• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Two questions on the Forster Co-Ax.

MrOneEyedBoh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2011
Maryland, USA!
I have a co-ax and when I FL resize when the sizing motion gets towards the bottom I feel a "hump " as the action ends. Its hard to explain, but when Im at the bottom/completed the resizing, I feel like a bump, or like something rolled over a detent ( though there isnt one.... ) What Im wondering is, could there be something possibly too tight?

And whats the best way to mount these? Im going to be mounting it to a 2" oak butcher's block kind of table top. Is plate needed on top and the bottom?

Re: Two questions on the Forster Co-Ax.

That snap you are feeling is the press camming over. A light cam-over is not bad, and is an indication that your die is screwed far enough that the shell plate is making contact with the die body. Excessive cam-over can be bad, if you are hearing a hard snap/clicking noise when performing sizing operations you might want to back your die out a 1/8th to 1/4th turns, or possibly polish your shell plate. Unless you need the extra revolution, this situation should be avoided.

Okay yeah it feels like light cam over like you said. And I actually would like to mount it. Maybe I can get a plate and mount the plate but drill and tap for each piece of reloading equipment that I would use. The table top was free, one is well used and one is damn near new..

Great press and use it for all my precision reloading. When setting up my dies I progressively lower the die to obtain the proper headspace and for nearly all calibers the die never contacts the contacts the press. You may want to check with a comparator to make sure you are not oversizing your brass.

The press is camming over. Light pressure is fine but if te handle gets hard to push down then you need to back the die out a little.

Thanks fellas. Has anyone found a cover for the press? Im surprised it didnt come with one... This is my first press, so I dont know if they do or dont come with one. But For the money maybe they can include a $10 cover haha. None the less I'll be buying one anyway.

Forster makes one. It is available from them, Midway, Brownells among others. Price ~$13.50

Ohok I see it now, at Brownells it was located under the press. Not as a separate searchable picture/option.

If something is on backorder, do they ship it all in one package? Or do I have to pay multiple shipping charges like Midway?

From Brownell's site: Do I pay additional shipping for back orders?
Back orders are shipped pre-paid on all domestic orders if you have paid for shipping on your original order. If the only item you ordered is on back order, shipping will be billed at the time the backorder is shipped. Items with fixed shipping rates will be charged at time of shipment.
return to FAQ page

So Im guessing its flat rate, once I place an order and say 5 out of 10 items are in stock, then the rest will ship w.o more shipping charged? Thats what Im getting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrOneEyedBoh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So Im guessing its flat rate, once I place an order and say 5 out of 10 items are in stock, then the rest will ship w.o more shipping charged? Thats what Im getting. </div></div>

Correct, Brownell's won't charge for the subsequent shipments.