• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ultimatum Deuce 22LR

littlepod

Minuteman
  • Oct 16, 2012
    Kirkland, WA
    instagram.com

Annnd here she is! The brand new Ultimatum Deuce!

Our brand new precision .22 LR action, based on the M700 footprint, 3 lug bolt, 60° lift, with that same BUTTERY SMOOTH cycling that you all know and love from our Deadline actions. Integrated recoil lug, and comes standard with a 20moa rail. ?
    Perfect companion as a trainer rifle to your centerfire competition rifle, or if you want to be a cut above the competition at your @nrl22.official matches. ?

MSRP $1599.99 USD for a barreled action paired with an IBI Olympic Grade match barrel. ??? OR $1199.99 USD for the action only.

Maybe it’s just me but that doesn’t look the right size for a Vudoo.
    BD805C8B-00EC-4CE8-9FC5-6383DF250227.jpeg

Nice Action, I have been debating purchasing a much nicer 22lr this year, I have a CZ 452 left handed but I find myself taking my Ruger 10/22 rifle most of the time when I shoot 22lr since I'm a fan of the 10/22 magazines. Cheap enough you could load a bunch of them before you even go to the range to shoot.

Nice Action, I have been debating purchasing a much nicer 22lr this year, I have a CZ 452 left handed but I find myself taking my Ruger 10/22 rifle most of the time when I shoot 22lr since I'm a fan of the 10/22 magazines. Cheap enough you could load a bunch of them before you even go to the range to shoot.

If you like using your 10/22 mags so much, look at the Christensen Range 22 then.

Well if this IG post is accurate then it will be a game changer

edit: littlepod pointed out the 999.00 is for the DeFacto not the Deuce.
    1FB94C11-41F1-48BF-8F2A-0B6027587CDF.png

Last edited:
    The IG post I saw was $1599 for barreled action so, not sure what this has better than a vudoo but I’m sure someone that is hooked on the 60 degree bolt throw will say it’s better.. like anything else how accurate is it.

Yep! time to pick up that 6cm/6.5cm that I've been wanting to do instead of worrying about rebarelling my T3X 308 CTR. I was about to buy a used 6.5cm CTR from the PX, but this takes the cake!

What would be the difference between the Deuce and the Vudoo actions? I'd like to step up from the RPRF, but not sure which direction to go with at this point. A friend at the show said the Ruger bolt action takedown is a no-go. New trigger is needed, which makes sense, but I was hoping to just swap out the action with my 1022 takedown parts I have currently.

Jerry

Curious to hear how this Ultimatum barreled action works out.

I'm a bit iffy on IBI barrels. The initial reports of their centerfire barrels from sources I trusted showed poor quality control, and the rimfire examples I see here on SH have also shown poor quality. And I'm not sure who is certifying this barrel as "Olympic grade match barrel", sounds like a snake oil pitch.

I hope it's a better combination then I'm expecting - if so, it may make for a compelling action. Ultimatum and IBI, please prove me wrong!

I have an IBI barrel on my rimfire, and so far no real complaints about it. I have seen 1 barrel that had some rough finish on the feed ramp, but the other reports on the IBI barrels have been pretty solid.

The Ultimatum Deadline action comes with an IBI barrel, how has that been faring? I haven't kept up with the Deadline but I hear it's a pretty silky smooth action. If they took that technology and put it into their Deuce, then it should be pretty darn good. The RimX was interesting, but still using the 2-lug 90 degree throw and not the new 3-lug designs seen in Vudoo's new benchrest rifle, or the Ultimatum Deuce.

I really like this except for the scope base.... Why would they not make it full picc or at least leave a gap in the center instead of solid. It eliminates most 1 piece mounts

I have an IBI barrel on my rimfire, and so far no real complaints about it. I have seen 1 barrel that had some rough finish on the feed ramp, but the other reports on the IBI barrels have been pretty solid.

The Ultimatum Deadline action comes with an IBI barrel, how has that been faring? I haven't kept up with the Deadline but I hear it's a pretty silky smooth action. If they took that technology and put it into their Deuce, then it should be pretty darn good. The RimX was interesting, but still using the 2-lug 90 degree throw and not the new 3-lug designs seen in Vudoo's new benchrest rifle, or the Ultimatum Deuce.

