• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UF Pro or Crye Precision pants

Tony1320

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Looking at UF Pro Striker HT pants or Crye Precision G3 combat pants. For those with experience with both which would you go with?

I was going to go with Crye's but read good things about the UF Pro so I'm considering them especially since Terry Cross recommends them

I'm 6'1" , 210lbs , 34/32 jeans for build type

I looked at the UF Pro’s as well but ended up with the Crye’s because I thought all the zippers on the UF’s were sort of odd looking. I love the Crye’s but here’s the thing; I end up wearing them quite a bit while on my motorcycle and in hindsight I think I would have been okay with the zippers (maybe a little more secure). Anyway, doubt if this helps your decision but I think for the money (the UF’s were less expensive) and the fact they carry a lifetime warrant I’ll probably try the UF’s next.

P.s. Oh yeah, the Crye’s came in the black cameo which I liked. I don’t think the UF’s have that color.

Crye is awesome until the seat blows out from under you. Ask me how I know......

Pockets, knee pads, stretch all good. Eventually the ass end will give way. It may take a year or two but it will happen.

Reactions: diverdon
I have 6 pairs of crye. Ive has some of the same G3 pants for 3 years now with heavy use, zero issues. I also have the G4 set and it’s much better than the G3 fit wise. If you can swing it I would do the G4 pants. They are pricey but I don’t see having to replace even my oldest set anytime soon.

Reactions: Dan M
Your experience with the g3 is much better than mine. Myself along with at least 6 others in my unit have all had to do field repair on the seats of our pants when they gave out. Has happened multiple times unfortunately. Other than that the pants have great functionality.

Your experience with the g3 is much better than mine. Myself along with at least 6 others in my unit have all had to do field repair on the seats of our pants when they gave out. Has happened multiple times unfortunately. Other than that the pants have great functionality.
They used better "models" when designing the G4. The fit difference is noticeable. the G3 they used kind of a 1 size fits all mentality and many like you suffered for it. Besides being a fanboy, i have someone on the inside in product dvelopment who is a good friend so i see all and hear about all the prototypes and changes.

Reactions: SPAK
Who ever they used to model for the G3 must not squat and have no ass. I had to go 2 sizes up to get my ass and legs to fit in those things. They are STILL tight but the waist is huge!!

Do the G4’s have a bigger seat?

Who ever they used to model for the G3 must not squat and have no ass. I had to go 2 sizes up to get my ass and legs to fit in those things. They are STILL tight but the waist is huge!!

Do the G4’s have a bigger seat?
All I can say is they are more in line with a person with the waist they are sized for.

Reactions: MarinePMI
I bought a couple pairs of LBX, and for the money I can’t see spending more. They’ve held up 18 months of practice, matches, night hunts, etc and still look and function 100%.

I also have the LBX and vertx. They are decent pants but what I think sets crye apart amongst many other things is the ability to put the knee pads where they are supposed to be. In my LBX pants, my knee pads are shin guards.

Reactions: lte82
Thanks everyone for the input I will go with the Crye Precision G4s

That's pretty much the experience I'm having with mine. The seat hasn't blown out yet but it's not far off. And the sizing is weird, I had to get 28s to fit my waist whereas I normally wear 30-32 waist and the legs are tight and I'm not exactly a huge guy, pretty fit 5'8" 160lbs. I prefer the fit of the Field pants but like the exposed knee pads of the combats. Probably try some OCP pants with the Crye knee pads next.

I have ~5-6 pairs of crye and one pair of UF Pro. If I had to reset and buy another pair, I'd go with the UFs. I like the pockets, knee pads, and they have been more durable in my experience.

I really like my UFs.. I wish they had long side zip vents like the Kuiu pants for those really hot days..

@MarinePMI is modeling his in the right of this image.. These are a couple of Hide guys in the pic.
Unknown-18.jpeg

I have ~5-6 pairs of crye and one pair of UF Pro. If I had to reset and buy another pair, I'd go with the UFs. I like the pockets, knee pads, and they have been more durable in my experience.

My experience as well.

I’ve had both, and they both seem to not last very long for the abuse i put them through.
I’ve moved to the Sitka timberline pant. I am seeing twice the life from them

For sheer durability, my nod still goes to Kitanica's tactical pants (I've had several pairs for 5+ years now, worn weekly, and they are still going strong). They're stiff when you first get them, but break in over time.

But, when comfort in hot weather is a major factor, the UF Pros, hands down, win my vote.

Reactions: Lapuapalooza
Wanted to throw another pair in the mix here: Arcteryx Sphinx I've been wearing them for fairly chill training evos, so idk about their durability yet, but they are by far the most comfortable and light I've worn.

