• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Typical outlaw match distances ???

ERL

Private
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2021
South Carolina
What do you typically see ? How often will I see targets closer then 50 yards ?? Are there more close range targets in NRL then Outlaw rimfire PRS type matches ??

Just trying to decide minimum parallax really. I have read 25 is good but not sure if that’s for a specific version of long range rimfire or most outlaw matches in general.

Thanks

Guess it mostly depends on what you're interested in shooting and what's in your area. In NRL22, which is mostly limited to 100 yd, you will see a lot of targets inside of 50 yd.
NRL22X, PRS and a lot of the outlaw rim fire matches go out a lot further than a 100 yds, that's typically what those shooters are after, every now and then something is in close. You can see all the past and present NRL22 courses of fire on their downloads website.

Reactions: ERL
Ive seen targets from 17yds to 508yds. It all depends on the match director and facility for outlaw matches.

Are you trying to pick a scope based on parallax range or your ballistic curve?
I set my close zero to the minimum on my parallax, however all my friends just use 50yds due to the limited shift at 25yds (which may be the closest we’ve shot steel.) Also remember, if you dryfire around the house, a 10yd or closer parallax allows a clearer target for practice.