• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ULTRAMAX Re-manufactured .308 HPBT 168grn

Mosley

Private
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2012
Pennsylvania
I was walking around the local Dick's/Sports Academy looking at their various "NEW BUYS" and saw some "NEW" ammunition. The box screams "ULTRAMAX AMMUNITION - We Cover America" across the front, with a nice "Value Pack" sticker. Now I realize what to expect from Re-manufactured ammo so I am not going to use it for super accuracy. Mostly some fun plinkin' ammo for next weekend. Anyhow:

60 rnds for $64.99
Rman2.jpg

Front of Box

Rman1.jpg

Than there was the one bullet (LEFT) that I REALLY doubt I am going to discharge. Now all of the bullets are blemished and the brass isn't exactly, umm.... Shiney? haha But they are all in safe condition to fire out of my rifle. Take a look at this one that passed "Quality Control"

Rman3.jpg

As a side note: all the rounds are also a little dinged up, sort of like the America Eagle (Walmart) 100rnd bulk packs of .223 FMJ. But that should come out when fire formed to the chamber. I will not be reloading this brass. If someone else wants, give me a PM. Pay shipping and it's yours!

EDIT: There are various Head Stamps on the brass:

FC 00 thru 09
LC LR 10
LC 00 -09
PMJ 00 thru 09
TAA 00 thru 09
WCC 00 thru 10
IVI 70
SBS 00 thru 09

Any information on those?

Re: ULTRAMAX Re-manufactured .308 HPBT 168grn

Id say you got hosed. I just bought Federal 168 sierra match kings for $21 a box at Cabelas on sale. Stocked up now.

But than you have to pay shipping and handling lol That is where you get "hosed" haha

I am not using this too see how precise I can get :p just general paper punching and ground chucks. I felt comfortable with the price for the amount of ammunition and for the intended purpose. Figured I post my buy and will post my experience with it

AND COME ON!!! IT SAID VALUE PACK!!!!!!!!
whistle.gif
HAHAHHA

Case price is free shipping and handling. And in Virginia no sales tax and no wasting an hour on the road.

When I am in the neighborhood shopping for a case, I will keep them bookmarked
smile.gif
I am going shooting either next WED or THUR, I will let you know if they are Minute of Pigeon as that is what we chose to be our plinkin' target lol

I agree with all above stated topics but I thought it was a good deal for just plinkin' lol I did say I wasn't expecting much too so I didn't think I was getting Nosler, Hornady or Sierra