• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Twist rate on a Remmy 700 VS in .223???

Jasongar8

Private
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2009
Nashville, Tennessee
Heys guys this is my first post, I used the search but couldnt find any info. Does any one know what the twist rate is on a Remington 700 VS in .223? They quite making this rifle and i cant find any any on what twist the barrel is. Someone told me that it in 1 in 12, but i didnt think that could be right. Any help would be great, thanks.
-Jason G

Re: Twist rate on a Remmy 700 VS in .223???

All the SF means is stainless fluted bbl. Just a newer version.

Probably a 1 in 12 twist unless its had a tube put on it. I have one and was wondering and e-mailed remington and they said it was 1 in 12 and would stabilize any .224 cal bullet which is complete bull. As far as hunting bullets go mine shoots gamekings the best. I havent dove into the match bullet arena as of yet tho. btw I'm pretty sure some of the newer 700's have 1-9in twist barrels.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jasongar8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is the new one. The one i ma talking about is the one that looks like a 700 police, i think is just the VS, not the VS SF II. It looks like this one on gunbroker, the rifle on GB is not mine im just linking for the pics. Thanks,

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=122959499

Jason G </div></div>

If you have access to the rifle, why don't you just take a minute and measure the twist rate. But chances are very high that it's a 1:12 twist. Faster twist in .223 is relatively new, especially in bolt rifles.