• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Twins! Update

TheBigCountry

Green Weenie
Supporter
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2013
    As some of you may have read, I got the best present ever for Xmas; finding out my wife is pregnant. 2+ years of trying, fertility treatments, enough money, etc it finally happened.

We just had the first sonogram or whatever it is to see the baby for the first time, and immediately the doctor told us they tried to warn us...

We’re having twins!!!! Not one, but two babies. She zoomed in and showed us two VERY strong heartbeats. Tears fell from both of us, as not only had we finally been granted the gift of life, but we’re having two!!!

So if y’all can, just pray for us. I’m on pins and needles until August when they are do. I’m hoping it’s one girl/one boy, but with my luck it will be two girls

Update 8/5/21

Just wanted to post an update. After a long and arduous 37 weeks, we got word today that Monday night we are going to be inducing the birth of the two meatheads. It hasn’t been easy in mom, so hoping the birth goes well.

Hoping they come into the world Tuesday AM at some point, so please send prayers and I’m gladly accepting donations of bourbon and diapers at this point because it’s about to hit the fan.

Last edited:
    Congratulations. When you get around to registering for the shower post a link here. A few of us might chip in and send you a box of wipes. You'll need em. Hey no kidding I am happy for you.

Well we had twins. People told us all the stories about twins. But, when you hav them there yours. Ours were premature, had to be fed every 3 hours. We survived, but sleep was sparse and sex🤣🤣🤣🤣. Good Luck! But ya’ll will make it

Great news . We've never been blessed with twins and have two children .
    No words to describe the profound and wondrous experience . In my prayers .

Reactions: TheBigCountry
    As a twin myself, those two will have a strong bond; congrats!! I’m going to let the wife and my two boys know, we’ll be praying for two healthy little ones; and like Biggie said, the hardest but most rewarding chapter in life!

Congrats man that’s awesome! Glad it finally happened for y’all.

ours are 13 months apart so pretty close together. Get y’all 2 of these. They are a life saver for the first 4-5 months.

Congratulations start stocking up on sleep now
    I actually tell people to start trying to function on as little sleep as possible. Any extra rest you get before the baby is going to be burned through in the first weekend anyway

And also, congratulations op on your coming crotch goblins. I have 2 toddlers, a teenage stepdaughter and my wife and I are going to stop being careful when we do it so I imagine we’ll be getting some news shortly. As frustrating as it is sometimes, I love having little monsters and being a dad

Congrats! Enjoy the next two years, they will be easy in comparison to what comes later. We have two boys, 13 months apart, oldest turned 7 today. Hope and prayers that all goes well! Enjoy the ride!

Screenshot_20190521-171454_Samsung Internet.jpg

My dad's a twin, I have twins, my brother has twins. Biggest thing is you will have almost no sleep. So you'll want to line up some help. Past that, it's a real blessing, they have a built in buddy. Start buying diapers, wipes, formula. You'll get a ton of clothes. We wanted to be surprised. Two girls.
    You're a lucky man.

Congrats! You don’t even know the joy you are in for! I was so excited to have kids and amazingly now that I have two little ones, it is so much better than I ever could have imagined.

As some of you may have read, I got the best present ever for Xmas; finding out my wife is pregnant. 2+ years of trying, fertility treatments, enough money, etc it finally happened.

We just had the first sonogram or whatever it is to see the baby for the first time, and immediately the doctor told us they tried to warn us...

We’re having twins!!!! Not one, but two babies. She zoomed in and showed us two VERY strong heartbeats. Tears fell from both of us, as not only had we finally been granted the gift of life, but we’re having two!!!

So if y’all can, just pray for us. I’m on pins and needles until August when they are do. I’m hoping it’s one girl/one boy, but with my luck it will be two girls

Congrats! Have 15 mo twin boys, sleep was sparse, 20+ shit collectors used per day at the beginning until 6 months.... keep them on the same schedule, its hard but worth it. Take as much time off work as you can and try to enjoy it. First 6 months are a foggy memory now....gets harder when theh are mobile and go in different directions.

Congratulations !! I don't know what all these other people are talking about, No sleep and all that. I am a twin and don't remember any of that. :ROFLMAO:
    Twins defiantly have a special bond. My twin lives in another state and it is eerie that we may not see each other for 6 to 8 months and show up with the exact same shoes and same color shirt on. My Mom said that she didn't know if we were ever going to talk. We would crawl up to each other and jabber away, then go do something together, like we had our own language.

Congratulations you now get to feel what being a virgin is like again.

Good luck to you and the Mrs. Not sure what you guys are doing (breast feeding or formula) and it is none of my business but make bottles for the night in advance if possible. It helps quite a bit when you are feeding your baby every 2-3hrs at first.

Congrats! I have identical twin boys that are 21months old. It was scary at first but man I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Mine were premie also and was nerve wracking at first. We got to come home in a week with no nicu time and they’ve been wide ass open ever since. Idk where they store their energy. As everyone else said start buying diapers and wipes now you can swap them out if their skin doesn’t like it or whatever when the time comes. Sleep? Forget it.

Congratulations!!
    I started with twins, boys. They were born 8 weeks premature. Literally ran out of room in mom. She’s only 5’1”. They’re almost 10 years old now. People who tell you the first year is the toughest are full of shit. It gets real fun once those little shits become mobile 😂 Enjoy every moment, they grow up fast.

