• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UFC 134!!!

--BLACKOUT--

Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2011
    Silver City, New Mexico
    UFC 134 AKA UFC Rio, taking place in Brazil this Saturday. Should be some great fights with the Brazilian fighters battling in front of their home crowd.

Middleweight Title Fight: Anderson Silva vs Yushin Okami

Lightheavy Weight bout: Maurico Rua vs Forrest Griffin

Heavyweight bout: Antonio Nogueira vs Brendan Schaub

It's my sons 1st birthday and after the party I'll be drinking some beers and watching some fights. Saturday couldn't get much better.

Who are you picking??? I'm going for a Brazilian sweep of the 3 fights mentioned above... Silva, Rua, and Nogueira.

Re: UFC 134!!!

I'll 2nd the Brazilian sweep of the fights mentioned although I think Forest might make a decision out of it.

caveman, you really think silva is gonna get beat? I think he is the best fighter in the world right now.I think the only thing against him is that he hasn't had a challenge in a really long time. Silva is one of my favorite fighters and I feel bad for him every time he gets boo'ed at UFC events, I don't think that'll happen saturday though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ajwcotton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">caveman, you really think silva is gonna get beat? I think he is the best fighter in the world right now.I think the only thing against him is that he hasn't had a challenge in a really long time. Silva is one of my favorite fighters and I feel bad for him every time he gets boo'ed at UFC events, I don't think that'll happen saturday though. </div></div>

You feel Sonnen was not a challenge? Sylva was beat like a rented mule,then he landed one lucky hold to save face. He got spanked the entire fight without taking a single round.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ajwcotton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">caveman, you really think silva is gonna get beat? I think he is the best fighter in the world right now.I think the only thing against him is that he hasn't had a challenge in a really long time. Silva is one of my favorite fighters and I feel bad for him every time he gets boo'ed at UFC events, I don't think that'll happen saturday though. </div></div>

I think Hendo had him beat in round one, but gassed prior to the second (bad weight cut, I've experienced it). I think Mia beat him for a couple rounds *STANDING*. I think Chael rocked him in the first and proceeded to whoop him for the next 22 minutes. So do I think Anderson is beatable? Yes, I do. And I think there are several fighters that can do it. The question for me is, does Okami have the skill set to do it? If he pulls the trigger early, I think so. His submission grappling game is years ahead of Chael's, and he has the size, strength, and correct training partners, to take Anderson down.

Just my 2 cents.
    -Chris

I'm right with you Jon. Sonnen will beat him before it's all over. I do not want to see a bunch of show boating when I lay down my 45.00 of hard earned cash to watch. I wished Dana would have cut him after the first fight we saw that crap!

We'll see what happens, everyone has a punchers chance! JPG

Silva is a great fighter but I can't stand him. He is an arrogant show boating prick. I always prefer the guys in any sport that let there performance do the talking and not their mouth or there juvenile playground taunting.

Sonnen - Stann is scheduled for UFC 136. There's a flurry of UFCs right about then and even if Sonnen beats Stann, UFC 139 is only six weeks later. Provided he isn't hurt, you know Sonnen will be SCREAMING for the Silva rematch as quick as he can get it.

But if I'm Dana White, I don't know if I'd give it to him on just six weeks prep. If Silva beats him <span style="text-decoration: underline">again</span>, their little party is pretty much over. But if Sonnen wins, there's plenty of fuel for a rubber match.

But it's been a l-o-o-o-n-g time since there was a fight I've been as eager to see as the Silva - Sonnen rematch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fred_C_Dobbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sonnen - Stann is scheduled for UFC 136. There's a flurry of UFCs right about then and even if Sonnen beats Stann, UFC 139 is only six weeks later. Provided he isn't hurt, you know Sonnen will be SCREAMING for the Silva rematch as quick as he can get it.

But if I'm Dana White, I don't know if I'd give it to him on just six weeks prep. If Silva beats him <span style="text-decoration: underline">again</span>, their little party is pretty much over. But if Sonnen wins, there's plenty of fuel for a rubber match.

But it's been a l-o-o-o-n-g time since there was a fight I've been as eager to see as the Silva - Sonnen rematch. </div></div>

I don't think Dana looks at it this way. When guys want to fight, he encourages them to do so. Look at Tito or Chris Leban as examples. They could have played the "Tito is back" song loud and long, and built a whole card around it. They didn't.

I would be excited to see a Henderson / Silva rematch. But only if it was at 205. Hendo has never been the same fighter when he cuts to middleweight.

If still taking Okami. Especially with 3.5:1 odds.

Well round 2 TKO in convincing fashion, Okami's only chance was to go on the offensive early, he hung back and let silva have room in the second and silva made him pay. The only way to beat Silva is keep the pressure on and close the distance, if not you get picked apart. I do think a Silva-Sonnen re-match will be a good fight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ajwcotton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Caveman, 0 for 3 and all TKO's the brazilians were looking tough. </div></div>

LMAO! Thanks for making me feel good AJ! I love MMA. But I really do suck at picking fights. I thought Nog looked awesome! Shogun didn't look great, as much as Forrest looked bad. And Anderson looked insane. That fight seriously looked like a work (I'm not saying it was, just that it looked like it).

Paul Harris (Palhares) can't seem to get the finish right. Some fights he holds the submission too long. Last time out he got cracked while trying to talk to the ref. This time he stops when he thinks the fight is over, even though Herb was nowhere to be found.

Good stuff!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ajwcotton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well round 2 TKO in convincing fashion,,,</div></div>

Convincing fashion? That barely looked like a punch. When a guy gets TKO'd I wanna at ;least SEE the punch that git him.

I cant stand Silva...

Another horrible event....just a night full of sad

And congrats to Anderson silva for beating another
    Washed up fighter that the UFC puts in front of him to pad his record

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Squattingchickn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not a fan of the spider but I gotta give him props. I would like to see him vs GSP tho. </div></div>
    i think silva is a great fighter....but his ufc record is very padded...he is fighting cans..

silva vs GSP? lol do you really want to see another GSP 20 minute long boring as hell point sparring match? lol

GSP doesnt fight anymore, he point spars..just like at a karate match...the dude is way to careful, and straight up boring...jake shields used to be the most boring MMA fighter ever...but GSP has officially beat him in that standing

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I WOULD like to see Silva and Johnny 'Bones' Jones... </div></div>

I'd like to see that one too...

Anderson Silva has the record that he does because UFC has brought in these tired ass fighters that are going nowhere to fight him.

Bring in a real fighter and they will kick his ass. He is not the greatest fighter in the world, he is the fighter with the greatest scheduling in the world.

Johnny Jones could beat silva. I would pay for that fight for sure!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anderson Silva has the record that he does because UFC has brought in these tired ass fighters that are going nowhere to fight him.

Bring in a real fighter and they will kick his ass. He is not the greatest fighter in the world, he is the fighter with the greatest scheduling in the world.

Johnny Jones could beat silva. I would pay for that fight for sure! </div></div>
    hell yeah, the dude has been fed more cans than lesnar...product of the dana white hype machine...

i think bones would squash him, but we will never see that fight...hell, there are a lot of actual fighters out there(not mma glorified bouncers) that would straight up walk through the guy..but they keep padding his record