• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ugliest 338 ever?

learjet

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2008
frederick, md
gun002.jpg

hehe, my 338 rum in a junk bin wood stock(pillar bedded of course), 28" mcgowen, recoil pad out of a junk box that doesnt fit the stock, badger rings some dipwad painted then sold cause they cerrakoted the bearing surfaces(PITA to remove, but cheap), SS10XHD

muzzle brake install this week, shoot her soon! finally!

waitin on Stockade stock, but gotta shoot it now!

Re: ugliest 338 ever?

You know, if you shot it a few times without a muzzle break that would be a pretty impressive thing to add to your man card
wink.gif

rip off the stock and replace it then it would be a little nicer looking. Just my opinion.

If it shoots, the heck with what it looks like or where the parts come from. I would be interested on accuracy after you get it to the range, more because I am curious how that McGowen barrel shoots. I have had some interesting experiences with them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeeDubya</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know, if you shot it a few times without a muzzle break that would be a pretty impressive thing to add to your man card
wink.gif
</div></div>

Especially with that stock...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeeDubya</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know, if you shot it a few times without a muzzle break that would be a pretty impressive thing to add to your man card
wink.gif
</div></div>

My buddy took his dad's Ruger in .338 RUM to the range a couple weeks back. No muzzle brake, standard contour barrel, light. Needless to say after 2 rounds I had enough. This was after 80 rounds of .308 but that thing definitely didn't tickle.