• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Two Loads Same Zero

DamnYuppie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2011
Idaho
I recall awhile ago someone asking about this. At the time I didn't really pay any attention to it but as I recall people said don't waste your time trying to do it, just loaded up the most accurate loads you can and let the chips fall where they may.

I took that advice to heart, yet lo and behold my most accurate loads have the same zero. So I thought I would share them because...well....it is pretty f'ing cool!

This is out of a 26" barrel with an 11" twist.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">Load 1</span></span>
<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]Sierra 175 SMK, jumped .020"[*]43.8 of Varget[*]Federal Primers[*]Winchester Black Hills Match Brass[*]OAL to ogive 2.278[*]2660 ft/sec[/list]
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">Load 2</span></span>
<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]Lapua 155 Scenar, jumped .020"[*]46.6 of Varget[*]Federal Primers[*]Winchester Black Hills Match Brass[*]OAL to ogive 2.278[*]2900 ft/sec[/list]

Re: Two Loads Same Zero

Nice, My rifle does the same thing with the 175 SMK and the 178 BTHP over the same amount of powder. It is always good to know that you are not dependent upon one specific bullet to get the job done.

Make sure that you check your long range dope to see if it is going to change also... My 178 drops about the same as the 175, but has less windage adjustment due to better BC!

Good Luck!

Re: Two Loads Same Zero

My dope is completely different between the two bullets. The 155's take WAY less from 200 yards on out. I am almost 1 mil less at 500 yards, can't wait to see what it is like out to 800!