• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TVP Steel shoot Feb 6th 2010

Tom Sarver

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2007
Coshocton,OH USA
Shooters,

Our next steel shoot is Feb 6th. Super Bowl on Sunday!!! So I switched it to Saturday because of the amount of requests.
New (improved) steel will be in place. Ar400 plate with new stems are literaly bullet proof..extra frames at each station.
I've enjoyed testing these over the last few days so I'm happy with the results.
16 targets and one 10 point bonus (3)shots at 1650 yards as before. 4 positions with 4 targets each. 170 possible points, 51 minimun rounds.
Two man teams for time, 8 minutes total, 10 point bonus for 5 minutes or under. Match fee is $30 per person, winning team gets match fee back as well as individual shooters NON TEAM(4 mins) odd number (if) he wins highest score. Odd number/no team mate option? Something to think about.

Also, new shooters...and everyone else..NO BOLTS IN RIFLES. This means when you show up.. it should be out when you pull into the drive way..I've noticed a couple guys pull their rifles out of the case with the bolt in THEN take it out...too late..It must be out before you take it out of case..if you have a gas gun please have a safety flag in it. We must make TVP and our other ranges as safe as possible. Thanks and please look out for this. If you see someone do this PLEASE bring it to their attention ASAP...or instantly.

Looks like a great year with LOTS of new shooters and new events. Looking forward to it.

E-mail me or call if you need more info. Our NEW website will be updated shortly.

Thanks,
Tom Sarver
Thunder Valley Precision

Re: TVP Steel shoot Feb 6th 2010

Nice a Saturday...will get a day of rest after the shoot. Cant wait to try the new steel.

Time to start looking for Saturday work coverage. Hope to be there.

Shooters,

Match starts at 10:00 a.m sharp. At 9:30 we will proceed to the top of the hill position 1, if you need to sight in you must be completed by 9:15 on the dot.

Tom

Hi Tom,
I had to work the first 2 matches, but have
this one off.
I'm really looking forward to shooting at Thunder Valley
again. See you on the 6th.

Bill

Superbowl Saturday for shoot?
Gives us a day for the bowl too.

Whurte and others.
look forward to meeting new shooters.

This is that kind of good fun, that might get ya PO'ED at the same time.

Still trying to get off Monday too.

See ya there!

Damn where's the excitement...

Tom, when can we start shooting from the benches that morning to check some data before the match?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Damn where's the excitement...

</div></div>

Kinda what I was thinking .... there were 10 or 11 pages to the first match in January thread, but I think everyone is hibernating now. I'm figuring on showing up around 8:30 to shoot a few rounds before the match if that's alright, Tom?

I'm still waiting on the new mount, my son is waiting to get my old one, Dale is still waiting on his barrels.

Gonna have dandilions in the yard before our guns are back together if something dont' come in the mail soon
smile.gif

Topstrap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Topstrap</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm still waiting on the new mount, my son is waiting to get my old one, Dale is still waiting on his barrels.

Gonna have dandilions in the yard before our guns are back together if something dont' come in the mail soon
smile.gif

Topstrap </div></div>

Surely you guys have a rifle or 3 laying in a corner somewhere .....

Mike and others...

Yes, you can shoot to check dope...anytime prior to 9:15 a.m.
At 9:20 we will have a meeting then up the hill at 9:30 and set up. Please register as soon as you can with your team mate. Those who come solo will have to pair up with someone.. not a problem.

Tom
TVP

Topstrap,

What kind of mount do you need? Also, what barrels..I have access to both.

Tom
TVP

I have that VGM 5 position on my XP now but am waiting on the new 10 position to arrive and get mounted before final sighting in for the summer shoots. My 5 postion will go on my sons XP. Just hated to get all the settings for them then the new mount shows up and have to redo it all again. Could arrive anyday and then we'll both be ready to go. Am really anxious to get them set up and then enjoy matches at both TVP and Rayners all summer.

Thanks for the help though, we are getting cabin fever waiting on stuff to arrive and set up. Will prob call and arrange a day to come out. There could possibly be quite a few of us to spend the day getting settings on your 1000 yard range. I do have a question.

I have a small platform on top of a tripod, as long as I can carry it can my gun be shot on top of it? We don't want to be using something that may be deemed unfair if others cannot use it but I think I read bipods and tripods were encouraged and wanted to see if we could use this in your matches.

Dale is having SSK put a heavy 260 barrel on his XP and he has a new McGowen 260 coming for his Striker. Either of them could be done anyday. Just hate being in limbo with the matches starting up soon. Let see....... +109 MOA to 1665 yards... yeah I can get that... bombs away.
smile.gif

Topstrap

Topstrap,

Your rest is legal...it's a shoot what you bring show. Let me know when you want the range..lots of shooters calling for dates. Most don't mind to share..some want it privately...

