• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ultimatum Deadline Shouldered Prefits

-Time-

Mediocre Marksman
Minuteman
May 6, 2017
Anyone with a deadline gotten one done? Is there a tenon spec out there for drop ins?

I’m looking to move to shouldered barrels with wrench flats so I don’t have to pull the rifle apart to swap barrels.

Thanks!

If you read the manual, I wouldThink the tolerance should be tight enough. But, I’m no gunsmith.

Attachments

• B774E277-B8A8-40F6-A9D5-8FFE3F667B67.png
    B774E277-B8A8-40F6-A9D5-8FFE3F667B67.png
    509.5 KB · Views: 80
I had the manual open and I still missed it, I’m a dumbass. Thank you!
There is one measurement missing you'd need for a shouldered pre fit. I tried to get one spun up by Keystone and when I asked Deadline for it they gave a range of measurements and stated they didn't advise a barrel be made without the action in hand.

Both of my Deadline actions (One low SN, and one more recent) headspace the same between actions, bolts, and boltheads.

You could always send your action off once to a good gunsmith that would keep your measurements on file.

Both of my Deadline actions (One low SN, and one more recent) headspace the same between actions, bolts, and boltheads.

You could always send your action off once to a good gunsmith that would keep your measurements on file.
Gonna end up sending it to PVA I think, I was hoping to avoid having to ship the action but oh well. If you have the numbers and don’t mind PM’ing me what the measurements were for the low s/n action was it’d be much appreciated, I have sub s/n 230.

There is one measurement missing you'd need for a shouldered pre fit. I tried to get one spun up by Keystone and when I asked Deadline for it they gave a range of measurements and stated they didn't advise a barrel be made without the action in hand.
Interesting. Hopefully we can get some data piled up to get drop in prefits made for deadlines at some point then. I can’t imagine ultimatum would hold tolerances that wouldn’t headspace from one action to another.

My low SN# is in the low 050's...pretty early model, that is still my main match rig. My smith has always used the provided tenon print in the manual...nothing fancy.

Reactions: -Time-