Your barrel is shooting very good!

I'm a bit iffy on IBI barrels. The initial reports of their centerfire barrels from sources I trusted showed poor quality control, and the rimfire examples I see here on SH have also shown poor quality. And I'm not sure who is certifying this barrel as "Olympic grade match barrel", sounds like a snake oil pitch.

I hope it's a better combination then I'm expecting - if so, it may make for a compelling action. Ultimatum and IBI, please prove me wrong!

The reason why they say IBI has “Olympic grade barrels” is because they have a paralympian who shoots their barrels in competitions and their barrels are chambered using the Eley match reamer. Which if you know anything about 22lr Ammo Tenex is one of the most accurate 22lr ammo you can buy and has won many Olympic/Paralympic and World Cup titles. Definitely not snake oil salesmanship.

Reactions: Ryan.Johnson
    We'll see barrel makers offer more .22 barrels soon enough. OEM today, custom actions tomorrow, barrels next week. The demand is there, money is waiting to be spent.

On a side note, this .22lr rimfire explosion might be very good for gun rights. .22lr is very inclusive. Especially when you add a suppressor. Low recoil, low noise and relative low cost makes for an enjoyable environment. Take a friend .22lr shooting!

Care to identify your sources on IBI? ive talked with a LOT of people on them, not a single issue came up.

Having handled this, then running around the corner to the Rim-X, by feel and feature list alone, id lean heavily towards the Deuce. Very impressive action in hand.

Reactions: TheUnconquered
    Care to identify your sources on IBI? ive talked with a LOT of people on them, not a single issue came up.

A few gunsmiths, one I really trust, among other sources. The earlier barrels showed issues with the stress relieving process, as they would walk as they heated up. Weren't very good shooters either.

However, apparently those issues have been fixed. Lots of people seem happy these days with IBI barrels, though no one I personally know and trust has handled a recent one, so I haven't been able to corroborate. PGW has also apparently started using their barrels, for what that's worth.

With the great quality barrels available with a great track record, I have a hard time making a leap of faith to IBI. Others seem perfectly happy with them.

I wouldn't let what I say prevent you from getting an IBI if you want the barrel and trust what people you know are telling you. I personally see no reason to get one over a Bartlein, Brux, Kreiger, Hawkhill, etc. Doesn't mean that you shouldn't though.

I'm not so much on the "up and up" on rimfire barrels. Perhaps the IBI ones are top tier in that category. Some of the pictures on here of people's IBI rimfire barrels show some really rough machining on the feed ramps, which to me is disappointing. But maybe that's typical of rimfire barrels.

I am interested in this Deuce barreled action, if the reports on it are good then I would certainly consider it.

If the performance is good, it sounds like a good option.

IBI and Ultimatum's company are right next to each other (Both in Chilliwack, BC) which allows them to really tune and align their barrels perfectly to the actions. Eventually US companies will get some sample actions and be able to make good prefits, but until there's enough Deuce actions in the hands of Bartlein, Krieger, etc... it looks like IBI will be what I would trust the most.

Additionally, as a first-hand experience, I have an IBI barrel for my Tikka T1X and it runs very well in terms of accuracy. I have had issues with the Tikka extractor pulling out tight match ammo, but after changing my extractor claw, all is well. They've been very helpful with customer service, but there are complexities with shipping back and forth to Canada.

I'm having just a bit of a hard time understanding why so many here are touting the advantage of pre-fit .22RF bbls. The typical lifetime of a .22LR bbl - especially with std vel match ammo - is bound to be well over 50k rounds. I can see why guys who're shooting CF hot rod 6mm rounds would find the availability of pre-fits attractive...but what's the draw where .22RF pre-fits are concerned?

Reactions: Tiger_Shilone
    I'm having just a bit of a hard time understanding why so many here are touting the advantage of pre-fit .22RF bbls. The typical lifetime of a .22LR bbl - especially with std vel match ammo - is bound to be well over 50k rounds. I can see why guys who're shooting CF hot rod 6mm rounds would find the availability of pre-fits attractive...but what's the draw where .22RF pre-fits are concerned?

