• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

U.S. Armament Corp 1903 experience

Their 1903A4 package has been on my radar as well. I've been looking since last April but haven't found one in the wild as of yet. It appears that they'll be attending some gun shows within driving distance next month so I'm hoping to catch up with them at one of those if I can find a weekend that'll work. My primary interest would be to have something legal for hitting up a couple CMP Vintage Sniper Matches and with the CMP 1903 stock having long since dried up that seemed to be the best bet going but want to put eyes on to see what to expect for the price.

-LD

Their 1903A4 package has been on my radar as well. I've been looking since last April but haven't found one in the wild as of yet. It appears that they'll be attending some gun shows within driving distance next month so I'm hoping to catch up with them at one of those if I can find a weekend that'll work. My primary interest would be to have something legal for hitting up a couple CMP Vintage Sniper Matches and with the CMP 1903 stock having long since dried up that seemed to be the best bet going but want to put eyes on to see what to expect for the price.

-LD
Please report back if you are able to check them out.

I wonder where they are sourcing their receivers.

I see the one in the photo is D&T.

Heading to the honey hole today, good friend is looking for a K22 and there are a bunch there.

I’ll make a post of what’s available today.

Please report back if you are able to check them out.
Can do- is there anything in particular you were looking for? Just trying to come back with more than- "handled them at the gun show, they look very nice, I might buy one".

-LD

Can do- is there anything in particular you were looking for? Just trying to come back with more than- "handled them at the gun show, they look very nice, I might buy one".

-LD
General build quality / attention to detail (metal fit and finish / stock inlet gaps). Product knowledge of the people working the show, and their general attitude towards engaging potential customers. Basically if they seem to give a shit about putting out a quality product or not.

Reactions: LuckyDuck
Not many 03s at the honey hole today.
4C6FA061-55AE-4077-9A96-B162C508CAF0.jpeg

B789BF87-0638-4954-BCA9-EB507861C267.jpeg

E497EE95-5D08-428F-8224-55800B287C6E.jpeg

41856160-DF1F-4C22-87C9-A53D2BD2FBAD.jpeg

BB1304B4-4D0C-4185-867F-4DEAEA2E3601.jpeg

Looks like at least 5 M1 Carbines in the hopper there for the next citizen to purchase/repeat the cycle and that isn't even half bad. Beautiful pics- thanks for sharing them.

-LD

Reactions: RedBull6
Is that a winchester 75 or a 52? With the heavy barrel and iron sights.
Screenshot_20240225_112705_Chrome.jpg

I wish I could make it to that place. Lots of sweet rifles.

I’m guessing 52z

I have a 75T and it is certainly not a 75T.

75T is for poors.
I'll raise my hand/self identify as being a 'poor'. I need to maximize where my dollars go at least but for what it's worth I really appreciated you sharing your pictures in this thread- lots of cool guns to appreciate.

-LD

Reactions: gatorbait308
I had a Mossburg 144LSB. Gave it to my Granddaughter. I would shoot it at 200 yds prone for fun.

Reactions: LR308guy
General build quality / attention to detail (metal fit and finish / stock inlet gaps). Product knowledge of the people working the show, and their general attitude towards engaging potential customers. Basically if they seem to give a shit about putting out a quality product or not.
Just wanted to followup- I did hit up one of the gun shows that I had previously referenced but U.S. Armament Corp was a 'no-show' so I didn't get a chance to check out their 1903A4's which was my primary motivation for making the effort to go to the show. They're not too far from me so I might try to hit them up later to see if I can schedule a day to check out their products and pick their brains on what their build approach is.

I don't know when that'll occur (could be in April or July at this point) but if you don't get any further updates on the subject, I'll try to remember to revisit this thread and share my thoughts if this is still on your radar.

-LD

1903A1 and 1903A4 (A4gery)

The 1903A1 was built from a Sporter had to hunt down the rear sight and front stock metal. It was the only 1903 donor rifle I had. The Malcolm 8x optic is a Hi-Lux Repro. The stock was an old Boyd 1903 C blank custom inletted

The A4gery was built from a 1903A3 Drill Rifle needed a new barrel, had to used my last NOS barrel for the build. The optic is a 65+ year old 2.5x El Paso Weaver which is CMP match legal. The stock is a new Minelli 1903 C

The CMP armorers have to approve the rifles for use in Vintage Sniper matches. They can grade hard, one year we were limited because of an aftermarket safety tab. Drilling and tapping these receivers are tough, we take the top hardness off with an end mill, before drilling, then spot annealed the holes before tapping. Tapping the barrel for the A1 was easy by comparison. AND YES THE 1903 WAS NOT A DOUBLE HEAT TREAT EARLY SN SO CALLED "BRITTLE" RECEIVER. They still certainly seem pretty damn hard to drill & tap, compared to a Remy or Winny commercial receivers.
20221107_142542.jpg

I forgot to mention, and why I kinda posted off topic... the stock re-enforcement screws for the Minelli stock were from US Armament . They were reasonably priced, shipping was fast, they were in spec, and of good quality. On the subject of stock screws, if you build your own get the longer action screws.

I've seen a (USAC) US Armament Corp 03A4 build, the fit and finish were good, the price well, I'm an old boomer as a kid 03's were a dime a dozen (actually 20-25 bucks). So the USAC price tag was why I built my own. Of course a nice 03 or 03A3 donor rifle will set you back $800-$1000 and if you can't do the work yourself... The USAC price tag is probably worth the bucks, especially if it's built a real 03A4 receiver.

1903A1 and 1903A4 (A4gery)

The 1903A1 was built from a Sporter had to hunt down the rear sight and front stock metal. It was the only 1903 donor rifle I had. The Malcolm 8x optic is a Hi-Lux Repro. The stock was an old Boyd 1903 C blank custom inletted

The A4gery was built from a 1903A3 Drill Rifle needed a new barrel, had to used my last NOS barrel for the build. The optic is a 65+ year old 2.5x El Paso Weaver which is CMP match legal. The stock is a new Minelli 1903 C

The CMP armorers have to approve the rifles for use in Vintage Sniper matches. They can grade hard, one year we were limited because of an aftermarket safety tab. Drilling and tapping these receivers are tough, we take the top hardness off with an end mill, before drilling, then spot annealed the holes before tapping. Tapping the barrel for the A1 was easy by comparison. AND YES THE 1903 WAS NOT A DOUBLE HEAT TREAT EARLY SN SO CALLED "BRITTLE" RECEIVER. They still certainly seem pretty damn hard to drill & tap, compared to a Remy or Winny commercial receivers.
View attachment 8388541

What is your opinion on the Hi-lux?I assume you have the Gen2.
Mine should show up today.

What is your opinion on the Hi-lux?I assume you have the Gen2.
Mine should show up today.
Yeah a Gen 2, the Rings are now workable . The original scope, many folks replaced the external adjustment rings. In the Vintage Sniper match we only shoot at 300 and 600yds. The scope tracks true enough for that and windage adjustments. We lapped the front mount to get a better fit to the barrel, but that might have been OCD kicking in. The glass is not bad.

Reactions: Halfnutz