• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Two very different hunting rifles

evilsvt

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2005
college station, TX
I’ve been wanting a light weight magnum for a while and I have a hunt coming up so I figured why not put together a new rifle. This is the first real “hunting trip” I’ve had time to go on in over 10 years so I said screw it and built a second rifle.

Huge thanks to Crown Ridge Barrel works for knocking out the barrels fast as hell and Jon Beanland for helping out by getting these two bedded in 24hrs.

42FDC50A-ED4F-4EB9-AA5D-D1185F89481C.jpeg

300PRC
ARC Archimedes
Bartlein 24” 1:9 M40 CF
Manners LRH
Hawkins Hunter DBM
TT diamond 2 stage
Razor AMG
AB raptor 10

3C0FB3E2-033A-421B-AA44-1A663D122BC6.jpeg

6PRC
Big Horn Origin SA
Bartlein 22” 1:8
Manners EH1
Hawkins Hunter DBM
TT diamond 2 stage
Leupold MK5 3.6-18
AB raptor 8

Naw, can't fool anybody. They are the same rifle and you just did some photo shopping. HaHa

• Haha
Reactions: FN15
Holy hell! Did you say 6PRC? What are you planning on hunting with that one?

They are both beautiful rifles by the way.

Naw, can't fool anybody. They are the same rifle and you just did some photo shopping. HaHa
Wish I was that good
How do you like the Hunter DBM?
Fit and finish is great, the mag on the 300 is a little difficult to release, but it’s a hunting gun so I wanted something where I didn’t dump a bag on accident.
Holy hell! Did you say 6PRC? What are you planning on hunting with that one?

They are both beautiful rifles by the way.
This one is going to be shooting the 108 elite hunters and It’ll be used for Axis on this hunt. The 300 is just to see how far we can shoot a pig.

Reactions: nikonNUT and Mr. Z
I hope they shoot as good for you ,as my friends Jon Beanland built rifle. That rifle is amazingly accurate .

Reactions: SpringThom
The 300 weighs in at 11.6lbs and I didn’t get a chance to weigh the 6PRC.

Got to shoot them today and the 300 shot factory 225 ELDM under 3/4 MOA at 2800fps and I threw a quick load together for the 6 and it shot right at 3/4 MOA at 3100 with 108 Elite hunters.

Wind was gusting up to 30 at times and it was getting cold in the shop.

Resurrecting this post due to using the Search feature. Have you used the AB suppressors much yet? I’ve been eyeing them… wish I knew what suppression was like with the different configurations though. Kinda debating on the 6 or 8 spiral to keep it small/lightweight.

I have a 6, two 8s and one 10 in .338 and one 10 in .30.

Ive had them on everything from 6ARC to .300PRC. What were you going to put it on?

I have a 6, two 8s and one 10 in .338 and one 10 in .30.

Ive had them on everything from 6ARC to .300PRC. What were you going to put it on?
Mainly hunting rifles. So 280ai, 308, and 22-250. How big of a difference is there between the 6 and 8 in sound reduction? Those are the two I’m debating on

It’s noticeable. Shot a 6,8, and 10 on a 22” 300PRC in an indoor range, the 8 and 10 were good to go, the 6 was not.

There is one video out there saying they couldn’t tell a different with or without the reflex, but I can definitely tell a difference in tone on my 18” 6.5x47 without the reflex.

I’d defiantly go with the 8, I picked up a second one since I wanted to use it more than my 6.

It’s noticeable. Shot a 6,8, and 10 on a 22” 300PRC in an indoor range, the 8 and 10 were good to go, the 6 was not.

There is one video out there saying they couldn’t tell a different with or without the reflex, but I can definitely tell a difference in tone on my 18” 6.5x47 without the reflex.

I’d defiantly go with the 8, I picked up a second one since I wanted to use it more than my 6.
That’s what I was leaning towards. Appreciate the info

Reactions: evilsvt