• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

ultrasonic cleaner questions?

thechristianbear2001

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2014
Canadian, TX
I plan on purchasing one to clean a little brass and also my spectre II rimfire suppressor….. other than the ultrasonic cleaner what things do I need for this whole process? glass tub, cleaning agents, what???

I am looking at the 2.5liter cleaner from harbor freight

Honestly ultrasonic doesnt work that great with brass. If you are going to bother w/ getting them wet & having to dry - I say go w/ ss wet tumbling. I got the Frankford Arsenal tumbler & it works great.
I have the Hornady ultrasonic & have relegated it to gun parts cleaning, which it works very well for.

I agree. Got an ultrasonic cleaner and was disappointed. Got a stainless tumbler, and now I don't use the ultrasonic any more.

ultrasonic works for brass cleaning, however the brass comes out dull.

I am done buying gimmicky ultrasonic solutions...they all work the same...not very well.

My ultrasonic solution is lemishine + palmolive dish soap (the green one that's a degreaser)...this works better than all the solutions i've tried.

Even still, case necks are still dirty, but primer pockets are clean.

Case cleaning for me is as follows:

1. deprime/resize spent cases
2. ultrasonically clean them w lemishine + palmolive dish soap (at least 5 30minute sessions in boiling hot water)
3. tumble the brass for 12hrs -18hrs (tumbling alone does no clean the primer pockets)

Cases come out shinier than new brass...

Your doing it wrong. Pics of my brass in this thread.

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...04-hornady-sonic-cleaner-wtf.html#post3189904

Cheers

Vince

Cliffs:

My recipe

HF Ultrasonic

Wash
50/50 Vinegar/ Distilled water volume by rough eyeball
Dash of Lemishine
Couple drops of dish soap
3-4 cycles as needed with heat
Drain (cheap colander)

Rinse
Distilled water
Dash of baking soda
1-2 cycles
Drain

Shake around in towel and drop in basket to finish drying. No comparison to traditional vibratory tumbling in speed or cleanliness in my experience.

Last edited: