• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TW's R700 .308 build!

Twnorton

Private
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2014
Hey guys just bought a rem 700 varmint in .308.
Was really looking for a tactical but settled for the varmint bc of the deal I got on the gun. Currently it has a barska 4-12x scope on it which will be coming off for a swfa SS scope. I already bought a harris 6-9 bipod for it so that will be going on it as well. I believe there is some trigger work done to it as well bc the pull is real light. Future plans are a new stock after awhile to solve some grouping issues the stock stocks are known to have. One question , I bought the gun with a two piece scope rail, should I switch it out for a one piece weaver base that I have?
Looking forward to learning as much as I can from you guys.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Well went a little overboard the last couple days. Ordered a swfa SS 12x scope, swfa rings, weaver 20moa extended rail. Harris Brm bipod, krg bolt knob and a bell and Carlson m40 stock in black all should be coming within the next week. Looking forward to finally shooting this gun as I haven't shot it yet!

From one R700 .308 Varmint owner to another, if you are going to spend money, FIRST spend money on a chassis ! That SPS flexi-boing composite stock is a throwaway item period. Here's a pic of mine, simple meat-n-potatoes shooter ! The only new component i've upgraded to is an Atlas bipod. The Harris type units kept coming loose because of the B&C flat bottom style forend.

From one R700 .308 Varmint owner to another, if you are going to spend money, FIRST spend money on a chassis ! That SPS flexi-boing composite stock is a throwaway item period. Here's a pic of mine, simple meat-n-potatoes shooter ! The only new component i've upgraded to is an Atlas bipod. The Harris type units kept coming loose because of the B&C flat bottom style forend.

Ordered a bell and Carlson M40 stock this morning, nice looking rig

Well the 12x scope is on back order till 8/22... Not happy

All the parts are here and the gun is put together. Will update Wednesday after I finally get to go to the range and shoot! Hoping for 1 moa