I’ve got to throw a vote in for the Kuiu pants. I have a set with and without the knee pads. They are thicker but the side zip makes them work well and they repell rain so I just pack a Sitka rain jacket when I’m wearing them

UF Pro every day of the week - best pants I own in terms of comfort, quality and durability - buy once, cry once, you won't be disappointed with them.

I bought a couple pairs of LBX, and for the money I can’t see spending more. They’ve held up 18 months of practice, matches, night hunts, etc and still look and function 100%.

Those are frequently on sale direct from LBX for $50.

Crye knee pads fit them great.

I wont check now because when I see them on sale I end up buying more............

Those are frequently on sale direct from LBX for $50.

Crye knee pads fit them great.

I wont check now because when I see them on sale I end up buying more............

I tried these, but they were smaller than their sizing chart. Had to pay shipping both ways when I returned them. Went from a $50 pair of pants to a $20 loss. They didn't seem to care about the sizing issue.

I’ve had both, and they both seem to not last very long for the abuse i put them through.
I’ve moved to the Sitka timberline pant. I am seeing twice the life from them

Which ones do you wear for hot weather?

Ordered my first pair of UF Pro this week, Which knee pads if any are you guys running? They have several options - do you even need them?

The Crye Nightcap is an incredible product, I would've paid triple to have had it ten years ago. I use my NV now more than I ever did with a helmet, it is comfortable and portable. That's the only thing I own of theirs besides lots of things w/ Multicam.

Ordered my first pair of UF Pro this week, Which knee pads if any are you guys running? They have several options - do you even need them?
I have had these since I bought the pants and I love them. Now, since I've only used these and have always had them in, I can't really compare them to anything.

Reactions: superde
Which ones do you wear for hot weather?
For hot weather the Sitka mountain pant. But, they are not as durable as the timberline.
Sometimes if it’s nasty terrain, I’ll still wear the timberline because of its durability.

Reactions: 260284
Last edited:

The 3D cushion pads should be all you need. I've knelt down on all kinds of rocks and empty casing with no issues at all.

Reactions: superde
Depending on the type of match I may bring 3 or 4 types of pants/shorts.

For lightweight pants I can sweat in all day and run distance, Go Ruck Challenge pants are great as are Tactical Distributors Neptune pants. The Neptune fabric is not as tough as Go Ruck if you abuse them, but they are well ventilated and come at a great price. Being in the deep south heat is often a factor, especially if it's a run-n-gun type event. You can also easily swim in either of these pants.

I have thrown away a few sets of Crye due to seams giving out and I don't care for the 50/50 blend at all... holds too much water. For PRS matches it often doesn't matter what kind of pants you have (weather depending, obviously) but a good set of knee pads can prove clutch.

UF Pro Urban are great as are the HT Combat. In coyote or kangaroo you get the 67/33 poly/cotton. In the last Tactical Games at GTI I ran a long course of fire (1.5 mile run, rope climb, etc) in the Urban's without them gaining any noticeable water weight and they were just fantastic. But the knees don't have any hardened covering and for me that is the only place the HT Combats give an advantage. I'm not a pocket and zipper freak (all that adds weight anyways) but I do like the heavy cordura on the knees. For scrambling through tunnels or where there are lots of hazards at knee level I'll wear the HTs.

Just like rifles and calibers you can't have a one arrow quiver.

Last edited:
be a real man wear a kilt no panties required. it keeps the boys cool , and lots of air flow , no pinch and , no stink and ,no zipper .
Lift flap and go .not to mention way cheaper than 200 dollars
1565979014583.png
30.00 on amazon . more money for bullets and guns. and booze .

be a real man wear a kilt no panties required. it keeps the boys cool , and lots of air flow , no pinch and , no stink and ,no zipper .
Lift flap and go .not to mention way cheaper than 200 dollars View attachment 7131108 30.00 on amazon . more money for bullets and guns. and booze .

Yep, that is some real deal advice. There is no set of pants out there that will allow freedom of movement like a kilt when flying up stairs and ladders. Truth.

However, you do not want to be the guy behind that guy.

Reactions: acudaowner
Lift flap and go .not to mention way cheaper than 200 dollars View attachment 7131108 30.00 on amazon . more money for bullets and guns. and booze .
I'm Scottish and do wear kilts!!! I've threatened to wear them to a match.

Duluth’s duluthflex cargo pants. way more durable way cheaper. I’ve tried to move away from them but can’t. I wear them every day and teach tactical courses where I’m kneeling, crouching etc