• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

U.S.D.A. wants to register community gardens !

forrestgump01

Once a deplorable, always a deplorable!
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2013
    Georgia
    The United States Department of Agriculture is encouraging people and community's to start gardens .
    Well that's cool , we should all be more self sufficient......but wait . ✋️ They also want you to REGISTER said garden. WTF !
    The website will also have a map showing the location of all registered gardens .
    Yaaaaaa........... what could possibly go wrong with that . 🤔

At this point you have to be a dillusional idiot to not see what is playing out here !

The United States Department of Agriculture is encouraging people and community's to start gardens .
    Well that's cool , we should all be more self sufficient......but wait . ✋️ They also want you to REGISTER said garden. WTF !
    The website will also have a map showing the location of all registered gardens .
    Yaaaaaa........... what could possibly go wrong with that . 🤔

At this point you have to be a dillusional idiot to not see what is playing out here !

You might want to see what a "People's Garden" isn't before kicking the outrage machine into overdrive4

Start a People’s Garden​

People’s Gardens empower communities to participate in local food production and provide diversity and resiliency to the food supply chain. They also teach about the benefits of sustainable, local agriculture and how gardening can foster community collaboration, provide green gathering spaces, and benefit the environment.

People’s Gardens are different sizes and types based on the needs of the community. School gardens, community gardens, urban farms, and small-scale agriculture projects in rural and urban areas can be recognized as a “People’s Garden” if they:

1. Benefit the community by providing food, beautification, wildlife habitat, education site, etc.
    2. Are a collaborative effort. This can include groups working together with USDA agencies, food banks, Girl Scouts, Master Gardeners, conservation districts, etc.
    3. Incorporate sustainable practices, such as using native plant species, rain barrels, integrated pest management, xeriscaping.
    4. Educate the public about sustainable gardening practices and the importance of local, diverse sources of healthy food.
    People’s Gardens can be located on federally owned or leased property, at schools, faith-based centers and other places within the community. They cannot be located at private residences. People’s Gardens are different sizes and types based on the needs of the community, such as improving access to fresh food or planting milkweed and nectar sources for Monarchs and other butterflies.

Reactions: vinniedelpino
    czEuanBn

so its only on public lands...
    It's completely voluntary. Build your community garden and don't register it.

so you get to plant the garden and tend it and then someone gets to come along and reap the fruits and veggies?
    I don't know. You'll have to ask the agriculture commissar (USDA extension agent) about that.

You might want to see what a "People's Garden" isn't before kicking the outrage machine into overdrive4
    So now we have established its not for a private residence............... for the time being .
    Still doesn't change what the ultimate goal is .
    Baby steps ...... frog in the pot .

I will edit title to be a little more accurate.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Hobo Hilton
    If its on public land I can see it being used for a map so people can use the garden if traveling. Lots of plant people like to spread joy by bringing seeds and starter plants to help out.

Reactions: Bradu
    The downfall continues.
    Will they be using satellite and drones ?
    Surely they will track the pot growers in the National Forest.... LOL

But isnt that the point . Why the need to register and advertise to the entire world the locations.

Your garden or farm location will be posted to this map, and we’ll send you a “People’s Garden” sign to display.

There you go. You don't get a sign if you don't.

so you get to plant the garden and tend it and then someone gets to come along and reap the fruits and veggies?

Only if you use the King's lands
    Gardens on federal property must donate or use produce for educational purposes. We will provide an easy-to-use form to report how many pounds and what types of produce you’ve donated every six months.

If its on public land I can see it being used for a map so people can use the garden if traveling. Lots of plant people like to spread joy by bringing seeds and starter plants to help out.
    There will be no joy here! Only doom and conspiracy! Evil, I say! Everything is a plot.

Of course that’s not a pun.

im so afraid

There will be no joy here! Only doom and conspiracy! Evil, I say! Everything is a plot.

Of course that’s not a pun.

im so afraid
    We get it , your being a sarcastic duecebag .
    Refer to post #5 and keep on drinking .

There is the old joke about the USDA agent crying. When asked his response was his farmer died. With the all the excess deaths they probably need something else to do.

