• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Two stage trigger for Sako quad?

JustBC

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Northern California
Can anyone point me to a good two stage trigger that will work in a Quad Range? I was hoping to use a TRG trigger but there is no way it will fit. There is a KRG trigger that may work, depending on bottom metal. Has anyone installed it? If so, what did you have to do to get it to fit? I have looked at the Timney but I am hoping for other options.
Thanks.

Can anyone point me to a good two stage trigger that will work in a Quad Range? I was hoping to use a TRG trigger but there is no way it will fit. There is a KRG trigger that may work, depending on bottom metal. Has anyone installed it? If so, what did you have to do to get it to fit? I have looked at the Timney but I am hoping for other options.
Thanks.
TRG trigger will not fit? I am guessing the stock needs to be modified?

Nonetheless, KRG trigger sounds good also.

I have run a Barnard T-3, which is finicky, hard to adjust, and has no safety. Also has openings on all four sides (fore, aft, top, bottom), which makes it a dirt and dust trap. I liked it but it was too delicate for field shooting.

So now I run a Timney Tikka T3 2-stage in my Quad. Works like a champ. Got the total pull weight to 1# or so.

No intel on the KRG, which I believe will fit the Quad, except for their website which sates that you shouldn't adjust the pull weight below 2# or so, which was a deal breaker for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: JustBC

Reactions: JustBC
Edit, didn't read closely enough. This is exactly my use case, I have TRGs and want a .22 trainer with the same trigger. So you made the trigger guard. Did you have to do anything with the bottom metal to get it to seat right? I have a spare TRG trigger guard I can use if necessary. Did you do all the work yourself? If so, what is your level of machining experience? Could a "civilian" do this? ;)

Last edited:
Trg trigger guard is attached to the trigger with pins. Slightly punch them out and remove the trigger guard. Install trg trigger to the quad receiver without any modifications. Try and adjust pull weight. It should go way below 1 lb safely. I made my trigger guard from aluminum on my hobby mill. It was a lot of labor, but it worths for me. My experience is with Sako p94s Finnfire. Quad and p94s receivers are different only in their length, I think. There should be no problem. I also have a quad range and thinking of installing a trg/krg trigger on it also. But since I prefer shooting the p94s, I’m still holding on this project. Trg trigger has longer trigger shoe and travel and that requires larger trigger guard. If you have a hobby mill, time and a lot of patience, yes it’s a civilian job. The other option is BnA trigger.

Well, that isn't going to work out without a fair bit of machining. The stock needs to be milled out to accept the trigger guard and one of the action screws would be covered. I am going to try the KRG midas. I am waiting to hear back on one last dimension before I buy it.

Thanks for the tips. I ended up fitting a KRG Midas trigger. I had to do a bit of milling on the bottom metal. The trigger shoe was a bit too wide. I have the DIP aluminum bottom metal, not the stock plastic crap, so I could actually mill it. The trigger is adjusted around 3.1 lbs. I should be able to shoot it this weekend. @Atanasius your Finnfire is sweet, beats the Quad imho.

You should be able to adjust the trigger way below 3 lb because quad firing spring is “weaker” than a center firing springs.
Have a lot of fun and good shooting!