• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ultradyne chassis?

Dildobaggins

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2020
    I have a kelbly atlas tac, that has an urban rifleman barrel on it. Variable shoulder/Barrel nut . I know. How could someone do something like that to a kelbly?

Anyway, looking for a budget chassis.
    I was thinking about getting an ultradyne 7 slot chassis and an MDT composite carbine stock. For a grand total of about $518 before tax.

Anyone have experience with these? The ultimate advertiser seems to like them. Just looking for a budget chassis. I don't compete. I'll be shooting off a bench and a ground blind for hunting.

Questions:
    Thoughts on that or a different budget chassis?

Or how would this be vs a Aero precision chassis?

Thanks

I too have been looking at the UD chassis. I was hoping there would be some feedback on here from people who own them. All the reviews I find of them seem to be positive.

Reactions: Dildobaggins
    The ultimate advertiser seems to like them.

I know that a lot of people joke around that he doesn't ever have a bad review, and that's your sign he's a paid advertiser. There are better signs of it, IMO.

He actually has to disclose that relationship, and it's at the bottom of his video description. I'd bet not many folks make it to the bottom of the description. For example, in this video:

This is at the bottom:

1710253791577.png

Last edited:
    I don’t have any experience with the LSS XL but that’s another good choice. I consider it basic because it doesn’t have the added features that most others I was considering had, but the adjustable mag latch is a nice added benefit for sure.

Reactions: Dildobaggins
    I know that a lot of people joke around that he doesn't ever have a bad review, and that's your sign he's a paid advertiser. There are better signs of it, IMO.

He actually has to disclose that relationship, and it's at the bottom of his video description. I'd bet not many folks make it to the bottom of the description. For example, in this video:

This is at the bottom:

View attachment 8370972

Good catch. I never noticed that. That being said, I feel like he wouldn't be advertising something that he knew was junk. Could be wrong though. Guy is living a life many can only dream of.

@Diavlo I'm gonna grab one next week. Maybe I'll post a quick review on it or just share my thoughts. Hate when I can't find many reviews for a product I want.

So if it helps the guys at Ultradyne were really helpful when I have talked to them the lss xl imo is extremely close to the Ultradyne which I like the Ud better because of the built in arca rail which also creates a flat surface to place upon barricades I think for the budget the UD offers the most per price . And can’t forget the xlr element

Yeah for the price the Ultradyne and the XLR Element are pretty damn close. The XLR has a couple extra features I wish I had gone with, but the lead time was much longer. I was able to make the Ultradyne work regardless

Yeah for the price the Ultradyne and the XLR Element are pretty damn close. The XLR has a couple extra features I wish I had gone with, but the lead time was much longer. I was able to make the Ultradyne work regardless
    Oh I gotcha glad it’s working out of curiosity what were the features I haven’t got to handle a element but am looking for a new sa chassis in this price range

Oh I gotcha glad it’s working out of curiosity what were the features I haven’t got to handle a element but am looking for a new sa chassis in this price range
    Well the main things I was looking to the Element for was the adjustable thumbrest/timer mount, and the LA CIP magwell. For you looking for a SA the magwell would be a nonissue.

If you're in that price bracket the Solus chassis is no slouch either.

IMO, the Solus is one of those things that are a "good value for the money" but it has a lot of small annoying nags.

Cheekpiece removal needed for cleaning and it's not a quick detach unless you mod it
    Many external weights interfere with the rail clamps
    The mag latch can be temperamental. Sometimes the mag just won't come out without a hard tug
    The action screws need a shim kit for a non-Aero action

If they can improve a few things, and keep the price, it'll be a great choice. As it stands now, it feels unrefined to me. I strongly prefer my old ACC and my new ACC Elite, but the latter is 2X the cost. I paid about $600 for the Solus and $1150 for the ACC Elite.

Last edited:
    The whole point of a chassis is the adjustability that the platform offers. For my money I would always make sure to buy the platform that gives me the most adjustability and options. My experience with the different buffer tube style buttstocks has been severely lacking. Its one of those things that you think you are saving money to get into but by the time you purchase different pieces to try to make it work you would have been happier spending more money in the beginning. YMMV.

Reactions: Tigertickle