What do you mean? We don't have local machinists that will cut the tenon / extractor cuts to these local actions. So I need to buy something that's going to fit my action.

What do you mean? We don't have local machinists that will cut the tenon / extractor cuts to these local actions. So I need to buy something that's going to fit my action.

They dont need to be local....?
    And once tennon specs are released, and good smith will be able to do barrels.

If you put In A lot of practice with the 22 it’s not that hard to wear a barrel out. 50k and still holding tight groups? Unlikely. I’d bet you’ll only get half that.

If you put In A lot of practice with the 22 it’s not that hard to wear a barrel out. 50k and still holding tight groups? Unlikely. I’d bet you’ll only get half that.

I've heard experienced NRA smallbore shooters talk about getting more than 50,000rds out of a good barrel. I'd expect a good cut-rifled bbl like a Bartlein or Krieger to go at least that far, probably farther. Might depend on how often a shooter cleans the bore, and how often it's shot suppressed. I bought a new Anschutz 2011 a few years ago, and was seeing signs of very slight abrasion from the priming compound on the lower part of the bore within a couple of hundred rounds. However, I'm not seeing anything like that in the Kriegers or the single Bartlein on my V22s & 40XB repeater. Time will tell, but my .22 shooting is spread over several rifles, and though I've been shooting pretty regularly (IOW - as often as i can) over the past four years since I built my 1st precision repeater on a Stiller 2500XR, I've gone through only about three cases of SK & Lapua ammo.

Reactions: D_TROS
    I've heard experienced NRA smallbore shooters talk about getting more than 50,000rds out of a good barrel. I'd expect a good cut-rifled bbl like a Bartlein or Krieger to go at least that far, probably farther. Might depend on how often a shooter cleans the bore, and how often it's shot suppressed. I bought a new Anschutz 2011 a few years ago, and was seeing signs of very slight abrasion from the priming compound on the lower part of the bore within a couple of hundred rounds. However, I'm not seeing anything like that in the Kriegers or the single Bartlein on my V22s & 40XB repeater. Time will tell, but my .22 shooting is spread over several rifles, and though I've been shooting pretty regularly (IOW - as often as i can) over the past four years since I built my 1st precision repeater on a Stiller 2500XR, I've gone through only about three cases of SK & Lapua ammo.
    I’ll likely be putting about 200 rounds a week for the next4 Years on the newDuece action with an IBI barrel. I typically take a shot every 35 seconds when shooting. That’s over 40k over that time period. I’ll let you know how it goes. I hope you’re right. ?

If you've strolled over to Lilja's FAQ page you'll find this comment about RF barrel life...

"The best life can be expected from the 22 long rifle barrels with 5000-10,000 accurate rounds to be expected. We have in our shop one our drop-in Anschutz barrels that has 200,000 rounds through it and the shooter, a competitive small-bore shooter reported that it had just quit shooting."

Winchester used cut rifling in their 52's. I own several 52's from two pre A's to a couple C's. The C's will shoot a 6x5 in the .8's. The A's are in the upper .9's. My oldest A is 94 years old, my newest C is 64 years old. It'd be fair to guess their well beyond the 5-10k range. So better than 50k rounds and still a sub 1" rifle at 100 yards. I'd take that bet with a good cut rifled barrel.

All that being said, I like the advent of drop in barrels. It makes it easy to upgrade and given the performance of Sako's quad (one of my best shooting .22's) the tolerances can be kept tight enough to maintain match level of accuracy.

It's a great time to shoot .22's.

With the Vudoo you're going to get a Barreled action with a proven track record of performance. More so than most barreled action solutions (centerfire). They have set the bar for execution.

The Deuce looks cool and it's awesome to see these new .22LR actions but right now we really have no idea how it's going to perform in reliability, feeding, and how the barrels are going to work. If you're not a big rimfire nerd who wants to test new stuff out just buy a used V22 barreled action from the PX.

