• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ultralight 7mm-08 options?

johnstonblake

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2010
Texas
I'm wanting to buy/modify/build an ultralight 7-08 with a threaded 18" barrel. I'll be hanging a thunderbeast ultra 7 can on it. I'd really like a kimber Adirondack, but they're too rare and expensive. Kicking around buying a savage lightweight storm, chopping 2", and putting a MPI stock on it. I've heard howa is going to chamber their ultralight in 7-08, but I kinda want stainless. Any suggestions? Thanks.

What did you end up doing? Sorry to resurrect an old thread

Last edited:
I'm wanting to buy/modify/build an ultralight 7-08 with a threaded 18" barrel. I'll be hanging a thunderbeast ultra 7 can on it. I'd really like a kimber Adirondack, but they're too rare and expensive. Kicking around buying a savage lightweight storm, chopping 2", and putting a MPI stock on it. I've heard howa is going to chamber their ultralight in 7-08, but I kinda want stainless. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Like this? 20” 7mm-08, with the scope weighs under 10lbs. fully rigged.

IMG_7584.jpeg

Ballistic-X-Export-2023-01-16 17:10:28.998749.jpg

I have a standard weight 110 Storm in .223 that`s been excellent in function and accuracy out to 200 yards. Plan to try it at longer distances JMO based on experience, but I wouldn`t hesitate to buy an Ultralite Storm.