• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Two stage for mausingfield

hunter223

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2007
Odessa Tx
built my mausingfield on my lathe this weekend and it flat ass shoots but when I attempted to run my timney two stage 532ce , it won't let the firing pin fall. Ted said he didn't know what two stage would work and didn't have a suggestion on a trigger so I'm looking for one here. Thanks!

Huber works perfect on mine. One reason your Timney might not work is that you might have inadvertently pinched the side plates when you installed the pins that mount the trigger to the action. If there was any more than light tapping involved you might want to pull the trigger and gently spread those side plates and reinstall it.

Reactions: LRI
I think I'm going to go to the Tubbs T7 for mine. Hopefully someone will chime in that it works.

The sides of the timney weren't pinched at all, any other suggestions as to what the issue might be?

Make sure your chassis is not pinching the safety. The Timney 2 stage has a different lever that pivots very low on the trigger. The two I have required me to clearance the trigger guard.

Other than that, check and make sure you have enough over travel to clear the sear falling away.