• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TVP Team Sniper Match May 28th & 29th

Tom Sarver

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2007
Coshocton,OH USA
Thunder Valley Precision presents its first annual team sniper match.

The event will be held at Thunder Valley Precision located in Coshocton, Ohio on May 28 and 29th.

Operation “The Gauntlet”

The mission will consist of several targets of opportunity. The mission will be specific and carried out in a timely manner were both shooters in the team will have to engage targets simultaneously in their forward left and right flanks. Some of your team shots must be fired simultaneously with absolute precision fire. If either you or your team mate misses an intended target points will be deducted on this stage of fire. This is much better than the real world alternative.

Shooters will feel the stress and importance of making one shot hits on their intended targets. There is no other option. This is a simulated sniping operation and in the real world when you shoot at armed men they will surely shoot back if you miss. That is why it is important for you and your team mate to make quick, educated and instinctive decisions instantly and accurately the first time. Teams will only be allowed a certain number of rounds per stage.

Each team will be briefed at each station before setting out on their mission. Then and only then will they know mission specifics. Detailed maps and an exact plan of attack have been executed for you by force reconnaissance. Your team will be given the details and coordinates and it's up to you and your teammate to execute the mission in a timely fashion eliminating all targets as quickly and as precisely as you possibly can.

Teams will be required to use one scoped rifle each capable of one MOA or better and quality glass for target identification purposes. Each team shall also possess a laser range finder and some sort of land navigation device whether it be a compass or digitally inside your laser, you will need it. Each team will be allowed to use laser range finders on all but one stage of fire.

There will be at least six stages of fire for the match.

Match will be limited to 15 teams each day

Cost per team will be $100.00

Teams will need the following to ensure mission success.

One scoped rifle each capable of one MOA or better and able to shoot distances from 30 yards to 1000 yards.

One compass per team required

Ear and eye protection should be worn at all times.

100 rounds of ammunition.

Clothing and footwear suitable for field maneuvers

Range address

Thunder Valley Precision

15786 TR. 118

Kimbolton, Ohio 43479

GPS co-ordinance 40.17725 81.717449

740-502-6530

Thunder Valley Precision

[email protected]

Registration opens at 9:00 p.m. Thursday night April 14th

We will accept the FIRST 30 team e-mails. One e-mail per team please.

Please send you and your teammate’s full names and contact info such as phone and e-mail.

Tom Sarver

TVP

Re: TVP Team Sniper Match May 28th & 29th

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firemarshall27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Count me and RODENT in. Email to follow! Sounds like a blast. </div></div>

This gives us an excuse to practice more. The wives will surely understand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RODENT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firemarshall27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Count me and RODENT in. Email to follow! Sounds like a blast. </div></div>

This gives us an excuse to practice more. The wives will surely understand.</div></div>

I'm sure! How could they not!!
grin.gif

Email in now For me and my partner

Im in with SubMOA.

Talked with Tom last night and he still has some slots open for this match.

Get'em while you can!

Damn,

I have a holdovers clinic that Saturday and a match the following Sunday or I would definitely go out for this one. The 'mission' theme for a match is a great idea.

Sounds like a great time, and I hope you guys kick ass. I will get out there with bohem one of these days.

--Fargo007

Nothing? No chatter at all and we are just weeks away!

I continue to hear conflicting stories about the format of this match. Hopefully Tom will shed some light real soon.

Shooters,

Obviously TVP is having some issues with everything that has happened in the last few weeks. I have not had too much spare time to keep everyone posted and with the overwhelming issues at hand and we considered cancelling this match because of the time we've lost due to other "issues".
However our alternative plan is now in effect. We will still have the match but it wont be as fancy as we had planned for.
It will still be a very fun and challenging match with lots of targets to engage from 100 yards to 1000.

Here is a list of who is in..and yes there is still room.

Saturday

BL. F
Tom W.
Steve M.
Eric S.
Colin A.
Shannon S.
James R.
Arron M.
Cory S.
Peter S.
John S.