I have a V22 and I pre-ordered a Zermatt RimX the first chance I got. Mainly because I'm a huge fan of Bighorn. But I'm not going to sell my Vudoo for a while if I do at all. If you haven't tried to get a quality, top of the line rimfire barrel blank I'll just fill you in. It's not easy. I pre-ordered a Proof Prefit for the Rim X and ordered a Shilen Ratchet rifled blank for my gunsmith to chamber later on. I'm expecting 6 months or more to get the Shilen. The Proof is just to hold me over until then. I'm skeptical that it will be a bughole shooting barrel but at least you can buy a prefit for the RimX already. No idea what is available for the Duece.
    How do you get on the pre order list?

If you like using your 10/22 mags so much, look at the Christensen Range 22 then.

LittlePod,
    I'm about to sell two Ruger bolt guns because I hate the Ruger mags. Is their a better rotary mag out there?

Shawn

What would be the difference between the Deuce and the Vudoo actions? I'd like to step up from the RPRF, but not sure which direction to go with at this point. A friend at the show said the Ruger bolt action takedown is a no-go. New trigger is needed, which makes sense, but I was hoping to just swap out the action with my 1022 takedown parts I have currently.

Jerry

Jerry,
    You cant even say Ruger and Vudoo in the same sentence. I have no idea what you use your RPRR for but If you would like to step up without going straight to V22, I would suggest you buy a CZ 457 MTR and A Trijicon 5-50x56 scope from B&H camera. You can buy the scope with 12 months of zero interest. You can also test drive it for thirty day's and return it for refund if you don't like it.
    In the future you can put that glass on any rifle you get. For $15.00 shipped , I will send you a kit with springs, moly lube and 3 and 9 micron lapping film for the 457 trigger. The 457 unit is so simple that virtually anybody can do the job and get a crisp, safe 10 oz. trigger pull.
    The large surface of the trigger sear keeps it flat and prevents you from doing a bad job. I think that if you ask around, people will agree that you should get a new bolt knob for the CZ. The AREA 419 knob is very nice, it adds length and leverage and the shape while at first a little funny looking feels great in the fingers. I strongly suggest that you get the 419 rail because it clamps onto the dove tails and wont marr your receiver.

I voiced my concerns to Bob at DIP because his rail uses set screws to push against the receiver as does the bscar rail because I felt that type of rail would leave divots in my gun. He said to put number eight lead shot under the set screws. He also said that soft tipped set screws will come loose. I think it is a good idea but for me sooner or later during my cleanings, I'm going to let the shot drop out.
    My MTR shoots so well that I bought a Trijicon for it as well as my V22.

My 457 At-One is stuck with a Athlon Cronus. The ARES is nice too but I would not go below those two in quality.

I looked at a Ruger take down because I like the idea of it.... On the one that I looked at, you could not tighten the bbl. enough to keep the wobble out of it. To my way of thinking, it could never be very accurate because the bbl. is separate from the action and scope.

Hope this helps...
    Shawn

Attachments

• DSC00100.JPG
      DSC00100.JPG
      325.8 KB · Views: 149
    • DSC00101.JPG
      DSC00101.JPG
      286.7 KB · Views: 173
    • DSC00102.JPG
      DSC00102.JPG
      310.4 KB · Views: 148
    • DSC00103.JPG
      DSC00103.JPG
      307 KB · Views: 148
    • DSC00108.JPG
      DSC00108.JPG
      332.1 KB · Views: 177
    • DSC00072.JPG
      DSC00072.JPG
      210.5 KB · Views: 117
    • DSC00132.JPG
      DSC00132.JPG
      234.7 KB · Views: 129
    • DSC00117.JPG
      DSC00117.JPG
      320.2 KB · Views: 134
    • Sako Quad Scope Base 100.00.jpg
      Sako Quad Scope Base 100.00.jpg
      7 KB · Views: 132
    • DSC09885.JPG
      DSC09885.JPG
      314 KB · Views: 137
    Last edited:

So at .20 cents a round times 25K shots equals.... $5000.00
    I wish I didn't have to buy my ammo !! ;-)

No idea to be honest. I only enjoy shooting my bolt 22's.

