• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UFC Bans Firearm sponsors.

The Mechanic

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2006
San Diego County Ca.
What the heck is this all about? They can't even have anything on thier uniform or any banners. I guess I won't be watching UFC any more. Shame they just went political. Fuck dana white.
http://mmaweekly.com/ufc-boss-dana-white-comments-on-gun-ban

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The right to carry arms is a freedom of U.S. citizens, but UFC fighters won’t be able to carry their brand names on their shorts or banners any longer.

UFC president Dana White confirmed on Thursday that any gun-related brand will no longer be allowed to sponsor UFC fighters in the Octagon.

“Yeah, guns and ammo are not sponsored in the UFC,” White said following the pre-fight press conference in Chicago.

Reports circulated that the UFC’s relationship with Fox may have something to do with the ban of gun-related sponsors. The UFC president admitted some relevancy, but advised the ban has more to do with the organization’s efforts to expand internationally, and is not an issue to fuss over. White explained that fighters feel the effects of such a ban, but that’s just the way things are.

“It wasn’t necessarily a Fox decision. I don’t know what the big deal is,” White said. “I know that some of the fighters get affected by it, but it is what it is.

“The reality of it is we’re going into other countries now. If you’re sitting in China, you want to see a United States Marine commercial? Holy (expletive), no! It’s all part of the growing pains of building a business like this and building the sport.”

The UFC has history in banning sponsors for a number of reasons. Some of the more notable bans from recent history have been names such as Affliction – which is no longer banned – and CondomDepot.com.

The Good4U Drinks company, another banned brand, was told by UFC officials in 2010 that their product was seen as a direct competitor of Zuffa-owned Xenergy, and wouldn’t be allowed sponsorship of fighters for UFC fight cards. UFC heavyweight Shane Carwin, who was sponsored by Good4U at the time, made his displeasure known by tweeting, “another worthy, great, honorable company supporting fighters banned by the UFC.”

Carwin’s post was later removed from his Twitter timeline.

Like most other sports entities, the sponsors the UFC often refuses conflict with other sponsors or interests already ingrained with the promotion, such as the case between Good4U Drinks and Xenergy. Other brands that promote subjects that the promotion doesn’t feel fit its image, like this case with firearm related sponsors, are often refused.
</div></div>

Re: UFC Bans Firearm sponsors.

Yea I saw this on another site, cannot believe that they are cutting out existing sponsors and missing a good demographic.

Are they worried about inciting violence
frown.gif

Ammunitiontogo was getting to be a pretty big sponsor too. When I went to the Expo here in Houston all of the bags of goodies they passed out at the door had their logo on it.

There you go. More evidence that corporations like politicians just want dumb, defenseless consumers.

Citizens are bad for business.

Screw Fox (that includes Fox News, Hannity and the other 'conservative' facade fools), UFC and the lot of 'em.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dana White is such a turd burglar </div></div>

Isn't he from Massachussets? That would explain his attitude on the subject.

He is such a poser/wannabe.......love the UFC but damn I hate that piece of shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dana White is such a turd burglar </div></div>

Isn't he from Massachussets? That would explain his attitude on the subject.

He is such a poser/wannabe.......love the UFC but damn I hate that piece of shit.</div></div>

THIS right here!

Believe me or not but after seeing this...for me personally, I say FUCK THE UFC! I will not ever consider buying another PPV or seeing a UFC event.

Yeah, I know losing only 'MY' money isn't gonna hurt him or Zuffa but I refuse to support an organization who is pretty much taking an anti-gun stance as eBay and Paypal has.

If Dana 'shithead' White wants to take the liberal side of things, fuck him and the horse that bald bastard rode in on!

<span style="color: #CC0000">“The reality of it is we’re going into other countries now. If you’re sitting in China, you want to see a United States Marine commercial? Holy (expletive), no! It’s all part of the growing pains of building a business like this and building the sport.”</span>

I am misunderstanding this, or did he just say he would rather make people in China happy than have anything to do with the Marines?

