• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TVP Tactical Rifle Longrange Paper Shoot 1/24

Tom Sarver

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2007
Coshocton,OH USA
Shooters,

We will be holding a 600, 1000 yard and one-mile paper shoot January 24th 2010 at 10:00 a.m. sharp. Please be here by 8:30 a.m. for registration and set up.

This shoot is being put together to allow our TVP shooters and others... are welcome...to get some trigger time in.

We will shoot 2 targets at 600 and 2 at 1000. Group and score winner. This will be an agg match. We will shoot fives shots per record target. You will have unlimited number of sighters for 6 minutes first target and 3 mins for second target. When range command is given you will fire 5 record shots into target.
.50 cal shooters are welcome but will keep them to one end or if enough we will run them in relays. Will need help in scoring shed please.

Cost for match is $30.00 (4 target agg)
Or if you choose not to shoot in the match and just shoot targets it's $20 for the day members..$25 non-members and $5.00 per target. Alot of shooters just want trigger time so if you do... plan on spending the day with us. We will have food available.
This is a great way to see how accurate your rifle is
and if your loads need tuned. Great way to learn the effects of winds..how quickly they can change your shot placement.
We will sight in on clay birds on the lower bank first to get rough wind/elevation then move up on top bank to assure minimun cross fire. I will explain in detail the morning of shoot. I will have my World Record rifle set up for those to see a true BR rifle and how they perform if your ever interested in exploring longrange BR.

This is a shoot what you bring rifle match.

Tom
TVP

Re: TVP Tactical Rifle Longrange Paper Shoot 1/24

I'll be there.I can see how my .223 does on paper.

van

I'll be there. can we rehang the same targets to get multiple gun groups? 223, 308,338 etc?

So there won't be any classes? just the different distances?

And on my birthday................ If only I had time and things together...

By classes I meant like heavy gun or light gun. Like the normal benchrest. Will it mostly be tactical rifles or is benchrest welcome? Hell I'll shoot all 3 if I can. I just don't want to be the only one show up with benchrest gear and get beat by tactical rifles/shooters.

RobertB, Yes, you can bring your BR rifles. The match was intended for the shooters to see how well their Tactical rifles would group at long range. But all rifles are welcome...even longrange pistols. We will have plenty of time shooting relays of 20 or how ever the numbers turn out. We can easly seperate into classes if shooters want..we will take a vote Saturday morning.
I'm sure it wont be an issue.

Tom
TVP 

Thanks, hopefully I can make it. How long intil the acutual benchrest starts?

Tom

Will there be a meeting about memberships for TVP or should I just bring it up during the shoot.
Just wondering

I may be wrong, but I think Tom wants to take and make things better for all shooting sports.

New 600 and under hunting course.
Yeah, that's Fricking close!
Sounds like fun.
Some guys want to try it with a pistol. (myself included.)

My rifle is getting heavy, my gun fits in my pants.

Factory scopes and bases.
By getting good dope @ 600 you should be able to hit at least half of the targets on the long course!

This does not mean you will!
This course is not meant to be cleaned!

Not sure what Tom has for the food, but we could do something like a pot luck I'm sure.

I hope the weather then is going to be like what have had here in Ohio for the past few days.

van

Forecast looks good but that's a week away.

Shooters,

I've had some calls this week about shooters just wanting to get some trigger time in.. and not wanting to shoot in a match.
So..the morning of the shoot we will see how many show up and take a vote...we can either shoot a friendly match or just have a range day. We can shoot paper and steel.... what ever you guys want to do. If we elect to have a range day it $20 for the day plus targets for members and $25 for non. Shooters can fire from benches or prone. Targets at 600 1000 and one mile paper. We can set up relays and shoot 20 shooters at a time 600&1000 yards and two one mile shooters. Let me know what you think.
This will be a good chance for you to tune rifles and check loads performance.

Tom
TVP

Will there be steel scattered every 100 yards out to the 1000 line to get some settings at?

Thanks

Topstrap

I'd be interested in just a range day personally. I don't mind if it's a match, but my intent is to get some good 1k yard data with various loads and rifles.

Will you have ammo for sale at the shoot. I run 308. What would you have available and what kind of prices?

mwroseberry-

Generally there is no ammunition for sale at Thunder Valley.I can think of two or three Gander Mountain stores from the Urbana area to Coshocton.Two on the east and west side of Columbus off of US-70. There is also Woodberry Outfitters inside the city of Coshocton.These stores have websites with directions.

van

I'll be in Chicago this coming weekend....so I won't be able to make the shoot...I would like to get some range time in though. I finally put a scope on the 300win mag!!! So I need to try and figure out my dope for this rifle now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BAZ_0157</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be in Chicago this coming weekend....so I won't be able to make the shoot...I would like to get some range time in though. I finally put a scope on the 300win mag!!! So I need to try and figure out my dope for this rifle now. </div></div>

BAZ_0157-I feel your pain..I understand what its like to be elsewhere.So,to help you out...I will get all the information you need.Drop the rifle and plenty of ammunition off to Tom Sarver.Teel him I made this offer to you.I'm sure he will understand.

