• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

U.S. Army Ends Free Storage of Vehicles, Belongings for Deployed Soldiers

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

Deployed U.S. Army soldiers will no longer be able to store their belongings free of charge while they are away from home, the Army Sustainment Command announced Wednesday.
A spokesman for the command, which is the primary provider of logistics support to Army units, told Military.com that it was discontinuing the use of funds to store soldiers’ vehicles and other goods while they are away for prolonged periods of time.
It was not specified whether the announcement applies to all deployment types or just to soldiers on temporary duty.
The storage policy ended in October, but the order was not “widely distributed” to soldiers or the press, the outlet reported.
“We understand the burden this could potentially place on soldiers, and HQDA G-1 [The Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel, Department of the Army] is drafting policy that would enable such storage,” service spokesman Sgt. Pablo Saez said.
That new “policy” was only mentioned after Military.com first reached out to the Army about the issue in early December, the outlet noted.
It is unclear when or in what manner that future policy will take form.
An internal memo from Col. Heather Carlisle, director for support operations at the Army Sustainment Command, said that the Army is not required to provide storage for its soldiers:
HQDA G1, the proponent for [storage] entitlements, recently determined that the Army would no longer support [storage] entitlements because there is no Army policy explicitly authorizing storage in support of soldiers deployed for contingency operations.
Following the discontinuation of the storage program, members of the Army have been authorized to store their vehicles in motor pools, which are typically used to house tactical vehicles and “frequently are uncovered or not climate controlled,” according to the outlet.

The new woke Army. Not even capable of fighting vd. I was raised with great respect for our military. Having had several family members and a son serve.

but with today’s fucked up military leadership, I would tell my grandchildren to run the other way. That is a journey and a statement from a flag waving patriot

" Wow . I don't know why we can't recruit ? "

The new woke Army. Not even capable of fighting vd. I was raised with great respect for our military. Having had several family members and a son serve.

but with today’s fucked up military leadership, I would tell my grandchildren to run the other way. That is a journey and a statement from a flag waving patriot
I heavily discouraged all of my kids from enlisting.

I used to think military service was honorable... At least when the government would pretend that it kind of gave a shit. But this shit bag government we have now clearly hates us. Fuck 'em. Let them do the fighting themselves.

Mike

Nearly 12,000 replacement soldiers incoming every single day.
This won't be the last of the fuckery...nor is it the first. In fact, I can recall fuckery going on in 1979. I'm sure there was fuckery going on LONG before that. But I do believe that all that other fuckery was not intended to actually weaken the nation.

Deployed U.S. Army soldiers will no longer be able to store their belongings free of charge while they are away from home, the Army Sustainment Command announced Wednesday.
A spokesman for the command, which is the primary provider of logistics support to Army units, told Military.com that it was discontinuing the use of funds to store soldiers’ vehicles and other goods while they are away for prolonged periods of time.
It was not specified whether the announcement applies to all deployment types or just to soldiers on temporary duty.
The storage policy ended in October, but the order was not “widely distributed” to soldiers or the press, the outlet reported.
“We understand the burden this could potentially place on soldiers, and HQDA G-1 [The Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel, Department of the Army] is drafting policy that would enable such storage,” service spokesman Sgt. Pablo Saez said.
That new “policy” was only mentioned after Military.com first reached out to the Army about the issue in early December, the outlet noted.
It is unclear when or in what manner that future policy will take form.
An internal memo from Col. Heather Carlisle, director for support operations at the Army Sustainment Command, said that the Army is not required to provide storage for its soldiers:

Following the discontinuation of the storage program, members of the Army have been authorized to store their vehicles in motor pools, which are typically used to house tactical vehicles and “frequently are uncovered or not climate controlled,” according to the outlet.
Sorry! I had to laugh at this with Wade!

Kind of hard to run off from the plantation when you don't have any belongings outside of the plantation. The modern US military just views the troops as expendable slaves.

Reactions: 10ring'r
Kind of hard to run off from the plantation when you don't have any belongings outside of the plantation. The modern US military just views the troops as expendable slaves.
No need to have any sort of storage facilities for those who illegally carried everything they care about across the border. All of that shit fits in the locker.

Reactions: BurtG
I heavily discouraged all of my kids from enlisting.

I used to think military service was honorable... At least when the government would pretend that it kind of gave a shit. But this shit bag government we have now clearly hates us. Fuck 'em. Let them do the fighting themselves.

Mike

Did you know my father?

I'm pretty sure he paid off the recruiter since he retired as a Major at 22 years and tried his damnedest to talk me out of even talking to him.

I'd be 12 years in now, and I'm very glad he was able to talk me out of it.

Reactions: gigamortis
Did you know my father?

I'm pretty sure he paid off the recruiter since he retired as a Major at 22 years and tried his damnedest to talk me out of even talking to him.

I'd be 12 years in now, and I'm very glad he was able to talk me out of it.
I don't think so. Lol

Military service was pretty much what male members of both sides of my family did... Hell, I even did it. But after paying attention to all the crap they've been pulling... I just couldn't encourage my kids to do it.

Mike

On base vehicle storage sucked 30 years ago, I’m sure it still sucks now. Your vehicle will be returned to you in shittier condition than you parked it. You will not get it for several days after returning.

I always paid for my own storage off base.

Reactions: oneshot86
If it's just sitting someplace, what is the cost? How is this even a thing. Put your shit in a cage and get when you get back. Park your car in the storage lot they already have and go get it when you return. Where does this shit even cost money?