• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Twisted action? Rebarrel

Joko111

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2021
Maryland
Just replaced the barrel on my proof research rifle this evening, it was incredibly difficult to remove the barrel, took a 2 foot cheater bar to remove it… this rifle is using the origin action, do I need to worry about anything at this point? The new barrel went on very easy… what things can you mess up during this process ?

If you think that was hard, try removing a factory-installed Tikka barrel. It takes a 20-foot lever welded to the barrel, attached by chain, to a team of elephants, chasing a dump-truck full of peanuts. And even then, you've only got a 30% chance of success.

If you think that was hard, try removing a factory-installed Tikka barrel. It takes a 20-foot lever welded to the barrel, attached by chain, to a team of elephants, chasing a dump-truck full of peanuts. And even then, you've only got a 30% chance of success.
Lol yeah I’ve heard they are crazy hard to remove… hopefully mine is fine

Reactions: rustyinbend
Just replaced the barrel on my proof research rifle this evening, it was incredibly difficult to remove the barrel, took a 2 foot cheater bar to remove it… this rifle is using the origin action, do I need to worry about anything at this point? The new barrel went on very easy… what things can you mess up during this process ?
I assume you mean it took that to break it loose? Once you break em loose they typically aren't that hard to remove. If they put some lock tight or something on it then it can be hard to turn the whole way but as long as the new barrel went in smooth then I'm sure it's fine.

Reactions: Joko111
I assume you mean it took that to break it loose? Once you break em loose they typically aren't that hard to remove. If they put some lock tight or something on it then it can be hard to turn the whole way but as long as the new barrel went in smooth then I'm sure it's fine.
Yup just to break it loose

If you think you damaged your action I’m sure you could send it to ray at zermatt and he’d look it over

Reactions: Joko111