• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

U.S. goods unable to be returned to the U.S.?

John_in_WYO

Colorful Raconteur
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2009
Cody, WY
Had a call from a friend who was coming back from a fishing trip to Saskatchewan. Caught lots of fish and some big uns.

He told me that Cabela's ( a U.S. based company from Nebraska) in Saskatoon ( I think) had Remington brand .223 ammo in stock and he and his fishing buddy started to load up to bring some home.

The guy behind the counter told them that U.S. Customs would seize it and not let it come into the U.S..
I think Arkansas is where the Remington ammunition plant is located. They came home with no ammo.

Was the guy bullshitting them or does the U.S. Customs not allow the re-importation of U.S. goods?

Does anybody on the northern border have any relevant info on this subject?

Thanks.

DON'T MAKE POLITICAL STATEMENTS!!!!!

"If you have not made arrangements with a dealer to import a firearm or AMMUNITION on your behalf before you purchase one, (i.e. you buy it on the spur of the moment during a trip abroad and return to the U.S. with it in your possession), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) will detain the weapon/ammo for 30 days, during which time you should try to make arrangements for a registered dealer to handle the importation for you.

If ATF is unable to expedite the paperwork and your firearm is not claimed within 30 days, it could be transferred to a general order warehouse and you will have to pay the storage fees. After 60 days of transfer to the warehouse, it will be destroyed."
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/de...nsporting Policy/session/L3NpZC8xUDFUOSpzbA==

DON'T MAKE POLITICAL STATEMENTS!!!!!

Last edited:
What does this have to do with either post?

Jt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It has nothing to do with either of the preceding posts, but OTHER knuckleheads on this site have a history of turning such regulations into a group pissing in the wind contest. I'm referring to any further posts relating to this finding/interpretation of law.

Phil1,

Thanks for the link.
Wow, I had no idea that U.S. origin ammunition was subject to such draconian regulation. That was the information I was looking for.
I appreciate your google-fu. I learned something.

John

Ammo is imported on a Form 6. The fact that it was manufactured in the USA is of no consequence.

Political statement: it has something bad to say about a govt. service, customs.

You would not believe the shiznit I went thru when I shipped my US made goods to Canada Via Fed Ex for a trade show and then wanted to ship my good back to me in the states via FED EX..something to do with the Patriot Act...10 and a half hours on the phone and filling out paperwork...missed my flight too...