• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

U.S. to withdraw from the U.N. human rights council.

Supersubes

Heathen
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 6, 2006
    Eastern Sierra
    Anyone know what membership to this council requires? Is it money, or perhaps a vote from the existing members? In other words, are we sticking it to them, or just taking our ball and going home? My general feeling is the UN can kiss my ass, but admittedly I’m not well versed on this council beyond knowing that many of the member nations suck, and the council’s general bias agains Israel.

U.S. Announces Its Withdrawal From U.N.'s Human Rights Council - NPR https://apple.news/AT-JLd7WRRxCBl3Cw4LUo-w

Partial paste:

“After more than a year of complaints and warnings — some subtle and others a little less so — the Trump administration has announced that the United States is withdrawing from the United Nations Human Rights Council. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Ambassador to the U.N. Nikki Haley announced the decision in a joint statement to the media Tuesday.
    The move comes as little surprise from an administration that frequently has lambasted the 47-member body for a gamut of perceived failures — including what Haley has called the council's "relentless, pathological campaign" against Israel, a staunch U.S. ally.
    In a speech to the council last year, Haley delivered something amounting to an ultimatum: Either the Human Rights Council can "address its chronic anti-Israel bias" and clean up its roster of member countries — which includes Venezuela, China, Saudi Arabia and other countries with dubious human rights records of their own — or the council can bid the U.S. farewell”.

Isn’t it getting a little old of a tactic to keep naming these things after ostensible righteous and innocuous causes?

Who is in charge of Human Rights Counsel? Somalia? Saudi? Putin? MS13? Rahm Emmanuel? I am just checking to see which tyrant is currently in charge before I start laughing my ASS off about this farce of a debating society.

Screw these leftist turd burglars.... Now, let's withdraw from the UN, sell the building and send them to meet in, say, Burma.

What a crap show.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Who is in charge of Human Rights Counsel? Somalia? Saudi? Putin? MS13? Rahm Emmanuel? I am just checking to see which tyrant is currently in charge before I start laughing my ASS off about this farce of a debating society.

Screw these leftist turd burglars.... Now, let's withdraw from the UN, sell the building and send them to meet in, say, Burma.

What a crap show.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Certainly is and the US pays for 22%, while China only 8% and Russia 3%. Japan pays more than Russia or China. Ludicrous!.
    https://factly.in/united-nations-budget-contributions-by-member-countries/

Reactions: Yasherka
    Anyone know what membership to this council requires? Is it money, or perhaps a vote from the existing members?

You have to be hard core against the traditional western standards of what are considered human rights such as: equality of opportunity, respect for the individual, freedom of religion, understanding that govt is the servant of the people not the other way around - in order to have a voice that the globalists will listen to.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    Stand by for UNHRC to condemn us our activities in securing our borders.

Perfect chance to get the talking heads chattering to obscure the revelation of the Coup.

"humans rights council"......hahahaha

lets see:

Saudi Arabia - Homosexuality is punishable by death, women need permission to leave the house alone, Punishment of Rape victims for being raped.

Venezuela - lacks basic amenities of food, water, healthcare, no limit on executive power leading to political opposition being jailed.

China - no internet freedome, all information is filtered, rampant child labor abuses.

Cuba - Arbitrary detention without cause, govt filtered media.

Qatar - Homosexuality is punishable by death, legal slavery and forced prostitution.

Iraq - legal protection for those who kill gays, ISIS controlled war zone.

Angola - Censored state run media, no right to protest.

Burundi - Arbitrary detention, Torture, Widespread rape, force marriage between rapist and victim.

United Arab Emirates - Homosexuality illegal and punishable by 14yrs in prison, Arbitrary detention and torture of political opponents.

Pakistan - blasphemy punishable by death, torture, child marriage, honor killings.

Afghanistan - Arbitrary detention, torture.

DR Congo - no right to assemble and protest, jailing of political opposition.

god, thats like having Bill Cosby, Bill Clinton, Harvey Weinstein decide the outcome of a rape case.

the un needs to be removed from my country

I only hit "like" on this... because there is not a button saying "Deliriously happy supporting this sentiment and in giddy happiness with this sentiment because the UN-are a bunch of skin-flute virtuosos."

When there is a button like that... I'll press it in support of the above statement.

Cheers,

Sirhr

The human rights council is not the UN, don't mix the funding of the UN with the news that the US is getting out of the council

Agree with Jerry, get that useless byzantine beauracracy the hell out of our country.

Trump can turn those UN properties into 1st class shopping, dining and luxury apartments in under a year. Mark my words.

I only hit "like" on this... because there is not a button saying "Deliriously happy supporting this sentiment and in giddy happiness with this sentiment because the UN-are a bunch of skin-flute virtuosos."

When there is a button like that... I'll press it in support of the above statement.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I can not believe you said 'Giddy Happiness' - You've been hanging around Maser too long... way too long.

The human rights council is not the UN, don't mix the funding of the UN with the news that the US is getting out of the council

Really, thought it was called The United Nations Human Rights Council. Withdraw from it, don't stop, get rid of UN on US soil and withdraw from it.

Huh? That’s like saying Congress is not the US government. True, but nearly meaningless. The U.N. HRC makes judgements and findings and refers them to the general assembly, so in matters of human rights they ARE the U.N.
    You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
    UNScumandVillainy.jpg.cf.jpg

The point is that the US leaving the HRC does not mean the US is leaving the UN- which means there will be no change in funding, either of the UN or the UNHRC...

Reactions: sid
    They’re about the same damn thing aren’t they? Both claim and appear to be the opposite of what they really are in true Orwellian fashion.
    One is a “Human Rights Council” that concerns itself with protecting the abusers of human rights, and the other is a politician who claims to fight for “The People” while running a giant criminal organization focused on stealing public and private money for chairity.

The point is that the US leaving the HRC does not mean the US is leaving the UN- which means there will be no change in funding, either of the UN or the UNHRC...
    The intent of my OP was to point out what it is costing us to support the UN and all their organizations including the HRC - and how much less all the others contribute. UN is an organization that has outlived its usefulness.

UN is an organization that has outlived its usefulness.

The UN has never lived up to its Charter.

Like Congress/US Govt being useless perhaps that is a great thing.