Sunday

Dave P.
James D.
Dave O.
Dave C.

This is a team match. Each TEAM will have X-amount of targets per stage. Each team must decide who will engage which target to "get it done". Each station will be timed and hits scored for first and or second shots if needed. You will get two shots per target only.
More to come.

Tom,

Just sent you a PM. Let me know if there is still room on the 28th. If there is, then count me in along with a partner.

Is Friday still open practice?

Course is complete and we'll be test running it in the morning. Will give you some teasers tommorrow night.

Okay Guys
Sorry but I am not going to give any info away, I will say WE had a blast shooting it. One thing we figured out is we wont be able to make you walk the course like we did(not enough time in a day)So that means we will try to figure out how to haul you around.

If anyone is on the fence about coming out to shoot this I would get off the fence. It is fun, challenging and makes you think. There are a few slots available for both days so get on the phone and reserve your spot.

Thanks

Wayde..

Do you have a current round count for the weekend?

Just received news the Match on <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">Sunday has been cancelled</span></span>

Saturday registration will be at 7:45am and Safety brief at 8:00am Match starts at 8:30am

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamieD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are suppressors legal in Ohio, would like to use it but figured I better ask first : )

Thanks ,
JamieD </div></div>

yes, but not for hunting

Hey, I just figured out that I can actually make this match. I had a prior engagement but it was moved.

I'm in if anyone needs a partner?

Another Great Day at TVP! The Team Match went off great, Super Fun Day!!
Thanks to Tom Sarver, Wayde, and Jim for all the hard work and advice/training, really helped alot of guys learn alot.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Congrats to Team Jamie D & Dave for representing the Great State of Pennsylvania with their 1st Place Team finish!</span></span>
Here are some vids enjoy!
Hint: Try Loading Videos at 720P for max clarity!

Short After Action Report. <span style="font-style: italic">Scoring: 2 shots per target per shooter. 10 points for 1st rnd hit 5 points for 2nd rnd hits. Team score combined, plus times.</span>

START=
<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">1st shot </span></span><span style="font-style: italic">Cold Bore Starter</span>, for score was a 600 yard cold bore shot at a clay pigeon. 1 shot, No video sorry.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Stage#1 </span></span> <span style="font-style: italic">Headshots only</span> were taken was out of a brushy tree filled hillside proned out looking at 6 Steel Head Targets set from, 342 yards out to 922 yards. Sorry no video taken.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Stage # 2</span></span> <span style="font-style: italic">Unknown Distances,& Patrol Contact</span> in the Valley. Shooters Pick a Battle Zero and engage all 6 Steel targets with only hold overs/unders in a very limited time! Here Big Dog Steel's Ryan Brandt is gettin it done in short order!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh0KjCk12pE

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Stage # 3</span></span> <span style="font-style: italic">Silent shot at Tower Guard and Machine Gun Bunker assault, </span>Timed event with 8 Steel Targets. Steve and Eric, must low crawl to a.22 then take out the guard tower with a subsonic headshot, then the team engages Steel from 100 to 1,000 yards. They use all their time just before the 1,005 yard shot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE3vfaTYW3E

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Stage#4 </span></span> <span style="font-style: italic">Shoot and Move stage </span>that began with Shooters seated with a down hill 100 yard shot at a tiny target, then shooters got up & moved quickly to a new position then located and engaged 3 more steel targets set from 200 to 540 yards! Sorry didnt get any video.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Stage # 5 </span></span> <span style="font-style: italic">Grassy Knoll with some up/down angles.</span> Here Shannon and Collin engage 4 Steel targets from 170 yards to 510 yards up and downhill. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLILtumbf3Y

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Stage #5 </span></span><span style="font-style: italic">Grassy Knoll with some up/down angles</span>.Corey (left) and Matt (right) banging 4 Steel Targets from 170 to 510 yards up and downhill.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iko_OfyutXo

