• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Uhh Arken has NV

TheBigCountry

Green Weenie
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2013
    Looks like Arken jumped into the NV market with a Day/Night scope

Very tempting for the price

Who’s has hands on it?

• Wow
    Reactions: JS8588
    Should be available the beginning of the year. We are accepting g preorders
    Feel free to give us a call 516-217-1000

So I preordered one and I found out afterwards it doesn’t have a lrf. Will my version be able to add the lrf afterwards? Or should I just cancel my preorder.

Reactions: FuhQ
    So I preordered one and I found out afterwards it doesn’t have a lrf. Will my version be able to add the lrf afterwards? Or should I just cancel my preorder.
    Same here... I emailed them about it, because all the videos online showed a LRF model, so I thought that was how all of them were. Now I'm waiting to hear back from them about possibly cancelling the order until they have the LRF models available. 🤦🏼

Reactions: K2e2vin
    Same here... I emailed them about it, because all the videos online showed a LRF model, so I thought that was how all of them were. Now I'm waiting to hear back from them about possibly cancelling the order until they have the LRF models available. 🤦🏼
    Why is the lack of LRF a killer? And LRF meaning laser range finder?

Why is the lack of LRF a killer? And LRF meaning laser range finder?
    It's not entirely, but I wanted an LRF version, and expected it to be, because almost ALL the videos online show the LRF version, so it makes you think that was standard fare, and that there was only 1 model, not 2 (with & without LRF). I really like the fact you can use the ballistic app, input your data, and then it connects with the Zulus app, and transfers it to the scope, so it shows your drops on the scope with your load/rifle. That was one of the whole reasons I wanted it, because it did that, and it was inexpensive for a knock-around NV optic.

It's not, but I wanted an LRF version. I really like the fact you can use the ballistic app, input your data, and then it connects with the Zulus app, and transfers it to the scope, so it shows your drops on the scope with your load/rifle. That was one of the whole reasons I wanted it, because it did that, and it was inexpensive for a knock-around NV optic.
    I may still try it. It shows promise but I’ll let others be a beta tester for it first.

I may still try it. It shows promise but I’ll let others be a beta tester for it first.
    For $500 i'm not expecting it to be super amazing, but the videos online showed it looked pretty damn good for the money. And I figured it would be something cheap (inexpensive) to toss on my 16" .300 BLK AR that I pretty much never shoot anymore because I have several compact .300 BLK pistols now that I prefer to shoot, it would breath some new life into it as a coyote/varmint rifle.

For $500 i'm not expecting it to be super amazing, but for something cheap to toss on my 16" .300 BLK AR that I pretty much never shoot anymore because I have several compact .300 BLK pistols now, it would breath some new life into it as a coyote/varmint rifle.
    I’ll use it on everything including my AI lol ain’t no shame

Reactions: lash and krw
    I’ll use it on everything including my AI lol ain’t no shame
    Well, I also purchased an AGM Rattler TS50-640 thermal for my Christensen Arms MPR 16" 6mm ARC for coyotes. I figured nice rifle that I shoot a lot, put on a nice thermal. AR that I haven't shot in well over a year...Cheap NV. 🤷🏼

• Haha
    Reactions: TheBigCountry
    I saw that when they were advertising their price increase. I'm still waiting on (3rd party) comparisons but yeah I've been looking for something cheap to throw on my 6.5G AR that currently has a Vortex 5x. I'm moving back to the southeast so may just stick with a thermal anyways.

Last edited:
    I've contacted them about the LRF and upgraded IR illuminator and they have no time line as to when they will be available.

What is neat about the LRF is that with ballistic data it will automatically show adjusted POI hold on the crosshair.

A different brand but very similar is the Pard NV008S LRF. I have one but the newer Arken unit has better spec's.

Those video reviews do look impressive at the price point. I’d definitely wait on upgraded illuminator and LRF. That would be worth a $500 gamble. I’ve been very satisfied with my EP5’s for what they are. Realistically, there’s gonna be problems with QC when you’re pricing like this and dealing with Chyna.
    Personally though, when I have had to return a scope, the process was easy, quick and they covered the ride.