Hello Pod,

Some local guy's get together and shoot and some times they want to shoot semi auto's. I wanted to try something different and got this Kriss Defiance just for that. I made some changes to make it a little more me buy using some parts from my .223. It had some feeding issues and it is doesn't like most decent ammo like SK. It does like CCI SV. I swapped out the firing pin spring and put in an adjustable JP FCG. I think all I have left to do is alter my safety so that
    I can get the trigger to have less engagement. I still have the original bbl. One of the selling points of this gun is that it will accept any Ruger 10/22 bbl. made. I was looking at KIDD 20" in S.S.

It is my only semi-auto.... and it is very likely that I wont be buying any other.
    Shooting my bolt guns are way more fun. They are also cheaper to shoot and more relaxing.

I just got this Sako Quad Range on Monday and I'm very pleased that I managed to get her from
    JimmyD in AK. Even with her temporary scope, she is wonderful to shoot.

My next gun I have ordered is this Kimber 82C. And if things go well a NIB 52B.

To keep me busy, Im looking at the new Zermatt. That may be my July B-day gift to myself.

Shawn

Attachments

• DSC00077.JPG
      DSC00077.JPG
      361.2 KB · Views: 84
    • DSC00076.JPG
      DSC00076.JPG
      380.8 KB · Views: 125
    • DSC00075.JPG
      DSC00075.JPG
      470.6 KB · Views: 108
    • DSC00091.JPG
      DSC00091.JPG
      282.6 KB · Views: 99
    • DSC00100.JPG
      DSC00100.JPG
      325.8 KB · Views: 95
    • DSC00146.JPG
      DSC00146.JPG
      368.9 KB · Views: 95
    • pix362770669.jpg
      pix362770669.jpg
      201.2 KB · Views: 184
    Hello Pod,

Some local guy's get together and shoot and some times they want to shoot semi auto's. I wanted to try something different and got this Kriss Defiance just for that. I made some changes to make it a little more me buy using some parts from my .223. It had some feeding issues and it is doesn't like most decent ammo like SK. It does like CCI SV. I swapped out the firing pin spring and put in an adjustable JP FCG. I think all I have left to do is alter my safety so that
    I can get the trigger to have less engagement. I still have the original bbl. One of the selling points of this gun is that it will accept any Ruger 10/22 bbl. made. I was looking at KIDD 20" in S.S.

It is my only semi-auto.... and it is very likely that I wont be buying any other.
    Shooting my bolt guns are way more fun. They are also cheaper to shoot and more relaxing.

I just got this Sako Quad Range on Monday and I'm very pleased that I managed to get her from

To keep me busy, Im looking at the new Zermatt. That may be my July B-day gift to myself.

Shawn

That's a lot of shooting! I'm now stuck on building out a new Ultimatum Deuce vs just buying a Vudoo. Deuce is an unknown quantity, I can get a barrel custom spun up and perfectly done, but still won't know if that's going to outshoot the Vudoo or not. If I have $2000 to spend on a BA, deciding which way to go.

Hello Pod,

Shawn

Shawn:

if you drop a Kidd barre in the Kriss Defiance, please post the results.
    I almost bought one but when I called them they said that “match” chambered barrels “might” not work and have feeding issues.

if they would have just sold the uppers for 3-400 I might have jumped on it either way.

Do the Deuce and let the rest of us know how it does. I ordered a Shilen ratchet rifled barrel 3 weeks ago and it already shipped. Pick a good barrel and use @padom 's reamer so we can compare

Any real reason to buy into the barrel nut way? Should I just cut a shouldered barrel, headspaced to .043? I could cut it with slightly less headspace and use .001 shims in case I do want to headspace down to Eley ammo, but I plan on only shooting Lapua/SK.

Any real reason to buy into the barrel nut way? Should I just cut a shouldered barrel, headspaced to .043? I could cut it with slightly less headspace and use .001 shims in case I do want to headspace down to Eley ammo, but I plan on only shooting Lapua/SK.
    Yes - with the barrel nut and adjustable pin protrusion, its easier set headspace to individual ammo types. Shims suck

I don't know. I saw their barrel nut and immediately thought, "That's either stupid or brilliant, and I'm not really sure which".. Guess it depends how much you want to spend the time and ammo to try to tune the gun to the ammo using varying headspace.
    I have 10,000 rounds of SK/Lapua that I've lot tested... so I'm going to stick with .043. I'll just go with shouldered.

