• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Two new Long-slide handguns. Walther PPQ M2 5''/ FNH FNS 9 Competition.

Vitorum

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2010
TN
Hey guys what's up. I searched around on here for both of these and didn't see any posts about them. I've seen a few videos on youtube from shotshow 2013 of the FNS 9 Competition but I've only seen pictures of the Walther ppq m2 5". I'm a huge fan of long-slide pistols. Both for there function in the competitive part of shooting and they just look sexy to me. I've owned a S&W M&P 40 pro and a Springfield XDM 40 5.25 and have had great experiences with both. I would love to get my hands on both of these guns. Especially the FNS.

FNH FNS 9 Competition
http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2012/06/08/9588131/12_FNS_9_SS_Long Slide_ copy1.jpg

I've held a full size FNS 9 and it felt amazing in my hand. I loved the textured grip. I have a glock 23 gen 4 which I love to death but I have to say the amount of grip I felt on the FNS was fantastic. Also the ambidextrous features are quite nice for those who are indeed ambi, lefty, or like me just like to have more. One thing I don't like about it though is the manual safety. Now to each his own but I don't like them. My finger is my safety (Just my opinion). And especially for a competition model it's no necessary if you ask me. So far it only comes in 9mm but I have no doubt it will come in .40 cal as well. Now this pistol is still considered a prototype to my understanding so lets hope they change that. It also comes with competition sights and FNH has stated that they have tried hard to make the trigger on the FNS 9 competition as close to the 1911 triggers as possible which is pretty impressive if they can pull it off.

Wather PPQ M2 5"
http://www.waltherarms.com/resources/images/products/handguns/ppqm2/large/2796091-l.png

Now as far as the Walther ppq m2 5" goes. I've watch a couple reviews on the standard ppq m2 and from what I hear the triggers on those are amazing as well. One thing I know I will really like about the M2 is that they changed the mag release location so that it's in the traditional location for most polymer striker fired pistols instead of on the trigger guard which I thought felt very awkward to me. Also no manual safety which is fantastic. similar to the FNS 9 Competition the Walther ppq m2 5'' has an ambi slide release lever but does not have have an ambi mag release. But it can quickly get setup for a lefty. It is also available in 9mm and .40 cal. The design in my opinion is so sweet as well. I'm loving the cuts at the from top of the slide. Very nice.

Last edited:
Aside from your enthusiasm for the long-slide format in semiautomatic pistols, I'm not entirely sure that the PPQ is quite an improvement on the P99, save the ambidextrous slide stop. If anything, they seem to have tried to abandon the features that made the AS variant such a unique offering, in favor of making themselves a clone in some respects of the Glock. If you have the time and the ability in your travels, try the Gen III P99 out — the choice of essentially three trigger modes, with a decocker, and an incredibly short reset are a hard set of features to beat.

Aside from your enthusiasm for the long-slide format in semiautomatic pistols, I'm not entirely sure that the PPQ is quite an improvement on the P99, save the ambidextrous slide stop. If anything, they seem to have tried to abandon the features that made the AS variant such a unique offering, in favor of making themselves a clone in some respects of the Glock. If you have the time and the ability in your travels, try the Gen III P99 out — the choice of essentially three trigger modes, with a decocker, and an incredibly short reset are a hard set of features to beat.

Ya I've never shot one of the p99s before. But that's pretty sweet!

But when it comes to a competition style pistol I'm honestly don't really have a need for all of the AS, DA, and SA settings that the p99 has to offer.