• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing ugly flutes

TravisB

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2009
Harrisburg, North Carolina
I got my gun back from the smith last week. The flutes I had him cut on the barrel looks like he chewed them out instead of cut them. I think he used a very dull bit on it. Do yall have any suggestions on how to fix it.

Re: ugly flutes

Group+2+com.jpg

smile.gif

A dowel rod a few inches long and some 320 wet R dry paper from the auto supply is one way to get them out. But it takes a LOT of elbow grease. Keep the paper wet so it doesn't load up on you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">easier fix....have the smith rework it </div></div>

F--- that, if they are that bad, have him get you a new barrel and take the work to another smith!

I have an even better picture of an ugly flute but I dont think Id get away with posting it here.