• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TVP steel shoot May 23rd 10:00 A.M.

Tom Sarver

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2007
Coshocton,OH USA
Shooters,

This is the weekend of the camp-out here at TVP. We will shoot Saturday and Sunday. After the shoot Saturday we will eat and make camp.
After Breakfast Sunday morning compliments of Glen, the cook, we shoot.
Should be a great time.
Match fee is $30 for one day and $50 for both.

Bring food and drink, but I'm sure there wont be a shortage.
Chime in for more details

Thanks,
Tom

Re: TVP steel shoot May 23rd 10:00 A.M.

I need to know how many are going to be here for breakfast.
Not a problem, just need to plan.
Don't have plates and forks yet.
More the merrier!

I have the plates and forks! And the deer steak/burgers.

Marinade? I will figure it out soon.

Sweet corn? Hmmm...maybe if I can find some.

Tom

IMG_1518.jpg

She is almost under the wire

Final shooters from Saturday.

IMG_1547.jpg

On the rocks.
IMG_1541.jpg

I'll take a blonde and a brunette, on the rocks... with salt, please
wink.gif

This weekend is probably kinda short notice to mobilize for, but may get out there to the next one!

Marc

I plan on making the one in June. Question: I figure my equipment is good to 1165, where does the match end?

Yes, if you have a magnum. They are bonus points. Sub mags go out to 1165.
hope to see you here.

Tom

Need to know when the girls will be back.. I didnt know this before or else it may have motivated me to get my ass out there.. Tom, you should consider some type of news flyer or email mailing list. Also the search engine here on the hide wont allow you to search for TVP since its too short. Just something to consider for the people trying to find out information for TV events.

Tom,
I have a six pack of Weber Chipotle marinade if you want some.
Buehler's should have some good corn.
(got coffee cups?)

I'll do some beans for Saturday night, and coffee to go with breakfast Sunday.

Flounder,
I believe you already said you can bring some ladies up.
We'll talk about when this weekend.

Tom,
Thank's again for another fun weekend!

To the guys that couldn't make it.
You missed a chance to shoot the course three times with no wind, and get good dope.
We added a mystery target at station one Saturday afternoon, and it has been hit by two out of three that tried it Sunday.

Mark,
Hope you got the fence done so you can shoot again his weekend.

Is there another match this saturday(30th)?

I really want to come out there but I need more then a few days notice.

TC, I have something for you...
smile.gif
Check your email.

flounder,

I know I posted somewhere the dates ahead of time just for this reason. We shoot every weekend except the first Saturday and Sunday of the month which is set aside for BR. Been this way since March.

Next matches are on May 30, June 14 (SUNDAY), June 20th and June 27th.

Tom

"Shooters,

Other dates for steel shoots are 5-23, 5-30 and 6-20 for those who wish or need to plan ahead further. Please let us know what works for you. 5-23-09 after the DAY shoot we planned to primitive camp/cook-out and shoot Sunday morning. A chance to see a beautiful sunrise over Thunder Valley."

Newsletter is already there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 260 shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I plan on making the one in June. Question: I figure my equipment is good to 1165, where does the match end? </div></div>

1150 is the farthest target of the course.
This is the third target, of station one.
It also gives the guy's that can hit it a chance to strectch to a mile.
There are now four targets between 550 and 950, with one unknown, at this station.

Four targets, 8 min. 3 shots per target. 10,5,2.

Go for the 1150, or the unknown.

Looking foreward to this weekend. I'll be there along with another guy. The only other time I've shot there it was not very nice weather and I didn't really have a decent long range rifle.
Are the pictures of the range posted in another thread fairly accurate as far as target distance? Can I use them or is that cheating?

Hey Tom, did you get my message about threading barrels?

mscott,

Yes I did, I simply forgot to call you back...I apologize!!! This week has been a killer....my cell messages are filling up while I'm acutually on the phone! Sorry I did not get back to you yet, I have about 20 more to go!!! But honestly what ever you need done we will take care of you in a timely manner. I appreciate the work. I'm in meetings tomorrow 12:00 till 4:00 P.M. if you want to call before 12 noon or after 4:00 I will be sure to answer.

Thanks,

Tom

yes, all posted matches are steel shoots. Hope you can make it out sometime.

Tom

MS, and others,
Keeping and using a log is recomended.
The idea is for us to learn and have a fun at the same time.
If you can figure out how to cheat, with the rules being prone and bipod or bags, let me know!

I'll be on for a while to help with what I know.

Thanks, TCA. I've got a log book started, but all I have so far is loading data and round count. This will be the first time my rifle has seen past 100 yards, so I'll be taking plenty of notes. I have a chart printed out from JBM to work with, but if the target distance is known it might help get all my data together. Having fun is a given when burning powder. See you Saturday.

Here ya go,

Station one:

Station two:

Station three:

Station four:

Trust your spotter!

Thanks Tom, what a perfect day for a match!!! I had a real good time for my first tactical type match. I even bought another box of bullets on the way home to get ready for the next time around. I won't be able to make it back for the 6-20 match, but it would be cool if you could get a few other dates posted ahead of time. I am fortunate enough to be in a shooting rich region, so I have my calendar marked with pistol, multigun, and other misc. shooting events.