I wonder how this will compare to the AGM neith sensor wise
    I cancelled my Arken Zulus order because of lack of LRF. I will probably order one of these for a cheap NV optic. Plus, it's also AGM, and very smilier to my Rattler TS50-640 in both buttons and function menus, so it will be nice to have 2 optics that are similar, which will mean less learning curve for each. LOL

I cancelled my Arken Zulus order because of lack of LRF. I will probably order one of these for a cheap NV optic. Plus, it's also AGM, and very smilier to my Rattler TS50-640 in both buttons and function menus, so it will be nice to have 2 optics that are similar, which will mean less learning curve for each. LOL
    Biggest difference I see is 2.5x vs 5x base mag
    Wonder if 5x is too high for the woods.

Ordered the AGM Neith from Midway USA. Will report on it when I get it in and get a chance to set it up and sight it in. Very interesting optic for the price. It will be great for a short-range (sub-250 yd) NV optic from the videos I've seen. You could run it farther (brighter/better image clarity) with a much stronger external IR light. I might opt for one, but I'll figure that out once I use it and see how It's probably going to end up on 16" .300 BLK AR, but I might for fun toss it on my 16" Ruger American Ranch .300 BLK for some super quiet hog hunting fun.

Reactions: Ernest 5.56
    Ordered the AGM Neith from Midway USA. Will report on it when I get it in and get a chance to set it up and sight it in. Very interesting optic for the price. It will be great for a short-range (sub-250 yd) NV optic from the videos I've seen. You could run it farther (brighter/better image clarity) with a much stronger external IR light. I might opt for one, but I'll figure that out once I use it and see how It's probably going to end up on 16" .300 BLK AR, but I might for fun toss it on my 16" Ruger American Ranch .300 BLK for some super quiet hog hunting fun.

I think it's awesome that it takes 18650. I've used this brand for years
    Nitecore 18650

Was looking at the manual looks like agm sell an upgraded mount too
    Screenshot_20231205_231638_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I think it's awesome that it takes 18650. I've used this brand for years
    Nitecore 18650

Was looking at the manual looks like agm sell an upgraded mount too
    View attachment 8289633
    You shouldn't need an upgraded mount. The Neith (and all AGM thermals) now come standard with an ADM (American Defense Manufacturing) Return-To-Zero mount. Those are damn-nice (and expensive) mounts. I've had an ADM mount for one of my Holosuns for years, and it's solid as a rock, and returns to zero after removing, and then reinstalling it. 👍🏼

But, I suppose if someone wanted a double-lever mount, that would be the best one to get. Might end up having to get one of those anyway for putting it on my Ruger, since the pic rail is short on the bolt action, so thanks for posting that.

Last edited:
    My AGM Neith NV scope came in today... I'm pretty impressed for the price... I'll upload a youtube video this weekend and start a whole new thread for it.

IMG_3291.jpeg
    IMG_3265.jpegIMG_3282.jpegIMG_3280.jpeg

Here's a couple of screenshots from messing with it tonight figuring out how to use it... They're not max resolution, since they're screenshots, but I'll post a youtube video sometime this weekend with video footage. The first photo is a pontoon boat that's about 200-250 yards away, and the house is across the water and it about 100-150 yards away. They were both taken using the factory IR that's built-in, and with the "Smart-IR" feature turned on in the scope.

IMG_3273.jpeg
    IMG_3277.jpeg

Here's a [not so] quick YouTube video I made of the new AGM Neith DS32-4MP sitting on a table-top tripod and overlooking the lake Friday night... More action and shooting videos to come.

Huh, interesting. I dont hate this, id stuff it on a 22, but at that pricepoint if it keeps its zero, and works as good as they say it does, it might be worth the couch coins.

