• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report ultramax reloads?

chadg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2009
foothills of the ozarks.
Anyone ever tried ultramax 168 gr remanufactured ammo?Is it crap or would it be good practice ammo?Also if anyone has tried it are there any problems with swelled cases.

Re: ultramax reloads?

All I have ever heard is that Ultramax is not quality ammo. I call total BS!! I have had nothing but great results from the stuff. It didn't shoot quite as good as my Federal Gold out of my FN-SPR, but it was really close.

So far, I have not shot any Federal Gold out of my new Savage 10FPLE, and at this point I have no intentions to do so. I shot the single best 3-shot group of my life with it shooting the Smack-the-Smiley competition, and they are almost all 3 in the same dang hole!! My wife came in behind the Savage and shot a .81" group her FIRST TIME SHOOTING A .308!!

I don't know if I got a fluke of really good ammo from them or what, but I absolutely LOVE THE STUFF!!

DK

Allright z71 thanks for the info.I can get the 308-168gr.for about 20$ a box.I think i will go buy about 5 boxes and try it out.
Oh yeah do you know who makes the bullets in these loads?

As far as I know, they are Sierra bullets. Mine have been with a mixture of Federal and Lapua brass. You can find Ultramax for cheaper than $20 a box if you look long enough.

You shouldn't have to buy that many to test out your rifle with them. I would just buy 1, or maybe 2 first. Then if you find that your rifle likes it, then go buy more.

All different makes of bullets will have different results in each rifle. Just check it out first prior to dumpin alot of cash. Or, I will just claim a waiver on the results. My results speak for themselves...

DK