quarantined areas.
Just bring 20 lb bag of charcoal instead.
Wood is easy.

Glen

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCA4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please remember not to bring wood from Quarantined areas.
Just bring 20 lb bag of charcoal instead.
Wood is easy.

Glen </div></div>

Did I miss something here? Quarantined areas???

Yes, you may have.
Emerald Ash Borer.
There is a hefty fine, and good reason not to carry wood.

I saw this stupid litle bug before it was a problem.
Burn what you bring, no problem.
Pine can give bright light.
Take no wood or debris home.

Carry no ash.

I was just planning on setting your vehicle on fire.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Glen,

I have PLENTY of NATIVE firewood so we're ok. If not Charlie the Range Keeper will cut some more! So no need to bring any, but you can bring STEAK! We will have pig roast when weather warms up ok?

Tom

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My YHM should also be there Josh....hopefully.

Im also getting pretty excited about it. Will be getting down there probably around the same time to get all my drops down. </div></div>

99.99% sure your YHM can will be there, along with my two SRT Shadows, one standard and one XL.

I will be bringing a couple .22 cans and pistols also.

Scott

Tom,
Figured you did. Just thought I'd remind the guy's that may be in those zones like myself.
I'll even get my steak local!

Haven't talked to the boss yet on the meter but shouldn't be a problem.

If the river run is good to me next week maybe Ill be able to bring some walleye down if anyone wants some.

Thats great news Scott!

I was hoping to smoke a couple steelhead myself!
Water is too high and cloudy right now, but hope to get a couple by then.
Jon,
How were you thinking of cooking them?
Grilling?

Its official. Im in.. I told the ole lady last night.

Ok, she's definitely not old, young actually, but I wont ruin this thread by posting half naked pics of her.
smile.gif
smile.gif

No I wont be down this weekend. I need to work on the bikes and then head to see the family. I have a friend coming in town from San Diego as well. Next week I am planning on leaving columbus in the afternoon so I will probably get out there between 4-6 which should give me enough time to create some drop charts for some new loads. Unless there is an adapter out there for my threads and a sample to use, I will just watch a few of the shots to decide on a potential manufacture of can and then head back to Cbus. No sense in me standing around all night watching others shoot and not being able to do anything myself.

I'm getting excited guys. Can't wait for next weekend!!

How many are shooting 308?