As ChadL said above.. be prepared for them to come early. My boys ran out of room 10 weeks early. They're just getting mobile. Fuckers will roll across the room if you look away for a second. 😁

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: ChadL
    Can confirm once they’re mobile it gets wild... mine literally run constantly all day unless they’re asleep. You’ve gotta watch the little shits also, they snuck out the front door the other day and were playing on the swing in the back yard and my wife never heard them go out the door.

• Haha
    Reactions: gunjunkie45
    Well now, how about that?! We mixed formula in the evening in 32oz batches with Nalgene bottles for those every three hour feeding cycles. Just had a flashback to projectile reflux and soooo many burp cloths...good times
    Can you imagine having that bottle maker? I'm about to jump on the wife and have another one just so I can buy and use that thing.

Well now, how about that?! We mixed formula in the evening in 32oz batches with Nalgene bottles for those every three hour feeding cycles. Just had a flashback to projectile reflux and soooo many burp cloths...good times
    Both boys have their own pitcher.

Don't worry about sex of the babies in your prayers just pray for healthy

Congratulations my friend. My twins turned sixteen this year and they are an absolute riot!

The first few years suck. Twice the diaper changes, and twice the midnight feedings.

But at the same time, twice the first steps, twice the first words, and twice the smiles!

And enjoy the shit out of them because I swear to God they grow up twice as fast!

Reactions: Barneybdb
    Congratulations! This is awesome!

Having been in your shoes (almost 3 years to get our Daughter) and hoping for a boy, I would have it no other way. She absolutely melts my heart and has changed my life. We have tried for a 2nd for over 2 years now and have decided to call it done.

Having 2 at the same time (getting everything out of the way all at once) is awesome. Even if they’re both girls, it will be the greatest thing... at least until they go full teenager and hate you, or weddings come.

Congratulations and prays for an uneventful pregnancy and healthy babies. I did three over 12 years. Can't imagine two at once.

Congratulations!!
    Get ready for a love like you’ve never felt before. The love you feel for your wife? Pffft. That ain’t nothin. The love you’ll feel for these kids will be exponentially stronger. It’s truly amazing.

Ok, here’s the best advice I can give you, and make sure you write it down...you can thank me later...two drops of Mylicon in every bottle. Seriously! The babies, the wife, and you will me much happier.

Oh, and get a wipe warmer.

Oh, and DON’T get one of those Diaper Genies. Those things have a tremendously nauseating smell...much worse than the diapers themselves. They’re just disgusting.

Don’t forget the Mylicon, seriously.

Congratulations Ajv35XX.

Congratulations! Have fun with that shit haha. I’m a twin dad, it was rough for a while but get them on a schedule.

Congratulations hit me up in about a year, I'll trade you some diapers for ammo:p. But seriously prayers for you and your family.

I forgot to mention earlier in my post, and @BigKev72 reminded me of it, get them on a schedule. One of the benefits of my boys being in the nicu is they were on a schedule when they came home.
    Also, when you get up in the middle of the night to feed one because he/she is crying, wake the other and feed them.

Congratulations! May they be healthy and strong, and your wife, as well. Will pray as requested.

Congrats to you and yours!

Try your best to not let the stress get in the way of fond memories. (I know, easier said than...)

Plus less stress on momma. Stress is contagious! Be the calming factor :)

Will keep yall in my thoughts and please update from time to time.

Thank you for all the well wishes, advice, prayers, etc everyone.

We had our 8.5 week-ish appt today, and the two gummy bears (that’s what they looked like/Doc called them) are doing amazing! Both heartbeats are in the 165-170 range, and everything looks perfect.

The honey-do list is off the charts getting stuff ready. But I’m gonna get it done to keep everything easy on Momma on the home front.

Congrats!

The nesting phase hasn't even begun yet. :) Just be supportive, which is sounds like you are in abundance. With all the hormonal changes she is going to be encountering there will be times you just need to do as she asks. Regardless of how irrational it is. Or how silly it seems to you. If you must sigh and or roll your eyes be sure to do out of ear shot and or direct line of sight. You can thank me later ;)

Update. So things are...well could be better. Wife has placenta previa, marginal cord growth, and now was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. The babies do look really healthy though, so that’s the glimmer of hope in all the other crap.

I was able to find out both sexes, which is yet to be made public until our reveal.

I’m very worried to say the least as this looks like it’s going to be a rollercoaster ride from hell until they, more then likely, induce at the 37th week. Doctor is already saying it’s going to be a cesarean section birth. I’m on pins and needles here, and won’t be surprised if she gets put on bed rest at some point.

Reactions: LeftyJason
    Update. So things are...well could be better. Wife has placenta previa, marginal cord growth, and now was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. The babies do look really healthy though, so that’s the glimmer of hope in all the other crap.

I was able to find out both sexes, which is yet to be made public until our reveal.

I’m very worried to say the least as this looks like it’s going to be a rollercoaster ride from hell until they, more then likely, induce at the 37th week. Doctor is already saying it’s going to be a cesarean section birth. I’m on pins and needles here, and won’t be surprised if she gets put on bed rest at some point.
    Prayers for you and your family.

Your sleep pattern may change for ever. I have not been able to sleep past 730ish since my son was born. That was 19 years ago. I used to sleep to noon on the weekends if nothing was doing. Not since!