What a douchebag! Go live in China with all of your happy fans.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: osuarchitect</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #CC0000">“The reality of it is we’re going into other countries now. If you’re sitting in China, you want to see a United States Marine commercial? Holy (expletive), no! It’s all part of the growing pains of building a business like this and building the sport.”</span>

I am misunderstanding this, or did he just say he would rather make people in China happy than have anything to do with the Marines?

What a douchebag! Go live in China with all of your happy fans.</div></div>

That's EXACTLY what's he's saying! Fuck that communist pandering cocksucker!

The UFC just lost my money - I'm done with them and I'm passing this info along to EVERYONE.

So not wanting to do business with gun companies somehow makes it ok to berate the US Military? That's a non-sequitur, dana is just pandering to the left for more brand exposure. IMHO that's a shitty way to pull a publicity stunt... Fuck him.

... And since when would a fox network be involved in anything anti-gun? They know better, because they know the gun-owning population of America largely prefers their brand for news, etc. to that of other networks. Surely they are not stupid enough to come up with that.

That is my final straw with the ufc. No more pay per views for me. The first strike for Dana was supporting someone politically in the last election ( I won't mention names or political party because it is against board rules) who is 180 degrees from my views on our country. Now this. No more for me.

Ironic considering that the head of 'Ultimate Fighting Championship' is such a pussy.

He is just like the rest of them, if he thought his pocket book was going to get a little lighter he would sell his soul or sell out his owne people. He has no balls between his legs....their mounted on the back of his ass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Tucker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He is just like the rest of them, if he thought his pocket book was going to get a little lighter he would sell his soul or sell out his owne people. <span style="font-weight: bold">He has no balls between his legs....their mounted on the back of his ass.</span></div></div>

HA HA HA HA! Now THAT is one I'll have to remember!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: osuarchitect</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #CC0000">“The reality of it is we’re going into other countries now. If you’re sitting in China, you want to see a United States Marine commercial? Holy (expletive), no! It’s all part of the growing pains of building a business like this and building the sport.”</span>

What a douchebag! Go live in China with all of your happy fans.</div></div>

That's EXACTLY what's he's saying! Fuck that communist pandering cocksucker! </div></div>

Exactly what these two guys said F Dana White and his commie bastards

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Tucker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He is just like the rest of them, if he thought his pocket book was going to get a little lighter he would sell his soul or sell out his owne people.<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'"> He has no balls between his legs....their mounted on the back of his ass</span>. </div></div>
I would like to kick him in his ass then.

I thought it was great seeing all the gun and ammo sponsors jumping on board and thought it was good for them. It made me like the UFC more than I already did and I've been watching since UFC 1. Guess we won't be seeing the POF banners and shorts.

I can understand not wanting to show competitors logos (don't like it) but to keep the gun sponsors out which takes away fighter's sponsors isn't cool.

The comment about caring whether or not China wants to see the Marines in advertisements is ridiculous.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Tucker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He is just like the rest of them, if he thought his pocket book was going to get a little lighter he would sell his soul or sell out his owne people.<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'"> He has no balls between his legs....their mounted on the back of his ass</span>. </div></div>
I would like to kick him in his ass then.

I thought it was great seeing all the gun and ammo sponsors jumping on board and thought it was good for them. It made me like the UFC more than I already did and I've been watching since UFC 1. Guess we won't be seeing the POF banners and shorts.

I can understand not wanting to show competitors logos (don't like it) but to keep the gun sponsors out which takes away fighter's sponsors isn't cool.

The comment about caring whether or not China wants to see the Marines in advertisements is ridiculous.</div></div>
It would have been one thing to ban all advertisement of any kind like baseball or football and have paid sponsors from anyone who will fork over the dough, but to be so selective just amazes me. As with everyone I will not give him a red cent from this point on.

Dana White is just another little corporate bitch boy. Fuck the UFC, they can go down in flames, which is what I predict will happen. He honestly doesn't understand the demographics of his audience.

Too bad the UFC has absorbed some of the other MMA options though.

I guess for Dana White money is the end goal. I am left asking how much is enough. I guess I have been middle class my whole life and would be just fine living comfortably to the end. I don't believe in selling your true feelings for money that you will never notice anyway.

I will still support my local bar that is showing the fight but you will never see me in a UFC brand anything.

I guess UFC now stands for Ultimate Fuckin' Cunt.

Ern

I think this whole thing has to do with Dana White trying to please the powers that run New York. He desperately wants the UFC to be legalized in NY and that is the companies last leaf to turn over in this country. Shitty way of doing it. I can understand... which company isn't in it for the money??

I don't watch the UFC because of the sponsors, the president, or what their beliefs are... I enjoy the fights and appreciate the fighters who go out and put on a good fight.

Last I remembered, the different military branches were represented well via UFC advertisements. I guess theyre Ok with natl defense, but have a problem with tools to enable the individual to be protected. FUCK EM HARD! I turn my back on anyone or thing that doesnt embrace the second amendment or the tools to provide this protection.

Well, that figures. Put it to you this way, the UFC guys could probably kick my butt, but not if I were armed. Point is that the gun allows people who may not be able to defend themselves the way a Karate guy could, to be able to make it home safe. I bet the hot shots at UFC didn't think about that. Morons.

Being on top doesn't assure you shit. I bet his recent actions, and how he treats his athletes will be his demise.

Just remember, it only takes one idea to spark, and a whole other league form. You get someone who's willing to be rich, without selling out (Dana White is worth over $150,000,000. I mean really, is that not enough loot?) and the UFC will fall. All those guys that he nonchalantly treats like shit will jump ship to get on board with the new way.

I can tell you one thing, I could care less what China thinks about seeing pictures of the Marines. Kung Fu this you communist SOBs!

one resolution for this whole issue:

mma-core.com

log onto it every morning after the PPV's, and all the fights are free; just make sure it is the next morning as many times the videos get pulled. Sure, quality isn't as good, but there's another 50.00 less in that douche's wallet!

I haven't paid for a PPV in 10 months.

exactly my feelings. Glad i don't give em one second of my time or money

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There you go. More evidence that corporations like politicians just want dumb, defenseless consumers.

Screw Fox (that includes Fox News, Hannity and the other 'conservative' facade fools), UFC and the lot of 'em. </div></div>

I don't think FOX has any thing to do with the decision to ban Gun advertisers. The other day on FOX Business they had a CTD commercial.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter McGavin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There you go. More evidence that corporations like politicians just want dumb, defenseless consumers.

Screw Fox (that includes Fox News, Hannity and the other 'conservative' facade fools), UFC and the lot of 'em. </div></div>
I like Hannity.
smile.gif
Don't think Fox news has "sold out".
I don't think FOX has any thing to do with the decision to ban Gun advertisers. The other day on FOX Business they had a CTD commercial. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RSR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is my final straw with the ufc. No more pay per views for me. The first strike for Dana was supporting someone politically in the last election ( I won't mention names or political party because it is against board rules) who is 180 degrees from my views on our country. Now this. No more for me. </div></div>+100000000 this has been going on for quit some time with dick weed i mean dana white ! the ufc is bs this will only benefit dw and not the fighters! i have watched or spent money on ufc for a long time! my .02

What a shame. I became a Ryan Bader fan when I saw he was working with POF.

Dana White owns guns and is a CCW holder.

Would any of you want to see commercials about joining the Chinese Military during the Superbowl? Probably not. So then what makes you think they give a shit about seeing the Marines.

Fighters will not jump ship because there is no other organization that even comes close to the UFC. Sure they can fight in Bellatore, K1 or other over seas organizations and some lower end fighters even make more money but if you're clawing your way to the top wouldn't you want to be in the organization that will get you there the fastest?

Anybody here that runs a business will do whatever they can to get ahead, keep growing and make more money. When millions of dollars are at stake and the one stipulation to signing a huge deal is to do away with a minor endorsement that doesn't benefit your company in any way I highly doubt any of you would turn it down.

But, all of you are right about him being a dick. He treats the fighters like shit, even big names like Randy Couture, Dan Henderson, Nick Diaz etc.... Everybody has had one problem or another with him during their career but they all go back because there is no other organization that comes close.

When I'm watching a foregin show, I don't personally give a shit what foreign sponser is advertising. That doesn't affect me one way or the other.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultraman550</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dana White owns guns and is a CCW holder.

Would any of you want to see commercials about joining the Chinese Military during the Superbowl? Probably not. So then what makes you think they give a shit about seeing the Marines.</div></div>

We're not in China and the UFC, last I checked, was a US company that was blatantly exploiting a pro-military sentiment for gain here in it's home country.

Your non-sequiter argument about watching a Chinese commercial in a US sporting event doesn't even make sense. Douche White is a hypocrite in every sense:

Grow a company using the people, the fighters and the associations that you can in the beginning to grow like a leech sucking blood and then suddenly, disassociate yourself with all of those things which built you in order to latch onto what is perceived to be that next better thing. IT WILL NOT WORK and at some point, someone will come along having learned by watching all of his mistakes and take his UFC out in a "suddenly here is the new winner" manner.

You don't disassociate yourself from your base and survive. Most real business men understand that concept.

If all of the top fighters left the UFC for three fight cycles at lower pay but better conditions and rights, there would be a new king of the leagues by the fourth fight cycle and the fighters pay would be back to UFC levels but with better conditions and management. This happens all of the time in a free market.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtask</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If all of the top fighters left the UFC for three fight cycles at lower pay but better conditions and rights, there would be a new king of the leagues by the fourth fight cycle and the fighters pay would be back to UFC levels but with better conditions and management. This happens all of the time in a free market. </div></div>

What are you talking about? Are you suggesting that the UFC isn't operating in a free market? Who is Dana White keeping from dominating the sport? Is Dana White responsible for the failures of the IFL, EliteXC, PRIDE, K-1, Pancrase, Yarennoka!, M-1 Global, Strikeforce, Bellator, DREAM and countless other organizations who have tried - and failed - to excel in the MMA market?

Dana White is trying to expand the sport (and more importantly to him - his business) by entering into emerging markets. If denying sponsorship to gun industries allows him to expand into these markets, the fact is dumping Browning is VERY good for his bottom line. I don't see how positioning yourself to tap into the 505 million Chinese males between the age of 15 and 64 is a bad idea.

I also don't understand how dumping gun sponsorships from the UFC is going to hurt the sport of MMA. Dana White isn't stopping any of these companies from buying air time from the network airing his event in the United States. Whether or not anyone in the gun industry is going to pony up and pay for a commercial spot during prime time on Fox Sports is another story.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Send them an email and let them know how you feel. I just did.

[email protected]

They just lost two more fans. </div></div>

Just did the same and sent a link to this thread too. I'm sure it'll do straight to the trash folder but...

The UFC has been sucking for the last few years anyway.

Just sent them one. Probably will go to the bin, but at least I got it off my chest.

The UFC is a clown show, and it always will be. The fights they promote do not have much 'sport' in them. They are nothing more than Bullshit, and have gone the way of Boxing, in a far shorter time frame. Dana White is the biggest jackoff that has ever had a corporation to stand on, and hopefully when UFC dies, he dies with it.

It was very odd how they were promoting the UFC during Justified, either that or moronic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was very odd how they were promoting the UFC during Justified, either that or moronic.</div></div>
As said above dana seems to do ANYTHING for a buck including selling out. Some people will sell their souls for a buck.