• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TX Chili recipe

BigTex

Dr. Dickweed
Minuteman
  • Jul 14, 2013
    This is my TX chili recipe. I've had several PMs for it so I'm just going to post it for you degenerates. No beans and no tomatoes just like Sam Houston intended.

Ingredients
    9-10 dried Chiles
    I like Ancho, Pasilla, and New Mexico
    2-3lb chili meat
    2 tbsp cumin
    2 tablespoons bacon grease (or cooking oil for you city folk)
    3 jalapenos
    3 serranos
    1 white onion
    4-5 cloves garlic chopped
    2 cups beef stock
    1 cup strong coffee
    2 tablespoons masa to thicken
    1 Canned chipotle in Adoboe sauce
    1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder

-make chili paste
    toast the dried peppers in a dry skillet.
    Remove the stems and seeds.
    Soak the peppers in hot water for 15-20 min
    Add them and the chipotle/adoboe to a food processor with 1/2 cup of the water and a little salt. chop until smooth.
    (you can make this ahead, it freezes well)

-Coat the chili meat with salt pepper and cumin

-Heat 1 tablespoon grease in a pot and add the seasoned meat. Brown the meat then remove and set aside.

-Add another tbsp grease along with the jalapenos, serranos and onion. Cook them down until translucent, then add garlic.

-Now add the meat back and add the chili paste and let it cook like that for a few minutes.

-Stir in the beef stock, coffee, cocoa, and masa and bring to a boil.

-Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 2 hoursGive it a stir once every 30 minutes or so. If it becomes too thick, add some water and stir. Thicken with more masa if needed.

20220106_134908.jpg

I like it with a cast iron skillet fried cornbread.

20220106_171753.jpg

Last edited:
    My wife who makes a Mean Chili says this sounds more like a Mole' recipe than Chili. I like your posting and might give it a try.

My wife who makes a Mean Chili says this sounds more like a Mole' recipe than Chili. I like your posting and might give it a try.
    I can assure you that it is not. Don't let the miniscule amount of cocoa mislead ya. I do like a good molé aswell.

Reactions: Jerry V
    PSA

A note for you fellas that drink girly coffee.
    Strong means AT LEAST 2 tablespoons of grounds per 8oz of water. Mo is betta.

Use a pour over or a Bunn machine.

(Don't add your usual 3 spoonfuls of sugar and cinnamon/nutmeg creamer) Ewwwww.

Coffee is black.

Making it in a French press adds bonus points and will get you laid.

This is my TX chili recipe. I've had several PMs for it so I'm just going to post it for you degenerates. No beans and no tomatoes just like Sam Houston intended.

Ingredients
    9-10 dried Chiles
    I like Ancho, Pasilla, and New Mexico
    2-3lb chili meat
    2 tbsp cumin
    2 tablespoons bacon grease (or cooking oil for you city folk)
    3 jalapenos
    3 serranos
    1 white onion
    4-5 cloves garlic chopped
    2 cups beef stock
    1 cup strong coffee
    2 tablespoons masa to thicken
    1 Canned chipotle in Adoboe sauce
    1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder

-make chili paste
    toast the dried peppers in a dry skillet.
    Remove the stems and seeds.
    Soak the peppers in hot water for 15-20 min
    Add them and the chipotle/adoboe to a food processor with 1/2 cup of the water and a little salt. chop until smooth.
    (you can make this ahead, it freezes well)

-Coat the chili meat with salt pepper and cumin

-Heat 1 tablespoon grease in a pot and add the seasoned meat. Brown the meat then remove and set aside.

-Add another tbsp grease along with the jalapenos, serranos and onion. Cook them down until translucent, then add garlic.

-Now add the meat back and add the chili paste and let it cook like that for a few minutes.

-Stir in the beef stock, coffee, cocoa, and masa and bring to a boil.

-Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 2 hoursGive it a stir once every 30 minutes or so. If it becomes too thick, add some water and stir. Thicken with more masa if needed.

View attachment 7800736

I like it with a cast iron skillet fried cornbread.

View attachment 7800738

Meh, don't get the fascination with chili...it's ok I guess but ain't nothing special.

I use dark red kidney beans, black beans and chili flavored pinto beans in my Flo-rida chili.

And beef and breakfast sausage.
    I serve it with jalapeno and cheese cornbread, or flour tortillas, or Fritos. Whatever the eater wants.

Is it sacrilege to add pasta and cheese for a batch of chili-mac?
    The kids asked for it on Tuesday, so we obliged.

I use dark red kidney beans, black beans and chili flavored pinto beans in my Flo-rida chili.

And beef and breakfast sausage.
    I serve it with jalapeno and cheese cornbread, or flour tortillas, or Fritos. Whatever the eater wants.

Is it sacrilege to add pasta and cheese for a batch of chili-mac?
    The kids asked for it on Tuesday, so we obliged.
    Left over chili on some eggs with tortillas 🤤

One time I was making cheater chili and grabbed the chili powder and started adding it only to realize it was cinnamon....

In my past I may have popped the top off of many a Wolf can and ate with Freetos as spoons. Its really gone downhill lately though - much less meat. It was a meal, but it never was chili.

Must be fascinating enough to warrant a response. 🤣

I'd be salty too if all I'd ever had was Wolf or Hormel from a can.

Maybe it reminds me of when I was like 10yo and being told to clean the shed after our lab got into a few chocolate bars. Scars a child.

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: BigTex