• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes U.S. Optics, Inc. SN8 1-8

Dave@USO

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2012
Brea CA
www.usoptics.com
<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">U.S. Optics, Inc. SN8 1</span>-8x</span>

We are taking deposits on our new SN8 1-8 please see the specs below. We are offering this scope with 2 different Reticles (images attached to the email)

We will have our first 50 scopes delivered by Christmas, to make an order you will need to call in and place a deposit of $1000.00

(714-582-1956 x203)

The cost of the scope is $1995

Power - 1-8x
Eye Relief - 3.38 "
Tube Size - 30mm
Objective size - 27mm
Reticle - C2 and CDMIL
Travel - 100 MOA
Knobs - 2/10 MIL zeroing
Illumination - Red, Green, Blue
Weight - 1.4 Lbs
Length - 11.75"
Parallax - Set at 100 Yards
FFP

308882_10151217799088762_1289011195_n.jpg

Re: U.S. Optics, Inc. SN8 1-8

This is going to be sweet on my new AR I'm building. Somehow I always buy myself the best xmas presents....
Can I get serial #0001? hahaha

I need serial number #3 <-- my lucky number

*Is the lit reticle in the sfp?

Is this with or without the red dot style illumination, and if not is that still planned to be released?

More information would be helpful.
Such as... Is the illum daylight bright?
How about some pics of the reticle at different magnification levels?
Any info on the dual focal plane you've have been working on?
I am really hoping you can get an aimpoint bright 2FP red dot to go with a 1FP ranging reticle in your 1-8x mag.

We have been waiting on this piece of glass forever so please excuse us for "demanding" additional information. We thank you for getting us what info you do have as soon as you could.

BUT - we are dying for all the specs!!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tahoe333</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We have been waiting on this piece of glass forever so please excuse us for "demanding" additional information. We thank you for getting us what info you do have as soon as you could.

BUT - we are dying for all the specs!!!!!!!! </div></div>

+1

I was by there today. It looks awesome!!! I am told the red dot will be ready for SHOT Show where orders can be taken. The lit reticle is the same as all the other scopes they sell, not intended to be daylight visible. I did not get to see the red dot version (which is daylight visible) only the $1995 version which is amazing. I could not believe the light transmission on this scope.

Rumor is that they had it independently tested against the competition and it scored off the charts for light transmission and clarity. For those interested it has the most travel of any other 1-8 scope on the market. I am in line for this baby now and can't wait to get it.

Pricing on the red dot version has not been set but I was told to expect to see that info in the next few days, or a week at most.

Wow!!!!!! This is really cool. This is going to fit a lot of diverse applications, and with the quality and durability of US Optics it will be perfect for all of them

I've got an SR-25 EMC that would look really nice on. $2k is a fair price. If QC is awake, might be a keeper scope. No parallax. Fingers crossed.

Guys read the posts here, your questions are answered. Yes daylight visible, yes FFP. USO does not make any other kind.

for clarification to some of you, this does NOT have the red dot that is daylight visible.

After speaking with them today, that is a Q1 expected release date.

Very nice! the thicker areas of the crosshairs no doubt make it usable on low magnification.

nmclure is right the scope described above does not have a red dot at all!!!! The red dot version will have a daylight visible red dot as I mentioned and release date for that has not been set yet. If a red dot is not important to you (plus the additional cost of the red dot) and what you want is a 1-8x scope with max travel, lighted reticle, able to be used with both eyes open, great clarity and light transmission, with the best price by far of any 1-8 on the market then this is your scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SICARIO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">can it be ordered with the EREK knob on the top? </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">+1</span>

I'd be willing to wait longer and pay more for a Daytime Visible Illuminated reticle and the EREK knobs.

smile.gif

This looks like it might be my huckleberry. How durable is the illumination button array on USO? Saw one recently that got water in it and crapped, but that was after multiple immersions. Is it good to go in heavy rain?

My MK6 1x6 is working for now, but I do like the way this optic is heading. I'll let you guys shake it out first...
smile.gif

Chainring, which illumination did you have, the digital push button or the old 11 position. The digital is water proof as it is but the 11 position needed a cover screwed on it to avoid water. I know this from putting it in a basket and dropping them overboard in the Pacific and letting them soak.

Chainring, which illumination did you have, the digital push button or the old 11 position. The digital is water proof as it is but the 11 position needed a cover screwed on it to avoid water. I know this from putting it in a basket and dropping them overboard in the Pacific and letting them soak.

I was unclear - apologies. I don't have one, the non-functioning unit was a byproduct of pond toss-and-soak flogging a custom rifle/optic package in a video review I saw recently. It was the digital pushbutton style adjustment. For all I know, they didn't have the cover on well, or something. I've got zero time on a USO, so I'm just wondering if one would need to keep his optic mostly covered in a hard rain or if the digital setup is usually relatively water proof.

Digital push button does not require a cover it should not have had a problem. If you have a link to the vid could you PM me with it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: augnmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes daylight visible, yes FFP. USO does not make any other kind. </div></div>
Actually, that it is not the case. I have a SFP USO on my AR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This looks like it might be my huckleberry. How durable is the illumination button array on USO? Saw one recently that got water in it and crapped, but that was after multiple immersions. Is it good to go in heavy rain? </div></div>

After seeing the APA test we went back and added an O-RING to the rheostat cover...

The rheostat is now water proof.

Thanks APA what a great test.... but I feel so sad for the rifle
smile.gif

Well, that's cool. I didn't mention APA because I didn't want to call anybody out or stir up trouble between companies. I guess that was default assumption that one or more folks might care more about defending a product/torture test method instead of making a solid product. I apologize for that unintentional slight - now that I see such even-tempered responsiveness and refinement it makes me want a USO even more...

And yeah, Jered should be banned temporarily for posting such graphic and disturbing footage!

I can't wait to see this at Shot. Looks good, and with a very attractive price. I think this will do quite well. Interesting reticle choices to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vtb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So has anyone got it already?</div></div>

I have 5 available
smile.gif

My team mate Dane got a 1-8x for his 3-gun AR and I have been very impressed with it. Great scope and a perfect combination for that platform. He got the CDMIL reticle and I really like how it creates a fast aiming point on lower magnification.

If we have a scope with the digital illumination can we have them retrofitted with the o-ring?
Thanks,
Love my T-pal