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Stage # 6 </span></span> <span style="font-style: italic">Sniper/Counter Sniper.</span> After traversing a small obstacle shooters had to locate then engage 4 Steel Targets that were spread from 925, 920, 358, & 475 Yards. Here team Turbo54 & Psmith get a solid hit at 920 yards, but then struggles a bit to find the shorter targets, then time runs out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3_67f6VOSU

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Stage # 7 </span></span> <span style="font-style: italic">Targets in the Open! </span> 6 Steel Targets were spread out from 250 to 550 yards in this short timed event.Here on the left is Nick (Dedicated Shooter) and Byron (GUNENTHUSIAST)on the right makin it look too easy. Good shooting guys!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A15sRsRIBbw

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Stage # 7 </span></span> <span style="font-style: italic">Targets in the Open </span> 6 Steel Targets were spread out from 250 to 550 yards in this short timed event. Steve (left) Eric (right) close the match out on a good note!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=besIHpWI968

Nice meeting everyone and I had a Blast cant wait for the next one!!!
Steve M.

The guys shooting in stage 5 are Corey (left) and Matt.

the guys shooting in stage 7 are Nick (left) and Byron. Nick is Dedicated Shooter and i'm obviously Gunenthusiast here on the hide.

What a great match you guys put on! Had a wonderful time and can't wait to do it again!

Thanks!

That's psmith and me fumbling our way through and doing a great job of missing targets on stage 6.

Tom/Wayde/Jim: Great event, facility, and administration! I learned more on Saturday about real world marksmanship with 75 rounds of ammo than I have at the gun club in the last 3 or 4 years with 3000-4000 rounds. Ill be back....soon!

Collin/Shannon: PM me when you get the chance, please..

Everyone else: get off your Lay-Z-Boy and come out to an event like this.

Shooters.... good job shooting this match. I hope everyone had fun but also was challenged. From what I was told everyone like the positions, format and the clock. It was a pleasure meeting some new shooters, See ya next time
Wayde

A few photo's

2w2puf9.jpg

2dugoed.jpg

ipp4za.jpg

ru5rad.jpg

2cygoev.jpg

2utl2ed.jpg

140m4k0.jpg

n5rnm.jpg

Looks like a awesome time, Thanks for the pics Breeze, woodspider

Jeff

I thought the Headhunter was tough.....until the Sniper Challenge!!!! Yet, another great, challenging course at TVP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobertB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Tom, any news on the supressor? Is there anthing I can do to speed up this process? I haven't gotten anything in the mail. </div></div>
This is a thread about the Match not your suppressor .

Jeeez. The forum where I regularly hang out doesn't mind questions like that. Give him a break.

match was awesome! About (9) two man teams, no prize table...just the satisfaction of learning a lot of new things and pushing your limits as a precision shooter. Winning team got back their entry fees. That being said, most definitely worth coming out to the next one if you were not there this weekend!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shiples1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">match was awesome! About (9) two man teams, no prize table...just the satisfaction of learning a lot of new things and pushing your limits as a precision shooter. Winning team got back their entry fees. That being said, most definitely worth coming out to the next one if you were not there this weekend!!! </div></div>
I'm sure it was a wonderful match. That being said, if they ever want to see the match grow in size and popularity they should really think about having a prize table. Just a thought.

It was nice meeting everyone at the match and I had a great time. A special thanks to Tom and his range crew for putting on a great match. I really liked that targets were smaller in many cases and the events were timed, adding a little more pressure to work effecient as a team.

Thanks again and hope to make another one.

JamieD

AI Stocks and Accessories

I'd like to thank Tom and the crew for putting together an awesome match that mimic'd real life sniper situations. It was very well thought out and every stage taught something different. One thing that set this match apart from other matches I've been to was the constant pressure you were under to hit the targets in a timely manner. Mistakes that you normally wouldn't make definitely present themselves when your under the clock!

It was nice seeing everyone and I hope to make the next one!