• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ultradyne Apollo S

Southern Custom

Master Engraver
Minuteman
  • When I built my last rifle I was looking for a brake and kept getting the same recommendations for the 419 Hellfire and the other usual suspects. After a lot of research I ended up with the Ultradyne Apollo S. While I like Area 419 stuff, I kept hearing that while the hellfire is a good brake, it's also loud as hell and has a fair amount of blowback to anyone in the area. I accidentally saw a great review on a bunch of brakes tested on an AR platform and a couple came out way above the others in terms of recoil mitigation, noise level etc.
    Fast forward and I added the Apollo S to my 6mm. I was astounded at how soft the gun shoots and it's not a heavy rifle at 14-15 pounds. Like .223 soft. And it's amazingly quiet (relative term) From one range session without it, to the next one with it, I could barely tell the difference. No you don't want to be standing 5 feet to the side but blowback is not bad and theres very little ground disturbance. Suffice to say it's an extremely efficient brake. The self timing mount is icing on the cake. I'll definitely run one on my next build. Just though I'd throw out this quick review since it's not a brake is see mentioned much. I haven't tried the Apollo Max but I might on the next 6.5 hunting rifle build.
    1B08DAE2-E4A2-498E-85D2-F553B9B75734.jpeg

Besides being meant/marketed for ARs

Its tiny in diameter and on anything like medium palma and bigger it will look odd and/or not even cover the entire muzzle