Thanks,
Tom

Hey Tom, you need to take Mother Nature out behind the shed and talk about the weather. The 2 previously scheduled days weren't too nice and now this Saturday isn't looking too stellar either.

mscott,

I hear ya... hopefully she will change her mind???
Two more months then it will be decent weather for us. Several shooters shooting through the week now so that's good. Cold weather data seems to be getting more popular. Especially with suppressors.

Tom
TVP

Tom,

If ya need help, I can show new shooters the course, same as last year.

It was always a great time.

Think you may have a big awe factor with the targets.

Spotter needs to know where they are at.

Spotter is depending on shooter.
(Limited time)
Spotter is next shooter.

Robert,

Not yet..but in a week or so it will. Still building new targets for it. Also looking for a break in the weather...need the snow to melt so I can weed eat new target positions. Targets work great and react well with good sound. Should be a great challenge for AR shooters as well. Running gun "Gauntlet" is next.

Tom

The way this is going its going to be lonely at the top of the hill

I'm not completely scared off yet, but I've shot enough "Hell, I was there" type matches. Chuck says an early spring, so hold on just a little longer.

Man, make me wish I had ordered my stock a couple weeks earlier. New scope is mounted but gotta wait on the new stock and zero the rig before I head out there. Please let us know as soon as the new site is up and running because I would like to get a calendar to plan with.

Thanks,
Merritt
SGT USMC vet.

New website is being designed as we speak. Going to be very nice with lots of events, pics and vids. He is a pro.

Tom

If we get the snow they say we could get you might get lost walking up to the top of that hill.

Still no mount here for mine yet but did get a new scope for sons XP to put on top of my old mount so we're getting closer.

Dale is also still in limbo on barrels for his guns.

Prob next month now for TVP and just hoping to be together in time for Rayners at end of the month.

Have fun, at least it can't get much colder than it was last month up on the knob
smile.gif

Topstrap

Tom,

If the weather keeps the match from happening on the 6th, any chance we can come out on the 7th to shoot from the benches and station one?

Is anyone planning on shooting Saturday even though the "White Doom" is coming? I think I'll stay at the house.

Sunday might be an option, but .....
Can you even see bullet splashes in 6" of snow to call shots?

Shooters,

The match or range day if that's what it turns out to be is still on. Several shooters STILL wanting to come out even with all the snow. New targets are up and ready. Please be safe on the way out...we will not expect everyone to be on time so we will start a little later if that's ok.

Tom
TVP

stay up until 2:00 this morning reloading,all ready to go and get called out of state on storm work.everybody thinks they need electric.have fun guys,

josh

Well Josh you didn't miss too much.

After my three hour drive on that washboard they call SR16 from Columbus.I show up to a real winter wonderland.There were a few shooters when I arrived.They didn't stick around long though.The best I could see to was 600 yards at times.While its true I could see at 1000,the condition did last too long.After the other shooters left,I pretty much ended any longrange shooting for the day.I confirmed what I needed,the snow helped with that.

Ended up shooting an AR.I think I had more fun with my AR.I know I did.By the time I left the sky cleared up.It was bright.

It sure beat sitting at the house.

van

RobertB-

Neither.With the way the weather was with the snow and all,I was surprized to see others out when I showed.The other shooters did not stick around long after I showed.Nobody discussed shooting any match.

If I had a snowmobile,I would have shot the long course.Maybe snowshoes would have been in order if I wanted to walk it.I had no desire to try driving my truck through the course either.

I'm wanting to see the short course.It sounds like fun.

van

van,

your right,anything beats setting at the house.i would have shot all day with ya.i got a new rifle case/shooting mat fri. and was looking forward to trying it out.oh well,maybe i'll be home next weekend and get out to do some shooting.i got some DTAC 115's on the way i want to try out too.although looking at the forcast it looks like more is on the way.

josh

Sorry I missed, but we had a little snow on the other side of town!
Tried to call.
We were floating across the parking lot.
Got lot and hill cleaned for lunch, to lose power after.
Time for liquid carbs.

What a beautiful ride home.

Anyone have pics besides me?

Van,
It was good meeting you Saturday.

We couldn't even see the 600 yard target racks when we got to
the range. I was struggling to make hits on the steel and my 155 scenars were disappearing in the snow without a trace. I know the wind was hurting, but I also need data for the freezing temps. I felt like I was just wasting ammo so I decided to knock off way early. Cabin fever will make a guy do crazy things. I'm good now until the snow is off.

If your ever working around Marietta again give me a call and maybe we can do some shooting.

Bill

Bill-

I may take you up on the offer.Usually when I'm working out of town I'm looking for a place to shoot.Most of the places I go have a weapons restriction though.I try to plan accordingly.

I'm sure I will see you again at Thunder Valley.Maybe there will be less snow.

van