• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Typo

Twitched

Private
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2011
Mineral City, Ohio, 44656
Just joined and was reading over the rules and whatnot and saw a typo, didn't know where to post this or who to contact but I just figured I'd let someone know so it could be fixed (If you want to of coarse):p.

It's near the end of the agreement page, Starts like this...

"Registration Email Use

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">For</span></span> time to time Sniper's Hide sends out emails to the members"

I assume it is supposed to be "from" not "for".

Anyway thanks for the use of the forum, I have actually been looking for a forum just like this...kind of a jack of all trades as far as gun forums go.

Have a good one.

Re: Typo

1165714-grammar_nazi_super.jpg

Wellcome two the Hyde!!!
smile.gif

Lmfao, nice. Honestly I could care less about a typo in posts and whatnot but figured the site owners and mods would like the website itself to be neat and professional based on all the rules I saw :p

Thanks for the welcome wagon
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twitched</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have actually been looking for a forum just like this...kind of a jack of all trades as far as gun forums go.

Have a good one. </div></div>

Actually the primary focus here is long range precision shooting, particularly of the tactical nature.

Sure we have other weapons but it's "Snipers" Hide .

Great introduction for your first post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twitched</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have actually been looking for a forum just like this...kind of a jack of all trades as far as gun forums go.

Have a good one. </div></div>

Actually the primary focus here is long range precision shooting, particularly of the tactical nature.

Sure we have other weapons but it's "Snipers" Hide .

Great introduction for your first post.

</div></div>

That may be true but I also see many different forums here, most have to do with long range shooting yes but I also see forums for "side arms", "gunsmithing" which may be about precision but it is not all about long range and there is also a forum "dedicated to .22 rimfire rifles" now when's the last time someone shot and hit something at 1000 yards with a .22?
confused.gif

At least you have your profile filled out. That might save you a visit from the infamous Boltripper.

A guy by the moniker "Lowlight" is the site owner. You can always PM him with any concerns. Everyone is busting your balls because it is your first post. You are going to need a thicker skin for this site.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twitched</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you guys get flamed for no reason when you try to help also?</div></div>

As for that...It depends.

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twitched</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
That may be true but I also see many different forums here, most have to do with long range shooting yes but I also see forums for "side arms", "gunsmithing" which may be about precision but it is not all about long range and there is also a forum "dedicated to .22 rimfire rifles" now when's the last time someone shot and hit something at 1000 yards with a .22?
confused.gif
</div></div>

Well I've done it at 400 and I know there are guys here trying...
Heck we got guys shooting .243's and .308's at 1500 yards...

Next?
smile.gif

Welcome aboard - now give us an introduction the proper way eh? What hobbies, what rifle? etc.

Part of the flaming stems from the fact that your observation could have been conveyed in a less conspicuous manner.

Second, welcome aboard. You will need thick skin here as there is little tolerance for swerving out of the lanes with what appears to be no other intention than to turn the wheel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At least you have your profile filled out. That might save you a visit from the infamous Boltripper.

A guy by the moniker "Lowlight" is the site owner. You can always PM him with any concerns. Everyone is busting your balls because it is your first post. You are going to need a thicker skin for this site.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twitched</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you guys get flamed for no reason when you try to help also?</div></div>

As for that...It depends.

Josh </div></div>

Yea I had already seen a post by Boltripper yesterday when I was lurking, something about a guy that was asking for scope info that didn't have his pro filled out.

I also figured I'd get a little ball busting based on what I read yesterday though no thicker skin is needed, I can take it as well as serve it
smile.gif

Thanks for the info on the owner, I may just do that.

Cheers

Btw sorry in advance about the double post, either there is no multi-quote on this forum or I haven't found it yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Next?
smile.gif

Welcome aboard - now give us an introduction the proper way eh? What hobbies, what rifle? etc.</div></div>

400 eh? Very nice, mind if I ask what setup you were using? The longest shot with a .22 I knew of till now was at 300 into a turkey lol.

Hobbies: Long walks on the beach, candle light dinners, laying out under the stars...oh sorry seems I'm listing off some playmates hobbies. But no really I like to work on cars and figure out how things work then break them and get them working again :p Idk I tinker with a ton of stuff...computers, I draw a bit, beerpong (if you can consider that a hobby lol) Oh right shooting also
smile.gif

As far as what I own currently I have a Springfield XD9 subcompact, Rock River AR15 and a S&W M&P 15-22

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Part of the flaming stems from the fact that your observation could have been conveyed in a less conspicuous manner.

Second, welcome aboard. You will need thick skin here as there is little tolerance for swerving out of the lanes with what appears to be no other intention than to turn the wheel. </div></div>

Very true though being so new to the forum I had no idea on who I would need to contact and when I signed up it said if you don't know what topic you should put it under then to put it here and a mod would move it so I figured a mod would see it and take care of it. Good analogy btw, though that can be fun if there is no one else around and your driving along side a buddy
smile.gif

Thanks for the welcome wagon guys, I really appreciate it. Think I could probably learn a ton from this site so I'm looking forward to checking it out a bit more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Legba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
1165714-grammar_nazi_super.jpg

Wellcome two the Hyde!!!
smile.gif
</div></div>

LMAO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twitched</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Next?
smile.gif

Welcome aboard - now give us an introduction the proper way eh? What hobbies, what rifle? etc.</div></div>

400 eh? Very nice, mind if I ask what setup you were using? The longest shot with a .22 I knew of till now was at 300 into a turkey lol.

