• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FF_T_Warren

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2010
Louisiana, United States
ok guys I need some help, big time.
I bedded the action of my rifle. I used the acraglass stuff, I believe thats what its called.
I taped everything and filling in all the holes everything before doing it. I painted on the release agent all on the stock and thoroughly sprayed the barrel down with a silicone spray several times.

I cannot get the barrel off the stock. What can I do? What are some tricks to try. the excess had no trouble coming off the barrel but that thing will not come out the stock. can yall help me out here?

Thanks, Trey

Re: UH OH

what have you done to try to remove the barrel from the stock. I still remember the first one I did which was my LTR. After finishing and letting it sit for a day I could'nt remove the barrel from the stock. I ended up bringing it to an old gunny rangemaster who was a bench shooter. He told me if I was faint at heart, I may not want to watch! He then proceeded to grasp the rear of the stock and strike the bottom of my barrel against a phone book on his desk and it popped right off. May not be the perfect way but its always worked like a charm!
P.S. Make sure you removed both bottom screws. I've seen that happen before also. Good Luck.

Have you given it a good whack yet or just trying to pull the action from the stock?

The freezer trick works (if you have a big enough freezer)
I have had luck with a hair dryer....
heat the action barrel till it's hot.... then let it cool and try again,
usually the differnece in expansion/contraction of the metal and wood/synthetic will help it pop loose...YMMV

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keithtb1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what have you done to try to remove the barrel from the stock. I still remember the first one I did which was my LTR. After finishing and letting it sit for a day I could'nt remove the barrel from the stock. I ended up bringing it to an old gunny rangemaster who was a bench shooter. He told me if I was faint at heart, I may not want to watch! He then proceeded to grasp the rear of the stock and strike the bottom of my barrel against a phone book on his desk and it popped right off. May not be the perfect way but its always worked like a charm!
P.S. Make sure you removed both bottom screws. I've seen that happen before also. Good Luck. </div></div>

there was no effect on the gun from doing this?

No effect. The barrel pulled clean and went right back in. It was the initial removal thats always the hardest. Also I'm not talking an over the head swing
smile.gif
just a nice downward strike from about 15 inches above and straight down. Good luck.

Wait, why did you paint on release agent on the stock, and what kind of "silicon spray" did you use on the barreled action.

Some sprays not intended for bedding release won't work contrary to what you read on the internet.

Did you tape the lug? You could have a mechanical lock going on somewhere.

Your only hope if to salvage the stock is to whack it like stated above.

And I was just going to suggest he videotape it for us. Glad someone mentioned no overhead swing, I could almost picture that before it happened.

Glad it worked, this is a great place for help.

Topstrap