• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ultralight khaki cargo pants suggestion

SuckitTrebek

The rapist for $200
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2005
The Great State of Texas
so right now I wear 5.11 light cargo pants, don't remember the exact model, but they are pretty light.

Anyone have any other good suggestions. color has to be khaki and I like cargo pockets.

I’ve just got a few pair of the Kinetic pants by Proper. I like the way the put the stretch waist band in them, and the line of grippy stuff to hold your shirts tucked. I’ve only worn them a few times but so far I’m a fan.

Two of my buddies agree with the poster above on the LAPolice Gear pants. I do not personally have a set but trust their opinions.

+1 on LAPG urban OPPs pamts. Cheap at less than $25.00 and are very comfortable. Darker colors do fade a bit in first washing or two. The vertex are my personal favorite for their ability to resist soiling and can be wiped down with a damp clothe to remove any soiling.

KÜHL.

They have many types of pants including what you're lookin for. I really like their flannel lined pants for Winter.

www.kuhl.com

shit. i'm not looking for $90 pants.

The 5.11's are $40 and do the job pretty good. Was just looking for reasonable suggestions

And this is for construction work, yet looks presentable. Since i'm the guy in charge, not the guy digging ditches.

giphy.gif

Duluth Trading? I have some of the Firehose Flex foreman pants for work, not super duper light but they're comfy and they last. The dry-on-the-fly ones are pretty light, although I don't own any.

They're expensive, but 20-30% off (20% this weekend in fact) and free shipping helps, and they're guaranteed for life. I've been adding to my collection a while, got tired of $20 wally world cargo pants lasting a year or less.

shit. i'm not looking for $90 pants.

The 5.11's are $40 and do the job pretty good. Was just looking for reasonable suggestions

And this is for construction work, yet looks presentable. Since i'm the guy in charge, not the guy digging ditches.

I can understand wanting to be frugal. However, think about like this. Much like an expensive rifle, an expensive pair of pants may offer you better fit, style, and quality that may last you far longer than 5.11’s. Kuhl is a quality product that is easily worth $90. Are they right for everyone? No. However, don’t immediately reject the opinion due to price alone.

I’m former military and now in other government employ. I have been issued a lot of 5.11 products over the years. To me, the fit, quality of manufacturing, and design do not hold up. Simply put, for something I’m going to be wearing for 8-12 hours a day, I won’t wear them even if issued for free. I don’t skimp on shoes or clothing, as they will significantly impact my day far more than much of my high end gear, like a rifle. My Kuhl, Patagonia, and Outdoor Research clothes have offered me far longer service life than any 5.11 product, are more comfortable, as well as fit and look significantly better. If cost is that much of an issue, you can often find online sales that will get you in the ballpark.

Anyways, best of luck with your search.

I can understand wanting to be frugal. However, think about like this. Much like an expensive rifle, an expensive pair of pants may offer you better fit, style, and quality that may last you far longer than 5.11’s. Kuhl is a quality product that is easily worth $90. Are they right for everyone? No. However, don’t immediately reject the opinion due to price alone.

I’m former military and now in other government employ. I have been issued a lot of 5.11 products over the years. To me, the fit, quality of manufacturing, and design do not hold up. Simply put, for something I’m going to be wearing for 8-12 hours a day, I won’t wear them even if issued for free. I don’t skimp on shoes or clothing, as they will significantly impact my day far more than much of my high end gear, like a rifle. My Kuhl, Patagonia, and Outdoor Research clothes have offered me far longer service life than any 5.11 product, are more comfortable, as well as fit and look significantly better. If cost is that much of an issue, you can often find online sales that will get you in the ballpark.

Anyways, best of luck with your search.

Don't get me wrong, I bet those $90 pants are great, well at least the warranty is great. But that was not kuhl, that's duluth.

Have 5 pairs of 5.11 taclite pants. Holding up great so far. In a year guess we'll see. Maybe I'll trade them out for the duluth pants as they cycle out.

fan of patagonia as well. again because of the warranty.

so right now I wear 5.11 light cargo pants, don't remember the exact model, but they are pretty light.

Anyone have any other good suggestions. color has to be khaki and I like cargo pockets.

try vertx phantom ops airflow pants

Was just going to recommend these. I also really like the Under Armour Tactical pants.

These Tru-Spec pants have been my choice for several years. LINK to the Tru-Spec clothing

The company outfitted the match staff for the Rockcastle Pro-Am 3 Gun a few years ago and I was very impressed with how well the pants held up. I've since bought a few more, and still wear my original set too.

Duluth dry on the fly pants. Not terribly sturdy but that comes with the ultralight classification.