Hobbies: Long walks on the beach, candle light dinners, laying out under the stars...oh sorry seems I'm listing off some playmates hobbies. But no really I like to work on cars and figure out how things work then break them and get them working again :p Idk I tinker with a ton of stuff...computers, I draw a bit, beerpong (if you can consider that a hobby lol) Oh right shooting also
smile.gif

As far as what I own currently I have a Springfield XD9 subcompact, Rock River AR15 and a S&W M&P 15-22

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Part of the flaming stems from the fact that your observation could have been conveyed in a less conspicuous manner.

Second, welcome aboard. You will need thick skin here as there is little tolerance for swerving out of the lanes with what appears to be no other intention than to turn the wheel. </div></div>

Very true though being so new to the forum I had no idea on who I would need to contact and when I signed up it said if you don't know what topic you should put it under then to put it here and a mod would move it so I figured a mod would see it and take care of it. Good analogy btw, though that can be fun if there is no one else around and your driving along side a buddy
smile.gif

Thanks for the welcome wagon guys, I really appreciate it. Think I could probably learn a ton from this site so I'm looking forward to checking it out a bit more. </div></div>

Just a word to the wise. Most people here are very big advocates for doing your own research. It might have been beneficial if you found out who the owner/mod was before making a shameful first post like this. If you're here too ask questions. The best way to do that is by asking a legitimate question that can't easily be found on Google or the search function on this site.

As for being flamed on the forum. God forbid you say something stupid in the shout box... If you do that Orville Redenbacher stock prices will go up higher than gold per ounce!

This is a better search tool than the little Search box here on the site. It's been my friend for a while, so you may find it quite handy for future research. Add it to your bookmarks right underneath the SH Forums.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
As for being flamed on the forum. God forbid you say something stupid in the shout box... If you do that Orville Redenbacher stock prices will go up higher than gold per ounce! </div></div>

Dammit, Every time I come to this site I end up cleaning coffee off my monitor!

That was friggin hilariouis!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twitched</div><div class="ubbcode-body">400 eh? Very nice, mind if I ask what setup you were using? The longest shot with a .22 I knew of till now was at 300 into a turkey lol.
</div></div>

THere's a few articles of people doing it.

It was a 1973 Marlin Model 60 with a 4 power Telstar (Redfield or Tasco made for K-Mart).

I paid $45 for this rifle back in 1973, all of us pooled our allowance.

having owned it for this long, it is accurate because I know where it shoots.

But it took me 12 shots to hit the 55 gallon drum, so it's not like sniper work, it was more like lobbing lead.

My buddy Leon, a former TOW "Gunner", was there and was doing it better than I was.....:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twitched</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I just figured I'd let someone know so it could be fixed (If you want to of coarse):p. </div></div>

Just a thought here, but being a grammar Nazi myself, if you are going to correct someone, check your own spelling first. When using the colloquialism "of course" the word "course" is spelled c-o-U-r-s-e, not "c-o-A-r-s-e".

Please accept this as constructive criticism, only, and not a flame. Otherwise, you will be hoist on your own petard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DMann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twitched</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I just figured I'd let someone know so it could be fixed (If you want to of coarse):p. </div></div>

Just a thought here, but being a grammar Nazi myself, if you are going to correct someone, check your own spelling first. When using the colloquialism "of course" the word "course" is spelled c-o-U-r-s-e, not "c-o-A-r-s-e".

Please accept this as constructive criticism, only, and not a flame. Otherwise, you will be hoist on your own petard. </div></div>

Beat me to it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

LOL I got 440y, of course I was lobbing it like a 60mm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DMann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twitched</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I just figured I'd let someone know so it could be fixed (If you want to of coarse):p. </div></div>

Please accept this as constructive criticism, only, and not a flame. Otherwise, you will be hoist on your own petard. </div></div>

"hoist <span style="font-weight: bold">by</span> your own <span style="font-weight: bold">P</span>etard."

I was not attempting to injure anyone with what I was saying, simply trying to help.

Thanks to both you and DMann for getting me to learn something new though, btw where did you learn that quote? It doesn't seem like something you would run across.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jr81452</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DMann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twitched</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I just figured I'd let someone know so it could be fixed (If you want to of coarse):p. </div></div>

"hoist <span style="font-weight: bold">by</span> your own <span style="font-weight: bold">P</span>etard."
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twitched</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... btw where did you learn that quote? It doesn't seem like something you would run across.</div></div>
To some, reading is for students. For others, it's for entertainment or enrichment. For example, one of the more well-read classics, both during and after grammar school, is William Shakespeare:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hamlet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"For tis the sport to have the enginer Hoist <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">with</span></span> his owne petar."</div></div>
Meaning; Injured by the device that you intended to use to injure others. The petar[d] was an explosive charge intended to breach doors, gates, fortification walls, etc.