That's a lot of shooting! I'm now stuck on building out a new Ultimatum Deuce vs just buying a Vudoo. Deuce is an unknown quantity, I can get a barrel custom spun up and perfectly done, but still won't know if that's going to outshoot the Vudoo or not. If I have $2000 to spend on a BA, deciding which way to go.

Hello Pod,
    Get the V22 for now with this hot Bix and Andy trigger. If the Zermatt works out and most likely it will you can sell the Vudoo.
    You may even keep them both like I would do. The B&A below is my next unit. I currently don't need to be concerned about any rules that may exist about having a safety. I think you would need one for NRL matches. What kind of scope are you looking at?

None of use are married to the guns we buy.

Shawn

Attachments

• Bix’n Andy Rem700 Benchrest Two Stage Trigger with free trigger shoe 405.00.png
      Bix’n Andy Rem700 Benchrest Two Stage Trigger with free trigger shoe 405.00.png
      220.6 KB · Views: 76
    Shawn:

if you drop a Kidd barre in the Kriss Defiance, please post the results.
    I almost bought one but when I called them they said that “match” chambered barrels “might” not work and have feeding issues.

if they would have just sold the uppers for 3-400 I might have jumped on it either way.

Hello Frank,
    I will be happy to post the results !! I too wish that they would sell just the upper. I spoke with the factory and they said that any ammo going over 1050 fps should function, but that is not what I have found.

My Kriss wont function with Wolf, SK red, SK yellow or SK long range. It does operate with CCI SV. Naturally, I want accuracy, it cant just function. To try and fix the firing issue, I changed the heavy factory spring rate to a much lighter one. The FP shown has been sanded off to promote a smooth sliding action. It would bind up slightly from the factory. I also tried a Geissele Super Semi-Automatic (SSA) trigger but that would fail too often. The short hammer seemed to hit the bolt catch. I feel like the biggest issue was a feeding problem. When the cartridge seated properly, even the SSA trigger worked in terms of power.
    For as often as I had to cock the gun, I would highly recommend a more comfortable charging handle latch. The one shown is rounded on all of the corners. I ran it without the latch for some time and that may be the best way of all. I put a JP adjustable trigger in her and the pull is still too long. I cant take it out as much as I would like because of interference with the safety. The factory FCG broke at nearly six lbs. and was super long and gritty. As near as I could tell, it was a standard mil-spec FCG. If I can tomorrow, I'm going to pull the safety out completely and readjust the FCG. If that works, I will have a friend alter the flats on the safety and reinstall it.

Over all, the quality of the gun is very good. They should have made some inexpensive refinements. IE: FCG and feeding. The build is tight and nothing wiggles around. Even the open sights are so nice that you don't need to replace them with steel ones. Nothing like the Magpul M-bus units at all.

I have not shot anything for three weeks but I will get on the Kriss asap.

I just got this Sako Quad Range on Feb 3rd and only have twenty rounds trough but I can tell she is a very nice gun.
    Thanks again to Jimmy D in Ak.

Shawn

Attachments

• DSC00091.JPG
      DSC00091.JPG
      282.6 KB · Views: 47
    • super_semi-automatic_2.jpg
      super_semi-automatic_2.jpg
      66.2 KB · Views: 56
    • p_100015922_6.jpg
      p_100015922_6.jpg
      13.2 KB · Views: 65
    • DSC00146.JPG
      DSC00146.JPG
      368.9 KB · Views: 82
    • DSC00149.JPG
      DSC00149.JPG
      377.5 KB · Views: 67
    • DSC00160.JPG
      DSC00160.JPG
      366.4 KB · Views: 65
    I did but I’m left handed , I’m going to wait till somebody makes a left handed that is not thousands of dollar and continue using the cz527 and the Ruger 10/22

Reactions: littlepod