• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Two Vets Recon 2 tripod - thoughts on which ball head

CBMAX1

Private
Minuteman
May 12, 2020
Illinois
Hi,

Does anyone here have any first hand experience with the above captioned tripod. Can you tell me the specs on the type of ball head that would fit. Since RRS Anvil 30 ARC’s are nowhere to be found, I was thinking the SunwayFoto XB-52DL 52mm low profile ball head with Duo-Lever Clamp might be a good option.

Does anyone know if this would work? Are there better options as far as ball heads go?

Thanks

I would buy the RRS Anvil 30 if you could actually find one for sale. This is the ball head I was talking about. It is not exactly what I'd call cheap.

DSCN2257__54943.1620744793.jpg

I would buy the RRS Anvil 30 if you could actually find one for sale. This is the ball head I was talking about. It is not exactly what I'd call cheap.

DSCN2257__54943.1620744793.jpg
Yep, RRS just confirmed for me 12-16 wk lead time on Anvil-30 at the present. WTF?

They can't get stuff because the same exact factory is busy making the copies. :D

One made in China vs the other made in China? Made in the same factory, or in an identical factory just up the road that they built at the same time as the first. Yes I'm aware that things get built to different specs, that's why we have the washout effect on about everything we buy now. A cop of a copy of a copy times ten. But in this case we're talking first and second gen.

I get torn on this type stuff. Yes part of me says support the original people. The other part says too bad, you got what you deserved taking your business to them. Did you really think they wouldn't steal your design and sell knock offs? Lie down with dogs and all..

That's not to say they wouldn't have made a copy of it, no matter where in the world the original was made.

Last edited:
Considering literally nothing on their website is on stock and 12+ week lead times, do foster such thoughts.
if i could have 12 week lead times for the stuff in my industry fabricated in the USA i'd be damn happy

your logic is flawed

@Mr.BR
I understand your frustration as a lot of our major products are out of stock.

None of the RRS metal or polymer products are designed, machined, coated, lased, or assembled in China.

Most of the 2100 parts we make for SOAR, photography, and cinematography and distribute across 108 countries are made in Lehi, Utah.

im sure it's the same quality...

buy the real thing and dont be a cheap fuck supporting copy cats who cant design shit
Well if I can get a tripod and head to do the same thing for a third of the price that’s what I’m going to do. It’s my money I’ll spend the rest on beer

Does manfrotto make a compatible ball head product?

They are considered some of the better photography gear of the stuff Ive worked with in that world.

Thanks for all of the comments, although I didn't really get an answer to my original question. I am still trying to figure what the specs would be on a ball head that will fit the Two Vets Recon 2 tripod other than the one advertised on their website.

I have the Two Vets recon with

Leofoto YB-75LC 75 MM Tripod Leveling Head W Hook W/ BA75 Bowl.​

It’s stable, no complaints. Unless your shooting in mountainous terrain.

I bought an anvil 30 i use it shooting matches and coyote hunting, I have never once regretted spending the extra money thing is bad ass. I’ve converted some buddies too.

Reactions: YotaEer and 260284
No one came in here bashing RRS, I do believe SOME people are saying they would rather, buy what they can get their hands on. You can’t even back order good shit anymore, theres no point in hobb gobbleing and pushing products if they are not available.

In the same boat… just ordered the same tripod and want an anvil 30. If and when they come back in stock, would one with no adapter work with the 2 Vets Recon V2?

In the same boat… just ordered the same tripod and want an anvil 30. If and when they come back in stock, would one with no adapter work with the 2 Vets Recon V2?
From 2 Vets site. I have this bowl on a No Name with an Anvil-30. See last note at the bottom of the screen shot wrt to V2's.

I would just give 2 Vets a call and ask how to mount an Anvil-30 on a V2 Recon. I called them once to verify that, with their conversion bowl with No Name and Anvil, than I would only need the no adapter version of the Anvil and they were quite responsive.

1645805896446.png

Reactions: R-B
Contacted 2 vets and got a super quick response. No adapter needed for the Recon V2👍

Reactions: Baron23