• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Typical wait for a suppessor ordered from a dealer

Deisel

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2007
Loveland, CO
www.colorproprint.com
I ordered 3 Thunderbeast suppressors from a dealer here in Colorado Dec 1. The dealer says he still has not received them and he won't give me the item number so I can't track them on Thunderbeast's website. Is this typical behavior from a dealer? Should it take 4 months and counting to get suppressors from a dealer? They did have to order them from Thunderbeast. I am just curious if this is normal or if I should cancel my order and try another dealer.

Deisel,

Good to talk to you again today, glad your business is doing well. As you know Ray and I have a very keen interest in your situation and we'll do what we can to make it right if the dealer drops the ball on your order. We have a call into their NFA guy right now to see if we can get a definitive answer and pass it on.

For the benefit of everyone:

Most manufacturers have a backlog, us included. We try really hard to keep our backlog as short as possible but new cans ordered today are behind 8-12 weeks of other orders, depending on model and production schedule. And Form 3 delays are not getting shorter right now. The running average we keep shows it's close to 50 days again. It's easy to see how the delays add up. The way our process works with the item numbers is that the dealer has them as soon as he gets sent the invoice when he places the order.

My local SOT is seeing the Form 3 processing taking two months, plus in my area Form 4 transfers are running six to eight months. Add that to production delays and you could be waiting around a year for a can.

My local SOT is seeing the Form 3 processing taking two months, plus in my area Form 4 transfers are running six to eight months. Add that to production delays and you could be waiting around a year for a can.

I'm seeing my Form 3's in about 6-8 weeks. Form 4's are running about 7-8 months even with a trust so that is about right.