I figure that any unregistered or private gardens will eventually be declared illegal. You will then have to forfeit your property (at a minimum) if caught with an unregistered garden.

Just like Australia. This is bad, Obama tried to pull this with community gardens as I recall a few years back. They really want to be able to control not only what you produce, prevent you from sharing, control everything you eat. This level of totalitarianism is NOT what this country is about -- and those pushing this BS need to go away.

What about that SCOTUS EPA ruling showing these departments have been given power not authorized by Congress? Does this not fall into the same category or does this have to go all the way up to SCOTUS too?

Can't wait for them to roll out the USDA regulations that need to be followed.
    BTW. The federal government should not own any land.
    Don't want to hear the bullshit of why... Hunting, preservation, national park or whatever. It's inside the state border it's the states land not federal. The fed is not supposed to own anything.

I think there is another possibility that is being missed: they are low-key telling the citizenry that affordable food is about to get real damn scarce. When you put this in the mix of press releases, news clips and videos from the USDA about the coming food shortages, it becomes fairly apparent that they are telegraphing what is coming. Add to that Biden stating the same thing earlier.

But it is still some straight up communist bullshit. People's gardens sounds a lot like some shit from Mao. It means that you work it but it aint yours - it belongs to everyone and no one at the same time, which means it belongs to the State.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
    Historically registering things with big gov turns out poorly

Registering guns

Registering Jews

Etc etc etc

It might just be a carrot, but it’s non of anyones biz

Folks ask “you have something to hide?”

YESSSS I DO

EVERYTHING, from my socks to what is in my fridge, to the mint I planted, it’s no one’s damn business unless I choose for it to be

Fuck busy bodies and fuck big gov

What about that SCOTUS EPA ruling showing these departments have been given power not authorized by Congress? Does this not fall into the same category or does this have to go all the way up to SCOTUS too?

If the ruling mattered, congress would have done something by now.

Your government hates you.

So the gov isn't trying to steal anyone's gardens (yet). They just want a bunch of people( suckers) to plant a garden on gov land, good luck finding some they will let you use in a city, using their own resources and labor and then you have to give away the produce to the community (worthless inner city scum). Yeahhhhhh maybe some Karens somewhere might try this.

A "real" president facing "real" shortages for his people would make a "real" attempt to do something about it other than sending Billions to Ukraine and Asia and inviting non-citizens to partake of already limited resources.

Okay it is late and I did not read the thread, but in response to the thread title, Fuck that!

A "real" president facing "real" shortages for his people would make a "real" attempt to do something about it other than sending Billions to Ukraine and Asia and inviting non-citizens to partake of already limited resources.
    I see what you did there. I think your assessment is correct.

I didn't read the entire thread.

But probably just want to make sure the food is safe for consumption....

• Haha
    Reactions: mtrmn and lash
    I’ll leave this quick-read history lesson here. These gardens are going nowhere. If it didn’t work for a group who were risking everything it sure as hell won’t work for an entire nation whose morals are much more compromised. War gardens are a better fit. But most hands these days don’t fit a hoe.

Last edited:
    They are either going to post the shit up so illegals can have at your hard won garden.
    Are going to seize said garden right when the crops are ready to harvest "for the good of the people"....
    Or, are going to tax you for it.

Choose 1 or more because that is the only reasons they have for wanting it registered.

Reactions: lash
    My cynical ass thinks this is to more freely allow the spread of illegals.
    Here is your free phone & a map to free food along the way to wherever the fuck you want to go.
    They give them cards to get free food from grocery stores.\, and cash to get it from restaurants.
    So the gov isn't trying to steal anyone's gardens (yet). They just want a bunch of people( suckers) to plant a garden on gov land, good luck finding some they will let you use in a city, using their own resources and labor and then you have to give away the produce to the community (worthless inner city scum). Yeahhhhhh maybe some Karens somewhere might try this.
    IF you look at many states there is already a lot of farming and ranching on government lands. I can think of one ranch that operates almost entirely on State Turst Land. They lease at least 30, 640 acre parcels from the state for 100 dollars per month each.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton