• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UFC

Re: UFC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gpz750</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hate that silva won, from what I saw he was losing most every round till he got lucky. </div></div>

He got his ass handed to him for 4.75 rounds. I have never appreciated his attitude but he showed some humility tonight and acknowledged that he had been outdone. I'm hoping for a rematch.

Finally! Its been too long since a card had this many good fights on it. I still don't know that I'd call that a tap in the Silva fight - why was Silva still going for the ankle lock after dude supposedly tapped (and then slipped) the triangle if there was a legitimate tap out? Good fights though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtask</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Finally! Its been too long since a card had this many good fights on it. I still don't know that I'd call that a tap in the Silva fight - why was Silva still going for the ankle lock after dude supposedly tapped (and then slipped) the triangle if there was a legitimate tap out? Good fights though. </div></div>

Same reason you throw the ball to first instead of the pitcher after you get the guy running to second out.

They were some great fight!

I hated all the crap Sonnen was spouting pre-fight, but I'm glad he did what he said and pushed Silva to fight. Knew it was only going to take one mistake on Sonnen's part. Still a good fight tho.

Sooooo000000000000000000...... is there a concensus on the TAP?YEA or NEA? I say no but I wanted Sonnen to win.
Silva must be cut proof, he got hammered several times that really didn't show up visually.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They were some great fight!

I hated all the crap Sonnen was spouting pre-fight, but I'm glad he did what he said and pushed Silva to fight. Knew it was only going to take one mistake on Sonnen's part. Still a good fight tho. </div></div>

Ive been a huge Silva fan for years but I lost a ton of respect for him in his last couple of fights with his antics. I don't that much for trash talking, but I'm glad Sonnen not only trashed Silva, but beat the crap out of him. Silva needed this asswhooping even though he won. He was definitely humbled and I think he will learn from it. I definitely got a little bit more respect for Silva and I'll give him another chance.

Sonnen clearly tapped. He made a stupid mistake and paid for it.

Sonnen tapped. He held his hand up in the air while making the decision then tapped twice. I hated to see it happen but he did, I hope he comes back for a rematch.

When I watched the fight last night, they showed a really great angle on a very slow replay. When Sonnen got put into the arm bar soon after the leg triangle......his right hand goes from trying to free his left hand to hanging in the air with his fist opened up & goes over to Silva's thigh.....then his taps Silva's thigh 1 time & immediately goes back to grabbing his arm cuz Silva was popping the hell out of it.

No question about it......he tapped......he didn't want to and maybe it was subconscious......but he tapped.

He definitely tapped, and it's not the first time I've seen him tap once then whine about it after and say he didn't tap (The first fight against Paulo Filho). It's also one of several times I've seen him take people down at will and pound their face for 3 rounds and be the only guy with a cut-up face. I wouldn't want to get hit by him, but he doesn't seem to have any punching power. I have never seen him knock anyone out (he has 7 on his record, all against nobodies and no recent KOs), and he doesn't seem to do much damage except on the scorecard.

Silva is a cocky sum bitch. He thinks he is untouchable but that fight brought him down a few notches. His in ring antics are getting old and you can clearly hear that other people are starting to figure him out. Good fighter or not, when the entire arena is chanting for Chael and booing silva, then you know they need to bring someone in that can take him out.

Chael clearly tapped but Silva kept the hold on. He knew he tapped, the ref stopped the fight and he kept the hold on.... poor sportsmanship.

Excellent performance on Chael's part minus his mistake in the final round.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chael clearly tapped but Silva kept the hold on. He knew he tapped, the ref stopped the fight and he kept the hold on.... poor sportsmanship </div></div>

As much as I wanted to see Silva get his face bashed in last night, he didn't do anything wrong. I don't think anyone new if the fight was stopped.

I saw a youtube vid where Sonnan has been submitted by the triangle 4 or 5 times. Seems to be his chronic downfall.

Too damn bad too. Anderson is a clown. Dunno if a challenger deserves a rematch even though I'd love to see one.

We'll see though.

Anyone else ever seen a standing d'arce (don't know if that is what it is called) like the one Hughes put on Aleimda in the UFC? Great fight...even if it only lasted 2 minutes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jmb1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Anyone else ever seen a standing d'arce (don't know if that is what it is called) like the one Hughes put on Aleimda in the UFC? Great fight...even if it only lasted 2 minutes.</div></div>

Not many people can pull off that choke. It was pretty amazing, really.

I was pretty bummed about Chael tapping but yeah I agree he did... I wonder if he was out of it when he tapped? It was in pretty tight!

I wonder if this will make him finally get a good BJJ coach?!

Great fights!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtask</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Finally! Its been too long since a card had this many good fights on it. I still don't know that I'd call that a tap in the Silva fight - why was Silva still going for the ankle lock after dude supposedly tapped (and then slipped) the triangle if there was a legitimate tap out? Good fights though. </div></div>

Same reason you throw the ball to first instead of the pitcher after you get the guy running to second out. </div></div>

Yeah, but to me that doesn't really pertain to MMA. You don't hold a choke or keep going on an arm bar after the ref calls the fight on the tap out for obvious reasons.

Ultimately, It doesn't really matter to me wether he tapped or not because Sonnen left his arm out there and was just asking for the triangle. He should have known that Silva was going to go for anything he could get at that point to pull out the win. It was a great fight.

Reminds me of years ago when Julio Cezar Chaves fought Meldrick Taylor. Taylor pounded him for 11 1/2 rounds the Chavez pummeled him for the win. Fight was stopped with just a few seconds to go.

It ain't over till the final bell rings. Make a mistake with Silva and you will pay.

Sonnen isn't and never will be a BJJ guy. He gave up putting hooks in so he could ride Silva on purpose. If you listened to the commentary, Rogan explained why.

Chael's bread and butter is and will be wrestling and its a damn shame he got sloppy (read: tired) and left his arm out for the triangle.

Great card. I don't think there'll be one that good again for a while.