It seems this is comparable to the Arken then?
    If Arken adds a LRF and keeps the price the same then that’s worth checking out. It’ll be $500 on sale probably.
    Either way, both look good 200 and closer. Usable farther out for sure though.

It seems this is comparable to the Arken then?
    If Arken adds a LRF and keeps the price the same then that’s worth checking out. It’ll be $500 on sale probably.
    Either way, both look good 200 and closer. Usable farther out for sure though.
    They just announced a new model with a LRF for $700 after the 25% off.
    "Uhh Arken has NV"

And WaWa has Pizza.
    IYKYK

The Zulus is still much lower resolution than the Neith... The Neith is 2560x1440 with a 25Hz frame rate. The Zulus is only 1920x1080 with a 60Hz frame rate. The only thing the Arken has better is the 60 Hz frame rate... But if you don't have the resolution to back it up, then what good is a better frame rate? Short answer...It's not, and the image quality will still be lower, you'll just be able to see the lower resolution image faster when you pan the scope around. 🤣 At that point it's just a "bell & whistle" selling point to the uninformed.

This was one of the biggest reasons I went with the AGM over the Arken... Not to mention AGM's rep for quality and made in the USA, compared to the Arken chinese stuff. The LRF was initially one, but the more I dug into the specs, the less I could justify the Zulus. The pictures and videos speak for themselves, compared to the Zulus videos I've seen online. You will notice an immediate difference in image quality of the Neith, despite the higher frame rate of the Arken.

Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 11.07.23 PM.png

Reactions: Jgunner
    The Zulus is still much lower resolution than the Neith... The Neith is 2560x1440 with a 25Hz frame rate. The Zulus is only 1920x1080 with a 60Hz frame rate. The only thing the Arken has better is the 60 Hz frame rate... But if you don't have the resolution to back it up, then what good is a better frame rate? Short answer...It's not, and the image quality will still be lower, you'll just be able to see the lower resolution image faster when you pan the scope around. 🤣 At that point it's just a "bell & whistle" selling point to the uninformed.

This was one of the biggest reasons I went with the AGM over the Arken... Not to mention AGM's rep for quality and made in the USA, compared to the Arken chinese stuff. The LRF was initially one, but the more I dug into the specs, the less I could justify the Zulus. The pictures and videos speak for themselves, compared to the Zulus videos I've seen online. You will notice an immediate difference in image quality of the Neith, despite the higher frame rate of the Arken.

View attachment 8295177
    I live in az and they said call ahead but come on over any time and play with their gear! I thought that was cool, in case i wanted to purchase one from them.

I live in az and they said call ahead but come on over any time and play with their gear! I thought that was cool, in case i wanted to purchase one from them.
    Everything I’ve ever heard about them has been the same. I can tell you this… Both my Neith and Rattler TS50-640 have exceeded my expectations. 👍🏼

Lol

Everything I’ve ever heard about them has been the same. I can tell you this… Both my Neith and Rattler TS50-640 have exceeded my expectations. 👍🏼
    I have a halo lr, but want a clipon. Ive thpught about going there with the halo and putting it up against their best.

I have a halo lr, but want a clipon. Ive thpught about going there with the halo and putting it up against their best.
    Having looked through almost every AGM product, even the old Halo LR trounces AGM's finest.
    The BAE core is awesome and that's what your paying for with Nvis products.
    iRay 640's and pulsar 1024 res scopes with super HD displays are coming close though, but your also paying more for that image quality too.
    I use an Adder 384 scope as my backup and the Fuzion 640 and TM384 as spotters.

Having looked through almost every AGM product, even the old Halo LR trounces AGM's finest.
    The BAE core is awesome and that's what your paying for with Nvis products.
    iRay 640's and pulsar 1024 res scopes with super HD displays are coming close though, but your also paying more for that image quality too.
    I use an Adder 384 scope as my backup and the Fuzion 640 and TM384 as spotters.
    I figured. Thats why i have thw halo, but looking to add to my collection with a clipon, for the right price and quality. Doesbt have to beat the halo, as i just want it on an ar, but close would be fine

View attachment 8295177
    Made in US. That’s impressive. I realize the parts are may be sourced but that’s inevitable at that price. Never really looked into them just familiar with the brand.

