• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ultrasonic cleaning and neck tension

frankmorrow

Private
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2021
Kentucky
Just wanting to see if anyone else has had this issue after ultrasonic cleaning having issues of getting consistent seating depth + - 10 thousandths but if I tumble brass after ultrasonic cleaning I don’t have these issues!

thats an odd one. i've used ultrasonic, s/s media tumbling, walnut tumbling, lyman drying and never had a seating issue.
have you cleaned your seating die of late?
is ultrasonic cleaning not cleaning the inside of the necks properly?
have you used a brush and passed it inside the necks?

I use ultrasonic just to get the cleanest but walnut media seems to make seating smoother I think the u.s could be making a dry etching film on the neck of the case from the lemishine being acidic?

i use citric acid when cleaning as we dont have lemishine here. am yet to run into seating issues.

maybe just maybe i dont have issues cause im using dry lube when sizing and not cleaning again before loading, maybe.

Are you dry lubing the case neck prior to seating? Sounds like you just need a little neck lube.