• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Two-tone rifle schemes

The D

We’re not supposed to be nice!
Minuteman
  • Apr 11, 2020
    I’ve had a loose plan to duracote my action to match a coyote tan stock for a while now but I stumbled on a smokin deal on a Strike Nuke Evo(shoutout to @Mtbcrazy13tj ). It’s not tan though, the color they call it is stealth shadow vortex but that translates from Canadian to American as…brown. I’m not too hot on the idea of a completely brown rifle but was intrigued by the idea of a coyote tan action/barrel and the dark brown of the stock. What sayeth the hide? Anyone done something close to this? Or have an opinion on what they think it’ll look like?

Never done that color combo, but I have one that is Kryptek Highlander on the chassis with a FDE barrel and action and patriot brown bolt, bolt handle scope mount and rings. Scope is factory FDE as well. I think it looks pretty swift myself. I also have one that is black with a battleship gray barrel and bolt. Again, I like it.

Reactions: The D
    Not exactly the same but the brown/tan color scheme does work.

50401BFB-4B11-44D0-99B7-B07EF27377D1.jpeg

Last edited:
    Not sure I want to go to the trouble of hydro dipping. I’ll at least start with basic solid colors

Reactions: TurboTrout
    Some colors are hard to compliment with another color. Black is your friend

Reactions: mewillis
    Not sure I want to go to the trouble of hydro dipping. I’ll at least start with basic solid colors

I just sent my stuff in, wasn’t a firearm, but some work equipment I wanted pimped out a little, good rates.

I think some brown on this almost all fde would be nice View attachment 7829111
    Maybe grip and buttstock.

I’ve thought about a two-tone a little before I got my Cadex and thought it would look best if the darker color was on bottom. Like the brown/tan combo I’m asking about or a Sako green bravo and a sage green action/barrel. The opposite might look good if I could actually see it but in my mind it looks goofy for some reason

Reactions: roostercogburn98
    I'm all in on contrasting colors, especially if you are just personalizing a pistol/rifle. .Mil aside most people do their hunting scheme etc. but tan/black, OD/black, I even warmed up to the multi tans ie; SCAR, HK, Geissele it just looks good. So many choices it's ridiculous. I just bought an OD/DD combo Super Duty, weird but somehow I like it, ymmv..........
    super duty.jpg

I'm all in on contrasting colors, especially if you are just personalizing a pistol/rifle. .Mil aside most people do their hunting scheme etc. but tan/black, OD/black, I even warmed up to the multi tans ie; SCAR, HK, Geissele it just looks good. So many choices it's ridiculous. I just bought an OD/DD combo Super Duty, weird but somehow I like it, ymmv..........View attachment 7829138
    Just my opinion, but that’s too busy for me. If you like it though, it’s your rifle

• Love
    Reactions: mewillis
    In all honesty I thought that when I first saw the combo, and bought an OD grip and buttstock just in case, but I warmed up to it.........
    colors are surely personal love/hate especially cammo but as you said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I’ve thought about a two-tone a little before I got my Cadex and thought it would look best if the darker color was on bottom. Like the brown/tan combo I’m asking about or a Sako green bravo and a sage green action/barrel. The opposite might look good if I could actually see it but in my mind it looks goofy for some reason
    so for the sake of green/brown maybe. It looks good on my CZ O/U. Might be another two tone to think about
    A8A5B618-A053-4E9A-B3F0-E4B15D33E442.jpeg

Ooh, that does look good.

It struck me the minute I saw one. Don’t see it every day, and still looks good together