I figured. Thats why i have thw halo, but looking to add to my collection with a clipon, for the right price and quality. Doesbt have to beat the halo, as i just want it on an ar, but close would be fine
    Well... I don't know if this helps, and I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it, and recorded it (there will be video footage of it in my first review video of the Rattler), but there was a plane flying WAY far away last night when I took it outside, so far away I could barely see the flashing lights with the naked eye. I thought WTF, I'll see if this thing will pickup the heat signurate from the engines from that far away... It did. As the plane makes it's bank to the right, there are moments when you can cleanly see that the image is a plane, a not a big blob or blur. Blew my mind!

View attachment 8295177

You might want to look a little deeper. According to this infromation from Sony their STARVIS 2 sensor has "
    Effective pixels2608 × 1964 (H x V), approx. 5.12 megapixels
    "
    The 1920x1080 is the resolution that is displayed to the user.

You might want to look a little deeper. According to this infromation from Sony their STARVIS 2 sensor has "
    Effective pixels2608 × 1964 (H x V), approx. 5.12 megapixels
    "
    The 1920x1080 is the resolution that is displayed to the user.
    Well…What you see is kind of the important part… I would think… if you’ve got a 4K sensor but your display is only 720p, you’re only seeing 720p… So, your sensor resolution wouldn’t really matter much at that point, right?

Well…What you see is kind of the important part… I would think… if you’ve got a 4K sensor but your display is only 720p, you’re only seeing 720p… So, your sensor resolution wouldn’t really matter much at that point, right?

I understand what you are saying. But since the Arken has a higher resolution sensor but both have the same "1920×1080 OLED display" at least according to the AGM users manual.

I understand what you are saying. But since the Arken has a higher resolution sensor but both have the same "1920×1080 OLED display" at least according to the AGM users manual.
    True. I’m curious to see how they stack up. I wonder if the AGM has sharper images and picks up cleaner at distance because of the better (2560x1440) sensor, despite the same display resolution.

I ordered a agm neith from b&h photo as i had a gift card, comes with a free insulated water bottle lol. Once i get it ill try to post a review on a separate thread . Should have it tomorrow or saturday. I plan on using it for critter control at my ranch, stuff on a 22. If i like it enough i might try it for coyote on an ar, see how it does. At this pricepoint i dont expect to like it, i just hope it stays zero'd and works, doesnt have to be amazing.

Reactions: FuhQ and DIBBS
    Just like the Garmin Xero, I have waited years for the right product to come along. So I will wait a little longer for the LRF version to arrive in the US hopefully. But I have a 16" 300BLK that will pair great with this, or maybe my 16" .308 AR10. Don't use either one that much.

I ordered a agm neith from b&h photo as i had a gift card, comes with a free insulated water bottle lol. Once i get it ill try to post a review on a separate thread . Should have it tomorrow or saturday. I plan on using it for critter control at my ranch, stuff on a 22. If i like it enough i might try it for coyote on an ar, see how it does. At this pricepoint i dont expect to like it, i just hope it stays zero'd and works, doesnt have to be amazing.
    For the price, I think you'll find it impressive. I wasn't expecting a ton until I had a chance to actually get it setup and got the objective and diopter tuned to my eyes, and then it was quite amazing. You can post up in my AGM Neith thread I started the other day. It's an open thread for discussion and people to post their experiences and pictures and videos and stuff in. Sort of like how I did my big Arken thread a few years ago. 👍🏼

Also, another big plus of the Neith, is that it comes standard equipment with an ADM (American Defense Mfg.) return-to-zero locking QD mount. Those mounts are $175-200 by themselves if you buy them separate. It's solid, and I really like the adjustable tension so you can tune it to your pic rail.

Reactions: Jgunner and DIBBS