I'm only making this offer to help out.I have a buddy in my local who is from that area.He grew up in Brilliant,OH.We worked an outage together.I worked at the Cardinal plant and stayed places like-The Dove motel,Relax Inn(St.Clairsville).I got treated great everywhere in between.I even had brown gravy on my fries at that all night diner in Mingo Junction.That was a first for me.You have good people around there.

Think about it,let me know.

van

Reason for edit:I think the name of the diner was Patty's Diner.

Van....thanks for the offer....And Patty's diner has a great late night breakfasts...also the Dove has a pretty good breakfast and a burger that is gigantic!!!

I'll see if I'll be able to make out to Tom's to drop off the rifle...if not, hopefully, soon after i get back in town we'll be able to have a range day...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M40A3peacemaker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Van, I'm from Brilliant, who's the guy? </div></div>

PM inbound.

van

BAZ_0157 -

Yeah I probably should have got the breakfast.I got a cup of coffee and a bowl of gravy over fries.The grease in the gravy got to me quick.I mean real quick.Right when I got to the entrance ramp to the highway.I had a hard drive up to the Dove.I'm surprized we didn't meet sooner.

van

Springers Pizza.
May have piece of steel for 50's.
24" dia, you will not hurt!
(please keep over 300 yards)
Match rounds make it swing, no tear the Shit out of it!
NO AP PLEASE!
Know more soon.

I'm planning on being there. I need an address including zip so I can GPS it.

Thanks,
Merritt
SGT USMC vet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Here you go
http://www.thundervalleyprecision.com/contactus.html

</div></div>

Thanks, Got my 20MOA base on order and should be here tomorrow. I'm a noob and ready to take a butt whoop'n but gotta learn sometime...

Thanks,
Merritt

I went out to watch their plate match a few weeks ago and you'll find that most everyone there will be more than willing to offer help. You'd be hard pressed to find a better place to go to shoot, work on your dope and get help from others that have been in your same place before.

Be sure to take a pad and pencil to take notes as you'll see a lot of different variations on what that shooter likes and feels he needs to accomplish the task of hitting those targets.

Let us know if you ding that mile target.....

That is on my list this year and I know that Lady Luck will need to be on my side for sure. I just gotta figure out how to get more horsepower from my squirtgun.

Good Luck

Topstrap

I've also been told that if I write "Magnum" somewhere on the barrel it will help.
smile.gif

I don't think we'll be able to make this months shoot, Dale has all his guns either being rebarreled or waiting on parts. I've got a new scope mount being made for mine. We should be there hopefully next month and ready.

Topstrap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Topstrap</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've also been told that if I write "Magnum" somewhere on the barrel it will help.

Topstrap </div></div>

I don't think you need to have Magnum engraved on it.
260's and Hulks don't have it!
This is a great group of guy's, feel free to ask.
The group is getting bigger, and will take some time to meet.
Should have coffee if wanted.
See ya there.

Glen

Life sucks.....Working all weekend
next time

Did not make it still fighting a bag case of bronchitis the rain and cold prob would not have helped. Next time.

Wish I could have been there! Broke my damn shoulder a week ago by falling down stairs outside my church (ice). Getting old and slow...

Looks like the rain and mist made the long range stuff hard to see today.

I know what you mean about eyeing up all the fancy equipment. Any of those scopes alone are more than I have in my total rig. I think my scope mount cost about 1/4 of what I have in my gun and scope
smile.gif

Hope to make it to the next shoot if new items get here in time and my shooting bud (Dale) gets at least one of his guns together. I need someone that can spot and tell me my hits or misses in something other than MOA. That is on my list this year, try to learn to spot in that foreign language.
smile.gif

Hope everyone had fun there.

Topstrap

Weather was less than ideal, but still better than sitting on the couch. Nice to see more new faces showing up.

Topstrap, just hit the targets and you won't need to worry about corrections in funny languages
grin.gif

Isn't that always the plan?
whistle.gif

But ya always need a backup plan... Learn MOA and mildot secret code.

Topstrap

Sorry I bugged, but was ready to stay warm, not dry!

By spotting, you will learn the secret MOA code.
Each target is a known yardage.
Always the same MOA value.
How many does your buddy need to crank too, to hit?
It can be done with a duplex scope too.
Trying to learn a scope with more lines right now myself.

Fellow Middie.
Wow, what a way to meet!